We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Slightly Ethno but certainly botanical garden Options

Peverly
#1 Posted : 7/23/2018 8:00:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello all!

I want to firstly say that I love you all, all corners of this earth. We are one, we are blessed. The pursuit of knowledge, growth and development presented on this website are second to none and I can only aim to add to that. It's quite a ways into my outdoor growing season here but I finally have the time to share what I am growing this year, hopefully have some good conversation and be inspired! I love talking about growing any and everything under the sun. Everyone has different techniques to grow different things and you can spend all the time you want on google looking for the answers but you will never learn the things you do from actually speaking to other farmers/growers in person. Its beautiful.

Most of the things I am growing this year aren't ethnobotanicals but more will be sprouting over my next winter season. REALLY hoping to add some Salvia D. to my roster, I would die a happy man if I could start one from seed. I will be seeding Datura for next season I can't wait for the smells! I quit smoking cigarettes almost 8 months ago but the plant spirit still calls so I would like to grow my own Mapacho and explore that before I pass. I am not in a permanent residence to start my own Hostilis or Acacia but eventually it will happen, I feel it. I also will grow my own Changa blend in the future, I have yet to explore Changa but I feel there is a blend out there for me, waiting for its growth in my garden. The future can be so enticing! Drool

What I do currently have growing is

- 5 different hybrids of Pachanoi's and Bridgessi started from seed based on the recommendation from a user here, so thank you very much, they seem to be very happy and I am having a blast navigating this plants spirit. I have a tough time with succulents/cacti so there is much to learn here for me.

- 7 cannabis plants, sort of random seed donation. I know for certain some of them are known girl scout cookie genetics but it doesn't matter too much to me. Didn't intent to grow that many but when 7 out of 8 seeds germ, then those 7 grow up to ALL be females... what else can you do but grow them out? Love I have been growing cannabis for about 10 seasons with some off seasons so this is my most well versed spirit.

- Microgreens which I would like to start a whole thread in sustainable living on.

- An avocado tree, sucker was hard to get going.

- Nasturtiums, These are absolutely wonderful to grow indoors with your other plants, or even outdoors. Most pests such as aphids and white fly hate it and will stay away from its vicinity. Plus the leaves and flowers are edible and very good for you!

I also have an Heirloom outdoor garden where I am growing

- Pole/Pod beans
- Amaranth and all the other goodies like tomatoes, peppers etc

I am also starting a small Butterfly habitat with native Milkweed and had great success this year. Counted around 15 monarch caterpillars and watched them grow and grow until they went on their way to blossom.

I will probably post pictures of these plants every once and a while and start a garden log for the years to come. I would love to have yet another place to learn and discuss all sorts of plants as I swear you can never have to many. With much love Love

**Made some Edits to add more pictures and made sure they were all the correct aspect and rotated properly**
Peverly attached the following image(s):
IMG_1673.jpg (2,395kb) downloaded 33 time(s).
IMG_1674.jpg (2,437kb) downloaded 32 time(s).
IMG_1675.jpg (1,518kb) downloaded 32 time(s).
IMG_1676.jpg (1,869kb) downloaded 31 time(s).
IMG_1678.jpg (1,813kb) downloaded 31 time(s).
IMG_1679.jpg (1,707kb) downloaded 32 time(s).
IMG_1680.jpg (3,870kb) downloaded 31 time(s).
IMG_1681.jpg (4,559kb) downloaded 31 time(s).
IMG_1682.jpg (3,811kb) downloaded 30 time(s).
IMG_1683.jpg (3,960kb) downloaded 29 time(s).
IMG_1684.jpg (4,106kb) downloaded 27 time(s).
IMG_1685.jpg (3,612kb) downloaded 27 time(s).
IMG_1686.jpg (4,138kb) downloaded 27 time(s).
IMG_1687.jpg (1,347kb) downloaded 26 time(s).
IMG_1688.jpg (3,896kb) downloaded 26 time(s).
IMG_1689.jpg (705kb) downloaded 26 time(s).
IMG_1690.jpg (1,259kb) downloaded 26 time(s).
IMG_1691.jpg (682kb) downloaded 26 time(s).
IMG_1692.jpg (549kb) downloaded 26 time(s).
IMG_1693.jpg (1,796kb) downloaded 26 time(s).
IMG_1694.jpg (1,863kb) downloaded 26 time(s).
IMG_1695.jpg (2,411kb) downloaded 26 time(s).
IMG_1697.jpg (816kb) downloaded 26 time(s).
โ€œMy brain is only a receiver, in the Universe there is a core from which we obtain knowledge, strength and inspiration. I have not penetrated into the secrets of this core, but I know that it exists.โ€

โ€• Nikola Tesla

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Mitakuye Oyasin
#2 Posted : 7/23/2018 8:05:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Great garden. Your cacti are big enough to graft.
Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous.
โ€” Terence McKenna

All my posts are hypothetical and for educational/entertainment purposes, and are not an endorsement of said activities. SWIM (a fictional character based on other people) either obtained a license for said activity, did said activity where it is legal to do so, or as in most cases the activity is completely fictional.

CatPharm
#3 Posted : 7/24/2018 2:22:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Absolutely lovin itThumbs up 😁 very jealous bout the avocado tree btw...cant wait to see future pics😼

Muskogee Herbman
#4 Posted : 7/24/2018 3:18:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

beautiful!!
Creator help me live in a way that will make my ancestors proud.

Loveall
#5 Posted : 7/24/2018 4:03:09 AM

โค๏ธโ€🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

Very nice!

Be careful with Amarath. Have you grown it before? I grew it once and made the mistake of not being very careful with the seeds. I harvested them clumsily and spread out A LOT of seeds all over the garden. The next year I had to pull amaranth seedlings all season long. It was so bad I had to turn the soil to uproot a mat of seedlings that formed in a few beds and replant what I was trying to grow originally.
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

Peverly
#6 Posted : 7/26/2018 12:34:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

sorry for the side ways pictures, lost my internet connection and it just went ahead and posted before I had done any fine tuning. I have more pics hopefully those will be right side up.

Loveall wrote:
Very nice!

Be careful with Amarath. Have you grown it before? I grew it once and made the mistake of not being very careful with the seeds. I harvested them clumsily and spread out A LOT of seeds all over the garden. The next year I had to pull amaranth seedlings all season long. It was so bad I had to turn the soil to uproot a mat of seedlings that formed in a few beds and replant what I was trying to grow originally.

No I haven't grown it before but I will be careful. I was really interested in growing it after learning about its history. I wanted to harvest the seed for use as a hot cereal or oatmeal if you will. I've heard great things about its flavor profile as well as being a super-food.

CatPharm wrote:
Absolutely lovin itThumbs up 😁 very jealous bout the avocado tree btw...cant wait to see future pics😼
Thank you! That sucker took SO long to germinate, I think I planted it on the Second of this February so its been just roughly 7 months to get to that point. Most say it probably will not bear an avocado either.

Mitakuye Oyasin wrote:
Great garden. Your cacti are big enough to graft.
Oh you don't say, that's something I certainly want to get into eventually. I've been sort of confused as of late with my cacti children. Just not sure when I should officially let them breath the open air instead of being in the humidor with a weekly spray down of distilled water. Or when they would be ready to transplant. I had planned to give some away to trusted people in my life. As far as grafting, is there a plant that works best? One that the community here typically uses? User Wakinyan has explained to be a bit the basics of Grafting but I need to learn A LOT more about it.
โ€œMy brain is only a receiver, in the Universe there is a core from which we obtain knowledge, strength and inspiration. I have not penetrated into the secrets of this core, but I know that it exists.โ€

โ€• Nikola Tesla