We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
[Grow Box] Tryptophane + Harvest Question! Options

Brennendes Wasser
#1 Posted : 7/23/2018 12:48:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

Hello!

I have 1 Grow Box and 2 Questions:

1.) Adding Tryptophane - it was said that adding Tryptophane to the Box may increase the actives' yield. Well even if this is only a placebo, I wanna try it.

I have like 3 g of Tryptophane, which is quite much considering I just got a 2,1 ccm (= 2 L) Box - so I won't add everything I guess.

But my question is: How do I add it ? Yes, People added them directly to the substrate, but as I have a Grow Box ordered from the Internet, this step is already impossible of course.

Dissolving them in water is not possible - Tryptophane won't dissolve.

Just throwing it in a fine layer on top? Hmmm ... this is the only thing I can imagine, as dissolving them in IPA and pouring it into the box should harm the shroom.

Any thoughts?

ALSO: Any advice for how much Tryptophane for a 2 L Box?

2.) Harvesting the Shrooms - well when it comes to the point where the first mushrooms nearly start opening their cap (this is what I understood should make me harvest them), shall I then harvest even very little mushrooms, even if they are less than 1 cm?

Someone said I should harvest everything so I will do the minimum amount of harvest steps (as Harvesting every shroom on its own when he's big will increase contamination chance).

But on the other hand I got the info that very little shroomies could be left inside and observed, if they will grow more the days afterwards.

So what do you do: completely harvest the box when the first shrooms are ready or only take the biggest ones?

THXXX

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

benzyme
#2 Posted : 7/23/2018 3:48:26 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

It probably won’t work, because the fungus derives its own tryptophan (it’s a decomposer) and tryptophan-decarboxylation is the rate-limiting step..i.e. it requires the most Gibbs free energy. You’d be better off adding tryptamine. Adding tryptophan would result in feedback inhibition at the first step in the metabolic pathway.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

Brennendes Wasser
#3 Posted : 7/24/2018 12:08:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

Ok but how about the harvest question?

Harvest 100% of the mushrooms, even the tiny ones

or only harvest that ones which are bigger than 2 cm or whatever threshold?

benzyme
#4 Posted : 7/24/2018 2:22:27 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

they’re typically harvested, just before the veil breaks, regardless of size, because that is when they are most potent.
also, pick the aborts as needed, as soon as possible; these are the ones with darker heads, usually pointed, and small. otherwise, they become hosts to bacterial contamination. dry them and save..they are very potent.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

Brennendes Wasser
#5 Posted : 7/25/2018 9:35:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

Sorry what is actually meant with *Abort* ?

They are those little dark-headed tiny shroomies in that picture I guess:

https://files.shroomery....23-DSC00661_1024x768.jpg

So what is the difference between a just small Shroom and an Abort ?

Does it mean that the Aborts definetly will not grow past this stage and therefore would rather open their cap instead of getting grower when you would just wait even more?

Also if you say: Harvest before they open their Cap.

Doesn't that mean that I should NOT harvest everything at once then, but only Harvest the Mushrooms each day that are nearly opening and leaving everything different in peace ?

Sakkadelic
#6 Posted : 7/25/2018 11:01:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

yes aborts are small mushrooms that opened their caps and won't grow any farther, you can see clearly that their caps even very small but have opened and they will start turning dark.. they will just rot if you leave them waiting for them to grow more and they won't anyway..

you should harvest after the veil breaks(cap open), big or small once the veil breaks it's ready to harvest, usually it's like just 1-2 days between the first cap opens and until the rest follows, you can harvest them one by one as veils break but that's not practical, since it will waste time and bcz you need to dehydrate them so putting them in batches in the dehydrator will ensure that the whole batch is dry and not some dry some not..

so if only few have opened you can wait and by the end of the day harvest all those that have opened, the ones that are still closed leave them to the next day.. if you wait for them all to open some will sporulate and make a mess, but that's not a big deal it will still be good

don't worry about it much, it doesn't make a big difference, harvest when you feel that a good amount
has matured and like benzyme said harvest the aborts too, they are potent and if you leave them you are making your grow more prone to contaminants
"Is this the end of our adventure? Nothing has an end. We came in search of the secret of immortality, to be like gods, and here we are... mortals, more human than ever. If we have not obtained immortality, at least we have obtained reality. We began in a fairytale and we came to life! But is this life reality? We are images, dreams, photographs. We must not stay here! Prisoners! We shall break the illusion. This is Maya. Goodbye to the holy mountain. Real life awaits us." ~ Alejandro Jodorowsky