We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Need advice on preparation of herbal tonic Options

Intezam
#1 Posted : 7/12/2018 8:05:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Trying to prepare a herbal tonic with anti inflammatory or near antibiotic properties from:
RAW HONEY
BLACK PEPPER
TURMERIC
GINGER
GARLIC
APPLE CIDER VINEGAR

All mixed together. Here is the question. What would be a good way to get the most out of the herbs and spices? Soaking the crushed spices and herbs in some apple cider vinegar? There are some conflicting recipies out there...somboday boils the whole stuff for hrs...another 0ne(1) just mixes everything right into the honey. How would you do it with the same stuff....?

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Peverly
#2 Posted : 7/13/2018 12:07:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ayurvedic Anti-inflammatory tea that I swear by.

for 2 Quartz of water.

-15 cloves
-20 Black Peppercorns
-20 Split cardamom pods
-8 slices of Ginger, size of slices depends on how gingery I am feeling. I love ginger.
- A bag of quality black tea (can be omitted if no caffeine is desired.

Add your ACV, Turmeric and a SMALL amount of garlic and Wah-Lah. I usually do not take extra preparations with the herbs and spices. Maybe if i feel it necessary I will muddle (Mash up) the slices of ginger to faster release its flavors and oils etc. Also Look into the Asteraceae genus of herbs also known as Electric Daisy or Tooth ache plant. This herb is EXCELLENT for antibiotic and anti fungal properties. Plus its a riot to eat the buds. Makes your mouth feel like a 9-volt battery.

I boil all items for about 2-3 hours. Tea is probably ready around the two hour mark but it makes my house so pleasant I often let a good amount evaporate to steam my house a bit.

I made this tea for two experienced cultured Indian women and they recommended I put

-1 Tsp of toasted Coriander seed
-1 pinch of Cumin

The last two will certainly change the flavor profile entirely and make it seems wholly regionally different. Quite interesting. Hope this helps, I think you've just inspired me to make a batch! Love
“My brain is only a receiver, in the Universe there is a core from which we obtain knowledge, strength and inspiration. I have not penetrated into the secrets of this core, but I know that it exists.”

― Nikola Tesla

Intezam
#3 Posted : 7/13/2018 2:31:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

thx for the suggestion, we got all these spices (except the electric daisy) since we feed on tail masala + sabzi (everyday almost). Love

Anyways, we like to try the recipe from above, since we already purr chased those ingredients such as fresh turmeric root and all.

Someboday on the innernet said curcumin isn't soluable in water? Is that true? So we have to add some oils? The same lady suggested to let it soak for 0ne(1) month in the vinegar. But we cannot wait 0ne(1) month. There must be a way to extract the goodies in a faster way without destroying their properties?

Mr&Mrs McShulfman
#4 Posted : 7/13/2018 5:09:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Turmeric says "do not boil me. Use cold water." in case of fever smash 1cm³ of fresh root, triturate it in cold water for 10 minutes. Filter and drink before sleeping.
The chemical action of turmeric is not well known, effectively people say that the active curcumin isn't soluble in water but communication with the plant ans experience showed me that a short cold infusion is very effective.

Think about amanita muscaria which has awesome antiinflammatory, antibiotic and antiviral proprieties even in small doses (the quarter of a mid size cap does not give a mental or physical disturbing effect and is very effective too.
You can read this book which has few information on it if you haven't read yet. http://ambrosiasociety.org (EBook category)

downwardsfromzero
#5 Posted : 7/13/2018 8:33:31 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

I like to have my turmeric with coconut oil and a generous dash of black pepper. Curcumin is much more soluble in oil than it is in water, and piperine from black pepper induces an active transport mechanism, increasing the uptake of curcumin into the body about 10000-fold.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Doc Buxin
#6 Posted : 7/17/2018 12:45:09 AM

Pay No Mind

Keep in mind that black pepper has a warm-hot energetic and goes inward & downward to the Kidney system (white pepper travels outward & releases the exterior). Garlic has a warm-hot energetic (depending on how it's prepared, e.g. raw garlic is way hot, whereas cooked is merely warm) and affects the Lung/Large Intestine/Skin, Kidney/Bladder and Spleen/Stomach/Pancreas Systems. Ginger is warm-hot (raw,fresh is warm and releases the exterior; dried is hot and heats/dries the Stomach/Spleen System), turmeric is cooling, honey is neutral and I'm pretty sure vinegar is too.

I'm telling you all this, Intezam, because if you are dealing with a health issue that manifests itself with any redness and swelling, the warm-hot energetic herbs may not do much for you and can possibly even exacerbate the symptoms. You'd actually be better off in that case with just the turmeric, honey & vinegar.

On the other hand, if your manifest symptoms are of a cold nature (no redness anywhere, with or without swelling) and you're exhibiting pale color where the problem is, or the problem has originated from a cold-stagnation situation, then your recipe as stated in your OP should do wonders.

Best of luck!

Freedom's so hard
When we are all bound by laws
Etched in the scheme of nature's own hand
Unseen by all those who fail
In their pursuit of fate

Baelor
#7 Posted : 7/21/2018 10:40:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

for an antibiotic effect add stevia extract.

Doc Buxin
#8 Posted : 7/23/2018 11:09:54 PM

Pay No Mind

Doc Buxin wrote:
... turmeric is cooling...

I must correct myself here for the sake of clarity.

The turmeric recognized by Western herbalism is actually warming in energetic and goes to the heart, liver & lungs.

I tend to get the turmeric species that TCM uses predominantly (yu jin), which is cooling in nature (actually a pretty cold energetic, not just cooling), mixed up with its warming, close relative that is the turmeric we find in Western herbalism.

My apologies for this mistake. Looks as if your entire recipe (with the exceptions of the honey & vinegar) has a warming-to-downright hot energetic Intezam, with no cooling or cold herbs for a balance.
Freedom's so hard
When we are all bound by laws
Etched in the scheme of nature's own hand
Unseen by all those who fail
In their pursuit of fate