We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
I can't get it right. GVG drip/leak problem too. Options

SomeSafariGuy
#1 Posted : 5/31/2018 12:43:10 PM
DMT-Nexus member

So after a few failed attempts using an oil pipe, I decided to invest in a GVG. IT's a beautiful piece, it really is.

After a lot of research, I decided to but some dried Mullein leaf. I put 5 screens in the GVG, they were bought from the GVG site but they don't seem to fit properly... I had to push them in with tweezers which bent them slightly. They don't seem to touch the sides and move slightly when I shake the GVG.

So I place some Mullein in on top of the 5 screens, weigh out 30mg with some £15 0.001mg scales from Amazon and place it on top of the Mullein. Put the ceramic filter on top and begin inhaling with the lighter just over the filter. As soon as it melts I stop, exhale completely, then with the lighter still there I take in as much as possible. I haven't burned it as I didn't get the burnt taste I got with the oil pipe. I hold it in for about 15 seconds, exhale then take another big hit. I aim for one more big hit, as I'm taking it I can feel the effects coming on and the light of the flame is flashing and flickering in my vision. I put the GVG down and lay back with my eyes closed. It's a lot stronger than any of my attempts I had with the oil pipe. Very visual, bright colours, rushing feeling over my body, the feeling of the sofa moving, It's very noisy in there too. It's beautiful. After 5 - 6 minutes it wears off and I open my eyes. A very nice afterglow but I definitely could've done more.

Later I look in the GVG and there's a slight build up of light crystals in the curve bit of the pipe below the screens. There also seems to be some DMT still crystalised on the Mullein. I assumed that the Mullein had soaked up the DMT and that I hadn't vaporised enough. I remembered reading on here that with 5 screens you should be ok to put DMT in there without a bed. So the next day I did just that. I proceed to vapourize it int he same way as the day before. I get three hits and lay back. This time is not as strong. Colours are not as bright and I can still completely think and am fully aware that it's not very strong. After around 6 minutes I open my eyes. I look in the GVG and it seems the majority of the DMT just fell through. It's no longer just crystals but a collection of DMT. If I heat it up slightly it melts and it moves around.

So a couple of days later I try again. This time I have bought a Volcano liquid pad, cut it to size and placed it on top of the screens. I weigh out around 40mg and drop it on top of the liquid pad. Again, melt it, exhale and hit it hard. After the third hit, I am feeling next to nothing. The DMT has disappeared but it doesn't seem as if there is any more than has fallen through into the curved bit of the GVG. I pull out the liquid pad and notice that there are lots of little build ups of DMT within the pad.

Final time last night, I go back to the screens and Mullein with 40mg. Similar to the first time with the screens and Mullein but not as strong. Again, only lasting around 6 minutes.

What could it be? I understand why the DMT fell through, but with a bed of Mullein there doesn't seem to be much falling through at all. Only very tiny crystals forming from where vapour has cooled down.

Further info:
- I'm using a standard lighter.
- DMT is yellow. Got from a reputable source and I've seen his extraction method.
- Source tells me to use 40mg.
- House was empty, room was dimly lit. No noise. On the sofa in my 'comfy place'.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

null24
#2 Posted : 5/31/2018 3:50:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

You may have better results using a torch.

I'm not a big fan of the GVG. It is, in my opinion, overpriced and not terribly effective considering that a straight shooter/crack stem type pipe works perfectly for me without any of the issues that GVGs have presented to me. I often purchase glass eye dropper bottles for a couple bucks and construct a pre loaded pipe for each person or attempt I'm going to try with a steel wool screen layer, a ball of it impregnated with spice and another on top as a "flame shield". The pipe is the dropper and can be safely stored within its bottle with a little tissue.

This technique has been foolproof with me using a torch. I'm not worried about breaking them. They are cheap enough to make several and have a very low learning curve.
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

endlessness
#3 Posted : 5/31/2018 3:59:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah try the torch lighter, you'll have to find the spot where the vapor is as dense as you can bear without coughing or burning. Also clean your pipe because build up attracts more build up and makes it less effective. You can use some alcohol/acetone to wash and evap to retrieve DMT, or vinegar and put back into an extraction.

For me 30mg would already be plenty. The volcano liquid pad works perfect for me, other people use this: https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=42867

If by the third toke you havent got where you want, you can keep taking hits, as long as there is still something in the pipe and when you warm it up you can see vapor. And if 30mg is yielding many more hits than 3 or 4, you're probably not taking large enough hits.

Good luck, and let us know how it goes!

SomeSafariGuy
#4 Posted : 5/31/2018 8:24:42 PM
DMT-Nexus member

From the image below you can see that there is quite a bit in there! Would I be able to just heat up the bottom of the GVG and wait for it to vaporize or will I have to clean it out and extract it again?

Image Link

Southern_Bayou
#5 Posted : 5/31/2018 9:26:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You may be getting it to hot

To hot and the DMT runs from the heat

endlessness
#6 Posted : 5/31/2018 10:06:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Dont heat up directly, you dont want to use the pipe as a conduction-based method like an oil pipe, you might get it to burn and make it harder to clean... The GVG's main advantage is that its a convection based, so you should just recover that and use the normal way with hot air through the top ceramic piece.

You dont have to "extract" it, just use some alcohol or acetone or any other clean-evapping solvent and wash your pipe with it and then let the solvent evap, easy peasy

blue.magic
#7 Posted : 6/1/2018 11:59:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I had the same problem with GVG when I used classic lighter. It melted into the liquid pad and I felt nothing. I stored the liquid pad in a zip-loc bag for later use or cleanup.

Then I purchased a WinJet double-jet torch lighter, put in the old liquid pad and whoa! It worked Smile

I just barely touch the tip of the butane flame to the ceramic disk. It heats up quickly as I slowly inhale the air, then when it starts turning red, I retreat the lighter, usually the heat is enough at this point to vaporize most of the material.

Be careful though to not heat up the sorrounding glass too much. The ceramic will bear the immense heat, but the glass joint may crack due to internal tensions from heat expansion.

Best luck!

MenacingTrees
#8 Posted : 7/18/2018 6:26:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

There is one, obvious, abundant answer to your problem.

Changa.(Enhanced Leaf)

You have everything necessary to make it, all you need is acetone and a quick evap and boom you load it into a normal bowl and light er up like that mary jane all you fandangled whipper snappers seem to be hohaah'n around about.
"Just because it exists, doesn't mean it can't be done." - JG

Psilocybin plants your roots, LSD spreads your branches.
DMT turns your tree-ass into a damn rocket ship.

Friends don't let friends use freebase.

Bluehappy
#9 Posted : 7/19/2018 6:58:13 AM

What are you but what your mind percieves you to be. We are all entities to someone

blue.magic wrote:
I had the same problem with GVG when I used classic lighter. It melted into the liquid pad and I felt nothing. I stored the liquid pad in a zip-loc bag for later use or cleanup.

Then I purchased a WinJet double-jet torch lighter, put in the old liquid pad and whoa! It worked Smile

I just barely touch the tip of the butane flame to the ceramic disk. It heats up quickly as I slowly inhale the air, then when it starts turning red, I retreat the lighter, usually the heat is enough at this point to vaporize most of the material.

Be careful though to not heat up the sorrounding glass too much. The ceramic will bear the immense heat, but the glass joint may crack due to internal tensions from heat expansion.

Best luck!

Torch helps alot and it is OK to hit ceramic, but I go about 1-2cm above ceramic filter. This just helps ensure you don't break your new expensive toy.
One pre draw hit to pre melt, and then one slow long hit inhaling faster as the vapor thickens. Usually a one hit wonder with the gvg. 30mg can be Vaped in one easy too and away you go

laggy
#10 Posted : 7/24/2018 9:18:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Good info on the screens. Mine is here Wednesday and they’re getting pre-fitted before my Friday session.

I’m guessing it’s the regular lighter. With a yellow flame, you’re able to distort the flame and pull the flame in. And every millimeter counts. You’re getting fresh heat. Whereas with a torch, it’s more difficult to distort and your breath is pulling the residual heat vs the heat source (yellow flame), into the bowl.

I’ve seen YouTube vids of regular vapor genies being hit with regular lighters, but those people were smoking cannabis, which is much less critical temperature-wise, I assume. Since the site sells torch lighters, and their instructions show a torch lighter, I assumed I had to invest in one.

Keep us posted!

Here it is standing: atoms with consciousness; matter with curiosity. Stands at the sea, wonders at wondering: I, a universe of atoms an atom in the universe. - Richard Feynman

Because you didn’t come here to make a choice, you’ve already made it. You’re here to try to understand why you made it. - The Oracle, Matrix Reloaded

laggy
#11 Posted : 7/29/2018 1:16:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Just used my GVG last night. Got a scorch torch brand. Contrary to their rudimentary drawing I found that getting the flame in there is important. Floating too high gets you almost nothing, maybe a little melt. You do have to "get it in there" somewhat with the flame tip.
Here it is standing: atoms with consciousness; matter with curiosity. Stands at the sea, wonders at wondering: I, a universe of atoms an atom in the universe. - Richard Feynman

Because you didn’t come here to make a choice, you’ve already made it. You’re here to try to understand why you made it. - The Oracle, Matrix Reloaded

Simply_Me
#12 Posted : 7/30/2018 2:20:44 PM

Live the Life you Love

VaporGenie web site sells a concentrate pad that works awesome, you can wedge it above the screen and it works perfect. I took a .040g hit last night, my biggest ever without any problems. I use a torch, dial it down and WOW... I got separated from Body yet locked in a fractal world...Shocked

I also tried a .033g hit out of a new yocan evolve xl plus right before hand and there was no comparison, the GVG was cleaner, smoother and a way better hit.
Simply_Me attached the following image(s):
flat--liquid-pad-750x.jpg (14kb) downloaded 118 time(s).
IMG_0958.JPG (1,490kb) downloaded 118 time(s).
IMG_0959.JPG (1,518kb) downloaded 118 time(s).
I realize that no one book, one person, or even one ideology will have all the answers. I believe my job is to remain open yet discriminating. My intuition helps me discern truth, and wisdom helps me identify malicious intentions.

Metashaman
#13 Posted : 7/30/2018 4:02:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Simply_Me wrote:

VaporGenie web site sells a concentrate pad that works awesome, you can wedge it above the screen and it works perfect. I took a .040g hit last night, my biggest ever without any problems. I use a torch, dial it down and WOW... I got separated from Body yet locked in a fractal world...Shocked

I also tried a .033g hit out of a new yocan evolve xl plus right before hand and there was no comparison, the GVG was cleaner, smoother and a way better hit.

Thank you... I have had a really hard time with my GVG, I think missing the torch is it. Gonna try your way where i clean everything top to bottom and try to get it all in 1-2 hits.. Practice time Smile
Creator of PS.. Home of the Jester and the Akashic Record (DMT Monster Manual).
If Chat is down here, feel free to take refuge in Experience Report Chat til it's back up.