We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Sodium Carbonate STB? Options

brazilman
#1 Posted : 7/17/2018 1:51:10 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Basically I would like to do a simple tek that delivers good crystals for vaporizing, without using lye and without buying a ton of stuff that is expensive or hard to even find here. I'm not overly concerned with yield. My understanding of chemistry and how this stuff works isn't great (I've read a lot of material but it's a bit messy in my head how everything fits together) but it seems to me that this should work fine:

1. Mix equal parts MHRB powder and sodium carbonate with water.
2. Pull with Naphta and freeze precipitate. (repeat as necessary)

What am I missing?

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

brazilman
#2 Posted : 7/17/2018 2:18:17 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Nevermind... the search function kinda sucks but managed to find the answer in the forum through google.

blue.magic
#3 Posted : 7/17/2018 2:24:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

You might pull some free base alkaloids in the naphtha, but I think your yield would be very low.

You need much higher pH than sodium carbonate can provide. Sodium carbonate gives you pH about 10.5 while you need pH over 12.0 to freebase most DMT.

Another issue is that lots of alkaloids are enclosed in plant cells with fatty walls and you need strong aqueous base (e.g. lye) to break down the cell walls and liberate the alkaloids.

This is why we do all the grinding, freeze-thawing, pressure cooking and using strong bases. This is all to break down the plant material as much as possible. If you use mimosa bark, that is BARK - it won't give you the goodies by just soaking it in water Smile

brazilman
#4 Posted : 7/17/2018 2:41:59 AM
DMT-Nexus member

That is basically the answer I found. Some people talked about soaking in vinegar first but still was kind of crap. I also read something about maybe naphta not being good to pull with sodium carbonate, maybe that is bs but I've decided to just do what most people do and just use the lye. I'm a little concerned with how I'll manage to find suitable lye and naphta here. A cursory look at the lye for sale at supermarkets showed other stuff added to it so I'm not sure it can be used. I'm thinking of using Zippo lighterfluid for naphta but I also don't know if the kind they have here is suitable (there is no "ingredient list" in online stores and haven't seen it for sale offline).

Also, my MHRB is a fine powder. Would that make much difference?

blue.magic
#5 Posted : 7/17/2018 5:17:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If you want to go the food-safe route, you can try the Q21Q21 tek that uses lime (calcium hydroxide) and d-limonene (orange oil). Lime is somewhat stronger base and gives good yields too. Many people had success with the tek.

Zippo lighter fluid is one of the best options for naphtha. If you are not sure, do an evaporation test (i.e. pour some on a clean glass and leave it to evaporate - it should not leave any traces behind). The lighter fluid is usually very pure.

Another options are VM&P Naphtha, heptane (Bestine) and several other items depending on what is available in your location.

brazilman wrote:
Also, my MHRB is a fine powder. Would that make much difference?

That's okay, even better.