We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Sub Vinegar for Distilled H20 in Max Ion Options

MachienDome
#1 Posted : 6/23/2018 7:55:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

What would happen if you follow Max Ion but eliminate the distilled water in the Acidification step and substitute vinegar instead (to bring down the pH to as close to 2 as possible)? Am I correct in assuming the distilled vinegar is mostly water anyway? How would this affect yield?
"In this secret room, from the past, I seek the future..."

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

MachienDome
#2 Posted : 7/7/2018 8:32:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Does anyone know? Is the water absolutely necessary or can you just substitute the distilled vinegar instead of using distilled water for the tek?

Pavlovs_Ape
#3 Posted : 7/16/2018 2:00:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It's not necessary, but with weak acids like vinegar you can dilute them quite a lot out actually effecting the pH. Acetic acid is a weak acid, and water is a weak base, so they're not super reactive when you add them together. You end up with a clumpy solution with pockets of acetic acid. Adding more water disperses the pockets, so more reactions happen and the pH stays level. So I think your only adding the water to save on vinegar usage. I'ts been a long time since chem class though, I may be way off base.

downwardsfromzero
#4 Posted : 7/16/2018 2:14:05 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Distilled vinegar is 95% distilled water, I suppose. By not diluting it, it just means there is a bit more acid to be neutralised before freebase DMT is liberated, with a marginally increased amount of base required. This can be determined mathematically.

If your local water supply is not too excessively hard it should be possible to use that instead of distilled water. Dissolved salts should be of relatively little consequence considering salt is added after acidification anyhow. If concerned that magnesium and calcium salts from the water supply would interact adversely with the base, bear in mind that these metal ions are present in plant material already.

So yes, while you can use straight up distilled vinegar you might as well dilute your vinegar somehow. Rainwater will do if you're concerned about hard water and really can't find or produce distilled water.

Producing distilled water is as simple as boiling a saucepan with a lid and collecting the condensation by having the lid slightly askew, although this would be pretty inefficient for large amounts.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

MachienDome
#5 Posted : 8/22/2018 8:36:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I appreciate the input Pavlovs_Ape but I was wondering about not using water at all, just distilled vinegar.

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Distilled vinegar is 95% distilled water, I suppose. By not diluting it, it just means there is a bit more acid to be neutralised before freebase DMT is liberated, with a marginally increased amount of base required. This can be determined mathematically.

Thanks, I would assume so but has anyone tried using substituting vinegar for water in this tek? I cant seem to find anything in the search.