We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Another easy grafting demonstration Options

Wakinyan
#1 Posted : 5/9/2018 11:39:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Grafting made so simple even I can do it. Hope everyone enjoys this short video. The scion is Trichocereus scopulicola x T. terscheckii.Twisted Evil
When I graft you graft we graft

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Mitakuye Oyasin
#2 Posted : 5/10/2018 9:08:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

That elevates grafting to a work of art. Thanks for the link.
Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous.
β€” Terence McKenna

All my posts are hypothetical and for educational/entertainment purposes, and are not an endorsement of said activities. SWIM (a fictional character based on other people) either obtained a license for said activity, did said activity where it is legal to do so, or as in most cases the activity is completely fictional.

Wakinyan
#3 Posted : 5/10/2018 5:36:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Mitakuye Oyasin wrote:
That elevates grafting to a work of art. Thanks for the link.

If you liked that one... here is another short video with a crested variegated pachanoi being grafted.

Mitakuye Oyasin
#4 Posted : 5/10/2018 10:52:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I usually cut all or most of the spines off my cacti before propagating and/or grafting, so I probably could not use this method, but I do find it fascinating and simple.
Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous.
β€” Terence McKenna

All my posts are hypothetical and for educational/entertainment purposes, and are not an endorsement of said activities. SWIM (a fictional character based on other people) either obtained a license for said activity, did said activity where it is legal to do so, or as in most cases the activity is completely fictional.

Wakinyan
#5 Posted : 5/11/2018 2:46:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Mitakuye Oyasin wrote:
I usually cut all or most of the spines off my cacti before propagating and/or grafting, so I probably could not use this method, but I do find it fascinating and simple.

Spines simply make it faster to graft using this method. However, one can simply place the string in a circle around the base of the cacti and then insert the string under the ring each time. Simple enough....Cool

Wakinyan
#6 Posted : 5/11/2018 9:34:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

More grafting... scopulicola x terscheckii scion on 42 the answer to everything stock.

Mitakuye Oyasin
#7 Posted : 6/12/2018 9:23:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Finally starting to plump up a bit.
Mitakuye Oyasin attached the following image(s):
P1010018.JPG (630kb) downloaded 82 time(s).
P1010015.JPG (639kb) downloaded 80 time(s).
β€” Terence McKenna

downwardsfromzero
#8 Posted : 6/12/2018 3:16:41 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Here's some shots of my extant grafting experiments - nothing fancy, just a proof of concept to myself - especially the one with the 1cm slice. These are all 4 or 5 years old at least.
downwardsfromzero attached the following image(s):
IMG_8925.JPG (3,943kb) downloaded 78 time(s).
IMG_8927.JPG (2,375kb) downloaded 74 time(s).
IMG_8930.JPG (3,231kb) downloaded 74 time(s).
IMG_8931.JPG (3,513kb) downloaded 73 time(s).
IMG_8932.JPG (4,045kb) downloaded 74 time(s).
IMG_8934.JPG (3,105kb) downloaded 73 time(s).
IMG_8933.JPG (3,348kb) downloaded 73 time(s).

β€œThere is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Mitakuye Oyasin
#9 Posted : 6/12/2018 9:56:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Very nice downwardsfromzero. Thanks for sharing. How much time has elapsed since you did most of those well grown out grafts?
β€” Terence McKenna

downwardsfromzero
#10 Posted : 7/15/2018 10:11:43 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Mitakuye Oyasin wrote:
Very nice downwardsfromzero. Thanks for sharing. How much time has elapsed since you did most of those well grown out grafts?

Missed this question while busy doing other things.

I think the oldest of the grafts is maybe five or six years. I didn't take notes but could possibly find out by digging through my photo collection.

β€œThere is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli