We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Purifying dmt Options

Aberdolph
#1 Posted : 7/11/2018 8:08:28 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I was able to make my own DMT at home but it came out a little yellow with a little bit of sticky in it.

Can I just redissolve the DMT into naptha and remove the yellow impurities?

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

pastanostra
#2 Posted : 7/11/2018 9:49:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

yeah you can do that, it's called recrystalisation.
With just warm naphta (not hot), it should be ok after 2/3 pass of this (depending of your purity of starting product)

Aberdolph
#3 Posted : 7/11/2018 11:39:08 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Awesome! Thank you so much

Fidelsbeard
#4 Posted : 7/12/2018 12:39:35 AM

The Life You Ordered has Arrived

Yellow is fine, many prefer this Smile

NikkiPotnick1981
#5 Posted : 7/12/2018 10:17:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Aberdolph wrote:
I was able to make my own DMT at home but it came out a little yellow with a little bit of sticky in it.

The method I used for this was to put your dirty dmt in a beaker wth warm naphtha. Swirl it around and mix it up. DMT will become suspended in the naphtha. You'll see the impurities fall to the bottom of the beaker and concentrate in the centre. Then put the beaker in the freezer for an hour. Take out of freezer. The crud and gunk will stick to the bottom of your beaker. After this, pour all naphtha (with dmt) in a clean pyrex, leaving the gunk behind in the beaker. Dispose of this gunk. Put the pyrex back in the freezer and leave it 18-24 hours to freeze and crystalize. Next day pull it out, dump the naphtha out (through a coffee filter to catch suspended DMT), dry out the pyrex and scrape your clean DMT out. I've lost next to no DMT in this cleaning process.

Aberdolph
#6 Posted : 7/12/2018 10:44:45 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Very detailed brother, thank you so much!

fathomlessness
#7 Posted : 7/14/2018 8:05:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

yellow is the bomb, smells and tastes so much more beautiful. Slightly different experience though

downwardsfromzero
#8 Posted : 7/14/2018 11:40:28 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

NikkiPotnick1981 wrote:
Dispose of this gunk.

The orange gunk that separates out using this method has been shown to consist almost entirely of DMT.

Obviously, bark particulates can be disposed of.

β€œThere is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Shenmue.
#9 Posted : 7/14/2018 2:05:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

NikkiPotnick1981 wrote:
Aberdolph wrote:

The method I used for this was to put your dirty dmt in a beaker wth warm naphtha. Swirl it around and mix it up. DMT will become suspended in the naphtha. You'll see the impurities fall to the bottom of the beaker and concentrate in the centre. Then put the beaker in the freezer for an hour. Take out of freezer. The crud and gunk will stick to the bottom of your beaker. After this, pour all naphtha (with dmt) in a clean pyrex, leaving the gunk behind in the beaker. Dispose of this gunk. Put the pyrex back in the freezer and leave it 18-24 hours to freeze and crystalize. Next day pull it out, dump the naphtha out (through a coffee filter to catch suspended DMT), dry out the pyrex and scrape your clean DMT out. I've lost next to no DMT in this cleaning process.

It might not take a hour. It all depends on your freezer settings so make sure you look at it every 10-15min your first time. If you notice you waited to long all you have to do is reheat the beaker and redissolve the dmt and try it again. Make sure you cover the beaker up before you place it in the freezer. Clean dmt is less harsh and smooth to smoke so a Re-x is worth your time in my opinion Smile..

some one
#10 Posted : 7/15/2018 12:39:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

NikkiPotnick1981 wrote:
Aberdolph wrote:

Personally I separate the impurities by decanting while the naphtha is cooling down. I don't place it in a freezer for 1 hour. I don't like using a coffee filters as I'm afraid DMT will get trapped in it as the remaining naphtha in the paper warms up dissolving some DMT. But I never tested it so might be wrong.
some = one | here = some | there = one

benzyme
#11 Posted : 7/15/2018 12:55:26 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

Twisted Evil
benzyme attached the following image(s):
IMG_4785.jpg (1,212kb) downloaded 53 time(s).
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

Shenmue.
#12 Posted : 7/15/2018 1:33:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

some one wrote:
NikkiPotnick1981 wrote:
Aberdolph wrote:

Personally I separate the impurities by decanting while the naphtha is cooling down. I don't place it in a freezer for 1 hour. I don't like using a coffee filters as I'm afraid DMT will get trapped in it as the remaining naphtha in the paper warms up dissolving some DMT. But I never tested it so might be wrong.

I don't use a freezer or coffee filter either lol. But I did the freezer thing when I first started and I had a feeling he was going to do it that way.. Even if you do the freezer thing I wouldn't use a coffee filter..

blue.magic
#13 Posted : 7/15/2018 4:19:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Many people like the yellow DMT more.

After re-x, I have even smoked the brown oily residue and it was fully active and pleasant Smile So don't throw that out.

Recrystallization is very easy though you need to get hand of it. I do several pulls to get most DMT from the material. Then saturate the solution by evaporation and the freeze-precipitate.

It is also possible to put crystals in a coffee filter and wash with ice cold 10% ammonia solution, this effectively removes some discoloration, but this is nasty stuff and the vapours are toxic too.

NikkiPotnick1981
#14 Posted : 7/15/2018 8:08:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I agree the off white, yellow or even orangee colours are fine and offer a pleasant experince. However, I think the OP was trying to clean the base material that was accidentally pulled with his ext. Nothing about the base material is pleasant, as it is drenched in lye. Shocked