We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Dysfunctional families and psychedelics Options

#1 Posted : 6/9/2018 9:51:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

My familiar background is one of alcoholism, neglect and emotional withering.

I did pretty well anyway, and maybe my compassionate side got so well developed because of that.

And now I understand, why I never wanted a family of my own: I want to spare them all of this.

But now, my nieces and nephews go through the same hell as my brothers and me.

Has anyone of you effectively helped others in dysfunctional families?

Would dosing them with MDMA help? Or could it make things worse?

Is this all a trick of the ego and am I egoistic in a especially well hidden way?

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

dragonrider
#2 Posted : 6/9/2018 11:05:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think my family was pretty disfunctional as well. But i can't answer your questions. I don't think anybody can.

Almost any family is dysfunctional to at least a certain extent. The main difference between people, when it comes to these kind of things, is the ability or willingness to accept our shortcomings. The willingness to face ourselves and our emotional scars, and to deal with them.

DmnStr8
#3 Posted : 6/10/2018 4:41:02 AM

Come what may

Tough scenario! Good luck!
"In the universe there is an immeasurable, indescribable force which shamans call intent, and absolutely everything that exists in the entire cosmos is attached to intent by a connecting link." ~Carlos Castaneda

Tara123
#4 Posted : 7/14/2018 10:40:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I can relate to this. My family is a bit fucked up and yes its really hard seeing this being passed down to nieces and nephews. My dad is currently trying to get off alcohol (after a 40+ year dependency, marriage breakdown, homelessness, several suicide attempts etc). He's doing really well actually, but has relapsed several times recently so I offered to facilitate him micro-dosing psilocybin (which I only just got into myself). He's a bit sceptical about it but he's a pretty open minded guy so he's giving it a go. We're only a week in so obviously no miraculous results but he does seem a bit chirpier. I'm not expecting miracles but I figure its worth a try as long as people are comfortable doing it.

I was unsure of whether this was the right thing to do as I am only a newbie myself but I guess time will tell if I'm an idiot or not Rolling eyes Very happy

Ultimately everyone is responsible for themselves and I think working on ourselves is the best thing we can do for our family.

#5 Posted : 7/14/2018 11:01:21 AM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

Tara123 wrote:
I can relate to this. My family is a bit fucked up and yes its really hard seeing this being passed down to nieces and nephews. My dad is currently trying to get off alcohol (after a 40+ year dependency, marriage breakdown, homelessness, several suicide attempts etc). He's doing really well actually, but has relapsed several times recently so I offered to facilitate him micro-dosing psilocybin (which I only just got into myself). He's a bit sceptical about it but he's a pretty open minded guy so he's giving it a go. We're only a week in so obviously no miraculous results but he does seem a bit chirpier. I'm not expecting miracles but I figure its worth a try as long as people are comfortable doing it.

I was unsure of whether this was the right thing to do as I am only a newbie myself but I guess time will tell if I'm an idiot or not Rolling eyes Very happy

Ultimately everyone is responsible for themselves and I think working on ourselves is the best thing we can do for our family.

You said it Thumbs up