We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Is this a sign of unbalanced brain chemistry? Options

Northerner
#1 Posted : 6/30/2018 12:00:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Sounds like you are getting the warning signs.

People who have not truly experienced true physical depression commonly have a misunderstanding of what it is. It is not feeling down, it is not feeling miserable. It's not something you can just "cheer up" from because you don't even really feel bad. It's just nothing. It's a lack of feeling. A lack of joy or interest in anything, apathy.

I know this because I've experienced it several times during my life.

How I overcame it was by remaining sober and eating good food, trying to get exercise as much as possible. But the most important thing was just avoiding substances that effect my serotonin levels. It takes me a long time to come right, maybe a few months or more, but I do come right and it all goes back to normal.

If you keep pushing trying to medicate it out of you you will just make it worse.

Be kind to yourself brother.
The nearest we ever come to knowing truth is when we are witness to paradox.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

CEVISI
#2 Posted : 6/30/2018 12:52:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Pls stop consuming any substance that has nothing lost in your body, start eating healthy and do some sports. I get the same feelings as you in a depressiv part of my life nothing has normal effects so i quit drugs for a year and everthing works normal now.

You just do this stuff too long too much so pls quit for a long time and everthing turns normal

DmnStr8
#3 Posted : 6/30/2018 6:41:53 AM

Come what may

This is a opportunity for positive change in your life! Take it and run with it. If you feel nothing, go with that. Accept it and rebuild yourself as you want.

You can find joy if you allow it. It is not some unobtainable thing. It is right in front of you at anytime. Contentment is a choice. Joy is a choice. All of your life is a choice. So choose... do you want to keep living in the way you are presently or do you strive for something more? It sounds to me that you want better for yourself, which is an clear indication that you do feel something. You want better for yourself because you love yourself. Go with that.

You can change anytime. You can become any kind of person you want to be. If you want love, then give love. If you want contentment, then give contentment. If you want to feel something, then do something that makes you feel.

You crave relief? Accept that you crave relief... start focusing on that. Think about what you can do to create that in your life. I don't think anyone can provide that answer for you except yourself.

Sounds like an opportunity to me! I hope you can start to see it that way as well and find a spark in your life again. The fire is not out. Just blow on the embers and it will reignite. You have to begin a new way of thinking enable to create real change in your life.

I hope the best for you!
"In the universe there is an immeasurable, indescribable force which shamans call intent, and absolutely everything that exists in the entire cosmos is attached to intent by a connecting link." ~Carlos Castaneda

null24
#4 Posted : 7/3/2018 8:23:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

IME both being and working with drug addicts, typically, experiencing confounding effects from drugs IS signof developing addiction. I'm not going to should all over you, that accomplishes nothing, but do feel from the content of your recent posts that you may want to take a deep look at what you're doing for your owncontinued well being.

Taking drugs for no other reason than the day ends in 'y' (half a tab of x on Tuesday? What do you do for a living that allows you to be able to do that?) can only lead to suffering. Poly drug addiction isn't a joke. You sound young and are mirroring some of the things i said and felt before embarking on a 25 year painful odyssey of addiction.

It's not fun, or cool. If you survive, you may be able to teach others how to not do what you did. If that sounds good to you...
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

goddard
#5 Posted : 7/5/2018 1:35:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

DmnStr8 wrote:
This is a opportunity for positive change in your life! Take it and run with it. If you feel nothing, go with that. Accept it and rebuild yourself as you want.

You can find joy if you allow it. It is not some unobtainable thing. It is right in front of you at anytime. Contentment is a choice. Joy is a choice. All of your life is a choice. So choose... do you want to keep living in the way you are presently or do you strive for something more? It sounds to me that you want better for yourself, which is an clear indication that you do feel something. You want better for yourself because you love yourself. Go with that.

You can change anytime. You can become any kind of person you want to be. If you want love, then give love. If you want contentment, then give contentment. If you want to feel something, then do something that makes you feel.

You crave relief? Accept that you crave relief... start focusing on that. Think about what you can do to create that in your life. I don't think anyone can provide that answer for you except yourself.

Sounds like an opportunity to me! I hope you can start to see it that way as well and find a spark in your life again. The fire is not out. Just blow on the embers and it will reignite. You have to begin a new way of thinking enable to create real change in your life.

I hope the best for you!

This really helped me, thnx man

I was feeling numb down and apathic about my life and u just showed me the way out.. Thnx
“Close your eyes and let the mind expand. Let no fear of death or darkness arrest its course. Allow the mind to merge with Mind. Let it flow out upon the great curve of consciousness. Let it soar on the wings of the great bird of duration, up to the very Circle of Eternity.”
― Hermes Trismegistus

skoobysnax
#6 Posted : 7/6/2018 5:49:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

null24 wrote:
IME both being and working with drug addicts, typically, experiencing confounding effects from drugs IS signof developing addiction. I'm not going to should all over you, that accomplishes nothing, but do feel from the content of your recent posts that you may want to take a deep look at what you're doing for your owncontinued well being.

Taking drugs for no other reason than the day ends in 'y' (half a tab of x on Tuesday? What do you do for a living that allows you to be able to do that?) can only lead to suffering. Poly drug addiction isn't a joke. You sound young and are mirroring some of the things i said and felt before embarking on a 25 year painful odyssey of addiction.

It's not fun, or cool. If you survive, you may be able to teach others how to not do what you did. If that sounds good to you...

Listen to Null24. I also work with addicts and the road is ugly, hard and full of death (inner and outer). The end result if not death is the loss of ones free will and ability to make any decision that doesn't revolve around drugs. For me it took a 12 step program and continuing to work with those addicted. Today i am deeply involved in Yoga and teaching the practices to others. When I work with entheogens it isn't about getting high and as an addict I have to remain vigilant that my intentions are very clear. IMHO these tools are much more productive when I keep it as a ritual that is not frequent and take the time to digest what I take in, Like months apart these days. There are practices in Yoga that activate powerful processes in me that seem to take precedent these day. If you have a place that teaches hatha or Kundalini near you try taking a break and diving in. Kundalini does amazing things for my brain circuitry and there are kriyas designed to heal drug damage.
Marijuana, LSD, psilocybin, and DMT they all changed the way I see
But love's the only thing that ever saved my life - Sturgill Simpson "Turtles all the Way Down"

Why am I here?

DmnStr8
#7 Posted : 7/6/2018 7:26:52 PM

Come what may

goddard wrote:
This really helped me, thnx man

I was feeling numb down and apathic about my life and u just showed me the way out.. Thnx

I am glad something I said helped someone. That makes me feel good!

Peace!
"In the universe there is an immeasurable, indescribable force which shamans call intent, and absolutely everything that exists in the entire cosmos is attached to intent by a connecting link." ~Carlos Castaneda

justB612
#8 Posted : 7/6/2018 8:19:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Try also to remember, brain and body are actually one when it comes to physiology. Lots and lots of stuff affects one another inside of us.

Try doing the wim hof method once, see how you react to it, most of the cases it relieves pressure and helps a ton Smile
A second chance? Huh... I thought I was on my fifth.

Intezam
#9 Posted : 7/7/2018 12:05:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

is this your real picture.Wow you HAVE lost a lot of weight...please stop* ....fasting is a strong psychedelic it has the capacity to cancel out some of the otheres and it can do harm too

* if you are stll fasting switch to half fasts e.g. fast during days only with compulsory meal before sunrise and after sunset but even that should only be practiced for limited time and avoidthe kikker saland as there are compabilty issues