We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
In need of a good method for full mescaline extraction Options

Tropical
#1 Posted : 6/9/2010 3:07:57 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

SnozzleBerry
#2 Posted : 6/9/2010 4:56:57 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

Read through the cacti section, there are teks from community members, links to outside teks, and a ton of information. As this is your project, the onus is on you to do the research. Read through the cacti forum and see what is there that suits your needs. Here, to get you started I grabbed the link for Phlux's Mescaline Extraction

peace
SB
Wiki โ€ข Attitude โ€ข FAQ
The Nexian โ€ข Nexus Research โ€ข The OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
ื’ื ื–ื” ื™ืขื‘ื•ืจ

Tropical
#3 Posted : 6/9/2010 7:43:35 PM
DMT-Nexus member

69ron
#4 Posted : 6/9/2010 7:52:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Kada wrote:
a question i cant understand though is when cleaning the hcl with acetone/mek method, people seem to say that there is some mescaline loss. because my aim is to find percentages, this is a rather large problem. is there an easy way around this or is it a game of cat and mouse with the diff alkaloids until you finally whittle it down to almost pure?

Pretty much every cleanup step that is known will cause a loss in yield. Recrystallization reduces yield, washing reduces yield, double A/B extractions reduce yield, etc. This is true for nearly all compounds. There's little you can do to avoid that.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

Tropical
#5 Posted : 6/9/2010 8:36:43 PM
DMT-Nexus member

SnozzleBerry
#6 Posted : 6/9/2010 8:50:36 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

For your first question, here's a place to start, Erowid's Mescaline Dose Information this shows at least two salts and their comparative weights. It shouldn't be hard to find more info by doing a simple google search.

As to your second question, it'd be possible to pull other alks, as with limo extraction on T. Peruvianus, but if you follow the cleaning/washing/re-xtal procedures I'd imagine you should wind up with just mescaline, if there was any in that species of cactus. I'm not 100% sure on this, it's just my thoughts, but someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

peace
SB
Wiki โ€ข Attitude โ€ข FAQ
The Nexian โ€ข Nexus Research โ€ข The OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
ื’ื ื–ื” ื™ืขื‘ื•ืจ

burnt
#7 Posted : 6/10/2010 8:40:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

If you want quantitative or qualitative data on what cacti contain what levels of what alkaloids bulk extraction is NOT the way to go. There are too many chances for error.

If you want to screen cacti use a simple extraction procedure and compare with TLC or some other chromatographic method SWIY has access too. There is publications in the literature for screening cacti with various methods. Many are outdated though I have not looked into recent papers on this topic. Maybe someone has developed a simple but modern TLC method.

Chloroform extracts a wide range of cactus alkaloids. SWIM has noticed that after removing all the mescaline + some impurities with HCl a bunch of different alkaloids remain in the chloroform layer. So if you want total alkaloid levels your not going to get them by making HCl crystals. Also acetone and IPA clean ups do remove some mescaline as we as major impurities in HCl extracts.

Tropical
#8 Posted : 6/10/2010 6:36:26 PM
DMT-Nexus member

grollum
#9 Posted : 7/5/2018 10:06:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member