We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Poll Question : Should the nexus have a sub category for meditation?
Choice Votes Statistics
Yes 41 91 %
No 2 4 %
Neutral 2 4 %

PREV12
Meditation Poll Options

DmnStr8
#21 Posted : 11/20/2016 6:07:52 PM

Come what may

There is an OFFICIAL binaural beats thread. Cause binaural beats needs it's own sticky. Just hear about it all the time. Razz

Whatever.
"In the universe there is an immeasurable, indescribable force which shamans call intent, and absolutely everything that exists in the entire cosmos is attached to intent by a connecting link." ~Carlos Castaneda

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

#22 Posted : 11/20/2016 6:14:22 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

DmnStr8 wrote:
I would like to see a meditation sub category. My meditation and psychedelic use go hand in hand. I have seen many people mention meditation on the nexus. I feel like a permanent thread set up for meditation could provide a place for us to discuss all the benefits, history, and techniques of meditation.

Doesn't much matter to me where the category is placed but I would think 'Methods of Exploring Consciousness' would be an appropriate place for the topic.

What do you think?

I say it's a good idea. Kind of fell off from doing breath meditation over this past year, but I still have a bit of knowledge there and the various layers i've passed through and/or became aware of. I think it's a good idea for a sub category. Smile

Old Crow
#23 Posted : 11/20/2016 8:04:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

That space between thoughts is user friendly.Smile

TGO
#24 Posted : 11/20/2016 10:55:04 PM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

I can dig it!

Thumbs up
New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

Espurrr
#25 Posted : 10/15/2017 9:49:15 PM

yes
make it happen
kikker summon dreamer042

obliguhl
#26 Posted : 10/16/2017 8:04:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

No, as there are not enough threads to warrant that. This subforum, that encompasses all non drug related consaciousness techniques is small as it is.

Swayambhu
#27 Posted : 10/16/2017 11:01:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've been meditating for decades and am still completely shit at it.
I'd love to hear and share others' thoughts on this starnge kingdom of practices, especially in the light of psychedelic use.

antichode
#28 Posted : 7/3/2018 6:47:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Start a meditation thread... Then all of a sudden the conversations stop 🤣

DmnStr8
#29 Posted : 7/3/2018 1:14:33 PM

Come what may

Well.. it's not an OFFICIAL sticky meditation thread as I was wanting to see but I did start a thread here ->https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=73130

I still think that there should be an official meditation thread. Psychedelics and meditation are great allies. Meditation is a great tool that can assist in psychedelic journeys.

The powers that be must not be into it. I see there is 92% for yes. And yet there is a sticky for binaural beats. I don't get it and never will. Many people mention meditation in experiences reports and also integration. It really does deserve a sticky. Perhaps if someone like Vovin started it, it would become a sticky?
"In the universe there is an immeasurable, indescribable force which shamans call intent, and absolutely everything that exists in the entire cosmos is attached to intent by a connecting link." ~Carlos Castaneda

thymamai
#30 Posted : 7/4/2018 12:04:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

ducdevil has my attention.

I've been thinking about yoga a lot. I bought a tomb-sized book on hatha yoga eight years ago, thinking I was going to dip into that then.. But I had a lot of other things to work out first, as it happened, and forgot the whole thing entirely for many years.

Until now.

I quit smoking a year ago last month. My main inspiration to quit came from a couple years prior to that when I took up boxing and found that I would get winded quicker than any of the kids who were taking the same class. I'd lost in a match against this highschool kid who was roughly my size and weight, because I was so winded 2 mins in I could barely keep track of his throws. My breathing is no longer as shallow as it was.

I am also drinking a lot less alcohol than I used to. Three years ago I would burn through 60-100 bucks a week, drinking heavily almost every night. Seems like every other day I'd show up to work out of my mind with poor sleep and hung over. The main difference now being that I don't feel nearly as compelled to get drunk in my spare time as I used to feel, and I am also seriously considering taking a real break [more than a couple of months] from it.

I feel this.. anticipation. I've been thinking about yoga, in particular. Which goes hand in hand with serious meditation.

There's a possibility I will be looking into retreats in the near future.

I want to thrive.. and I ache with every bone in my body for peace and quiet.

[edited]

Wakinyan
#31 Posted : 7/4/2018 12:23:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

What is the difference between meditation with pejuta and prayer with pejuta? For me, I think of any purposeful ritual or ceremony as having an affect on the experience.

For me, focusing my awareness on the internal or the external in a way that puts more focus on the simple awareness of the situation or experience that is unfolding both within my own consciousness and the experience that is unfolding outside but measured through the looking glass of my mind is something that I find definitely influences an experience with pejuta in a positive light.

Or, one may go on auto pilot and simply become a participant that is pulled along for the ride and where that ride takes you no one knows.... when the reality of the setting is such that it may change at any moment or any whim and the participants own thoughts are fleeting and not directed toward any one stated purpose or goal and things come as they are.... for me this later look may provide some insight as well, but even then I think a bit of structure is needed in that one may not want ones setting to be a jail cell or the back of a police car so it might very well be important to choose who one is going to be associating with and how perhaps even still having someone along who may act as a guide of sorts when one expects to go on a particularly deep adventure....
When I graft you graft we graft

grollum
#32 Posted : 7/4/2018 5:48:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I once read a book about zen koans. In the beginning there was one sentence which i can not remember exactly but it was something like that:

Stop reading this book and meditate!

I did Pleased and since then often thought about this sentence. I got lost in so many texts about meditation and finally realized that meditation is a such pretty simple thing which can be basically taught in some sentences but to learn it you have to do it. Again and again.

So for me reading about meditation is often wasted time since I could meditate in this time.
So instead a thread for meditation I would love to have something like a digital meditation hall or a shrine which is somehow bollocks Pleased

Simply_Me
#33 Posted : 7/5/2018 1:23:13 AM

Live the Life you Love

This is from the Muse headband which monitors brainwaves during meditation. On the left, Friday night. is a normal Friday night meditation. Saturday night is 5 hours after my first 5-MEO-DMT session. I found it interesting how easily I was able to calm my mind and focus after such a heavy session.
Simply_Me attached the following image(s):
After-before.JPG.png (429kb) downloaded 47 time(s).
I realize that no one book, one person, or even one ideology will have all the answers. I believe my job is to remain open yet discriminating. My intuition helps me discern truth, and wisdom helps me identify malicious intentions.

Simply_Me
#34 Posted : 7/5/2018 1:28:16 AM

Live the Life you Love

This is the only one I have of me trying to meditate during a DMT session, NOT 5-MEO, N,N-DMT
Simply_Me attached the following image(s):
IMG_0769.PNG (105kb) downloaded 44 time(s).
I realize that no one book, one person, or even one ideology will have all the answers. I believe my job is to remain open yet discriminating. My intuition helps me discern truth, and wisdom helps me identify malicious intentions.

DmnStr8
#35 Posted : 7/5/2018 5:24:28 AM

Come what may

Very interesting readings there Simply Me! A very worthwhile experiment to be sure!

I might have to look into this and try it for myself. I am intrigued.

PREV12