We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Medicinal Mushrooms Options

RhythmSpring
#1 Posted : 7/3/2018 8:27:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Is there anything that a medicinal mushroom can do that a psilocybe cubensis mushroom definitely can't?

When I think about it, the physical and psychological benefits of a decent psilocybe trip look like all the benefits of medicinal mushrooms.
From the unspoken
Grows the once broken

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Doc Buxin
#2 Posted : 7/4/2018 12:09:38 AM

Pay No Mind

Perhaps.

This is an intriguing question RhythmSpring.

A handful of the most-researched medicinal mushrooms, such as Ganoderma lucidum (or "Reishi" or "Ling Zhi" ), Lentinula edodes ("Shiitake" or "Xiang Gu" ), Grifola frondosa ("Maitake" ), and Cordyceps sinensis ("Dong Chong Xia Cao" ) for example, have been shown in many scientific studies (mostly all in Japan) to mitigate the side effects of chemotherapy and radiation therapy without interfering with the therapies themselves. During some particular studies some tumor shrinking actions were observed also.

It would be very interesting if somebody did some serious research into this with Psilocybe species. The Japanese take their mushroom research so seriously that there is not an oncology department in Japan that doesn't have medicinal mushroom extracts on hand at all times (at least of the species that I previously listed above).

Furthermore, I don't know if anybody knows whether any Psilocybe (or related) species actually tonifies Kidney Yang while simultaneously tonifying Lung Yin over time like Cordyceps does. I don't think anyone really knows whether any Psilocybe species increases micro-circulation like Reishi does over time. These are just some of the many examples of why your question is such a good question to ask.

One reason that I can think of to say that no, Psilocybe (or related) species could not do these things that some of the other medicinal mushrooms can do because most of the benefits of other medicinal mushrooms come from ingesting grams of the mushroom extracts every day over extended periods of time (minimum 90 days).

Now, I suppose someone could try that with a psychedelic species of mushroom but I don't know how well the experiment would turn out. The most I've ever consumed over a period of 90 days was varying doses ranging between 3-10 grams of Golden Teachers every other day for about 20 days straight, every other day. On alternating days dosing with multiple doses of 250 mcg tabs of LSD tabs (sometimes 1, sometimes 2, 3, 4, etc.). It was one of those crazy young-people-who-are-good-tripping-buddies-group thing; we wanted to see how long we could keep constantly tripping together. I think over that period of time we hiked a total of about 30 miles through the surrounding woods, smoked about an entire pound of Cannabis between the seven of us and watched the Beatles Yellow Submarine movie like 25 times! LOL! Those were the days! Anyway, I digress...

Perhaps microdosing could bring some same benefits? Who knows at this point...

I believe that this could be the basis of some seriously cool research RhythmSpring. Thank you for posing the question!

I'll be interested to see what anyone else here on the forum has to say about this.

Freedom's so hard
When we are all bound by laws
Etched in the scheme of nature's own hand
Unseen by all those who fail
In their pursuit of fate