We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
plans by the FBI to begin mass hacking, data imaging and malware planting Options

skoobysnax
#1 Posted : 9/18/2016 7:49:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This is from the Tor blog about upcoming legislation. I just want our good people to be aware of this. This targets users of Tor I2P and VPNs just for using these privacy tools in the first place as if it is an automatic sign of criminal activity. https://blog.torproject....-plan-begin-mass-hacking
Marijuana, LSD, psilocybin, and DMT they all changed the way I see
But love's the only thing that ever saved my life - Sturgill Simpson "Turtles all the Way Down"

Why am I here?

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

1ce
#2 Posted : 9/19/2016 12:57:59 AM

Communications-Security Analyst

Never used tr, I2P was nce. SSH tunneling amd flash stuffimg have always made the former two obsolete though. You don't need to route your traffic all over the planet if your outproxy sees enough traffic in a day.

Jees
#3 Posted : 9/19/2016 9:11:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
...The broad search warrants allowable under these new rules will apply to people using Tor in any country...
So the USA wants to formalize to hack any computer in the world. Like in "lets make it official" Laughing Thumbs down

MachienDome
#4 Posted : 6/23/2018 9:14:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

"To begin" is code for "our cases keep getting thrown out of court because we were found to have broken the law."

It's strange how quickly their their supposed integrity, morals and values are cast aside when theres something out there we want. Almost seems like an organized criminal enterprise.
"In this secret room, from the past, I seek the future..."

obliguhl
#5 Posted : 6/23/2018 10:50:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
The FBI will be permitted to hack into a person’s computer or phone remotely and to search through and remove their data. The FBI will be able to introduce malware into computers. It will create vulnerabilities that will leave users exposed.

This is already 100% legal in Germany.
There is now even talk about giving police the power to break into homes so they can more easily plant their spy software.

downwardsfromzero
#6 Posted : 6/23/2018 9:09:06 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Quote:
Almost seems like an organized criminal enterprise.

That's because it is.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

thymamai
#7 Posted : 6/24/2018 3:03:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Not a surprise at all. Its already a huge risk if you dont use it properly... FBI will connect dots if they find any reason whatsoever to watch your activity. Never use tor from home. Dont use the same email when you do or browse the usual sites that you do elsewhere. Be quick and try to plan ahead of time what you will be doing with it to minimize connection time. Basically just dont browse with tor liberally or cross contaminate browsing traffic if you intend to really utilize it as a security measure. And really, its best to just not use the internet period, to the extent that it is feasible.

DmnStr8
#8 Posted : 6/30/2018 3:59:59 PM

Come what may

If they are planning, they are already doing more than likely.

"In the universe there is an immeasurable, indescribable force which shamans call intent, and absolutely everything that exists in the entire cosmos is attached to intent by a connecting link." ~Carlos Castaneda

concombres
#9 Posted : 6/30/2018 4:58:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

DmnStr8 wrote:
If they are planning, they are already doing more than likely.

The article from the OP was written in 2016. They are already doing it. They probably were before it was legal. The only difference is now they can admit it & use evidence obtained this way directly in court rather than doing things like finding other illegal activities a target is involved in & using that as a way to prosecute because the initial evidence was found illegally & would not hold up in court.

I watched two well known rc vendors in the reddit community get mysteriously "hacked" days before being raided less than a year ago now & you can bet that it was part of the year long + investigations into those individuals detailed in their publicly available court documents.

Edit: and another one this week. RIP novel lysergamides.