We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Change in music taste after Dmt. Options

Hendrix87
#1 Posted : 6/25/2018 8:20:17 AM

Words keep flowing out like endless rain into a paper cup they slither lightly as they make their way across the universe....Pools of sorrow waves of joy keep drifting through my open mind inciting and inviting me....limitless undying love that shines aro

I'm not sure if this is common or not, But i have a friend who is in his 50s who tried dmt a few years ago, And he claims that after his experience, For whatever reason, He became a huge fan of rap and hip and hop and began writing books of his own short stories and poems and drawings and raps lol.

My friend is a guy from a bikie club who loved heavy metal music all his life and absolutely hated music styles like rap and hip hop.

After trying dmt, My good friend seems to have unlocked his creative side in multiple ways, Most obvious is his taste in music and his new love of writing his own short stories and poems and raps.

He first tried dmt about 8 years ago, It was given to him like it was a party drug, He didn't know what type of drug it was or what the experience would be like, But luckily he had a good experience.

I actually knew him at the time, And on the very same night he tried dmt, Later on that night he heard some hip hop music and instead of hating it like he normally would he fell in love with it.

So I'm curious is if anyone else has had experiences where dmt has opened up their creative side in their day to day life ??

My friend literally has boxes full of note books that are filled with all kinds of short stories and poems, And they're actually pretty good. I've asked him what he's hoping to achieve by doing it, Like does he one day want to get any of his stories or poems published or is he hoping to be an amateur rapper or something as a hobby. And he says no, He just loves creating stuff and opening up that side of himself now.

So has anyone else had any changes like that after taking dmt ?? I'm talking long term effects that seemingly change your taste in music or movies or art in general and if it's made you a more creative person overall.

Cheers.
Watching the wheels - John Lennon.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Hendrix87
#2 Posted : 6/25/2018 8:21:03 PM

Words keep flowing out like endless rain into a paper cup they slither lightly as they make their way across the universe....Pools of sorrow waves of joy keep drifting through my open mind inciting and inviting me....limitless undying love that shines aro

That's awesome man. As children we are all full of imagination and creativity, But as we get older society tries to stamp out and ruin the creative imagination side that we all have.

And it's cool that you sing, I've been playing electric guitar since i was about 13, I'm 31 now. I wonder if bands like the beatles or jimi hendrix ever tried dmt. If not then they were definitely inspired by some other drug to be so creative and imaginative lol.

So what kind of music do you like ?? I love the beatles and jimi hendrix and nirvana, I love alt rock but can appreciate good songs no matter what genre it is in. Smile

Hendrix87
#3 Posted : 6/25/2018 8:21:21 PM

That's awesome man. As children we are all full of imagination and creativity, But as we get older society tries to stamp out and ruin the creative imagination side that we all have.

And it's cool that you sing, I've been playing electric guitar since i was about 13, I'm 31 now. I wonder if bands like the beatles or jimi hendrix ever tried dmt. If not then they were definitely inspired by some other drug to be so creative and imaginative lol.

So what kind of music do you like ?? I love the beatles and jimi hendrix and nirvana, I love alt rock but can appreciate good songs no matter what genre it is in. Smile

Genome
#4 Posted : 7/5/2018 2:03:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

What an interesting account of events!
I definitely understand how DMT might have affected him in that way. Personally, it has made me automatically do creative and productive (as well as healthy and uplifting) actions throughout my daily life. Of course, I feel this must be done in symbiosis with will-power (the engine to start it up), and tools such as semen retention (to catalyze and empower yourself) which eventually transmute discipline into a fun, positive routine.
With these things, you can do anything and resch the higher ranks of human experience.

DMT has definitely opened up my creativity and appreciation for the visual exlerience in amazing ways.

Hendrix87, Is that an elaborate joke using pretend naïveté? Very happy Your comment made me chuckle. (In a good way)
Hendrix and The Beatles were well known to use LSD and that definitely played a big part in the making of their music.

Wolfnippletip
#5 Posted : 7/5/2018 3:04:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Your friend's story resonates with me. I'm mid-50's and grew up on Punk, Metal, Prog Rock, Hard Rock and Avant-Garde Rock. I did lots of drugs and psychedelics as a teenager then took a 3 decade break from psychedelics. On the night I tried cactus tea for the first time I Youtubed "Psychedelic" and discovered Shpongle. It was a revelation and now Psychill, Psybient etc. figures prominently in my playlists.

Later, while revisiting LSD (1p) for the first time in 37 years I happened upon Reggae, which I kinda liked but never sought out. Turns out Reggae + LSD = Magic. Wife and I even flew out to a Reggae show recently and had the most fun I've ever had on LSD there. Very happy
My flesh moves, like liquid. My mind is cut loose.

AikyO
#6 Posted : 7/5/2018 5:08:00 PM

Neō KyK ĖntheŌnaut

It's just nice that he opened to this music. Sometime we are a bit stubborn, or there is 'this' object in a room we really don't like for no reason. Truth is we like anything because we can be anything, when we don't want to be something we don't like it, we exclude it out of friendship circle. It's very childish in a way.

So maybe getting his ego dissolved a but lossened the grip he had on it and what he liked, how he saw himself or what he wanted to fit in. His personal mythos. This can happen with taste and many things too, sex is one of them, religion and belief system another. In the end all movements of the wave. And the wave is curlinnnnnnnnnnng ... to a circle.

Like this smile : Smile
安心精神芝簡単吸収前進
'''.'''''...'''''''..'~>\\\*'*¤@¤-.*;,^/ò°ò\^,,;*.-¤@¤*'*///<~'..'''''''...'''''.'''
*/(°_-_-_-_-_-_-,-:_:°_°::.:..((<u><u><u><u><u><vvv><vvv><vv><vvv>((",°^°FFF[[[--°°°___<<<```///---_°°°<<`_`_`°o°o°O°O°.°-)-(-°..°o.)°..O))°°(O°;';;'';;;''<°<°<<°°°<°°°<<<°°__-_---___---_°_°°___°°--°°_---____/__//___//__///__/_///_/_///_//o°oo°°oo°°oo°oo°°°ooo°o°o°o°o°o°°o°o°o^°^°^^°^°^°^°,,-.'''..--''__--```((-°-),-.-,,((),)(),)
.°o;;;^`^_<<<8>>>_^`^,,,O.°

Hendrix87
#7 Posted : 7/7/2018 4:55:40 PM

Well said AikyO. And dude i absolutely love your profile pic. Where's it from? Smile