We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
To eat, or not to eat? Options

null24
#1 Posted : 6/22/2018 1:54:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

I've heard an argument lately on whether or not it is good advice to eat before tripping DMT. Personality, i wouldn't in a million years smoalk on an empty stomach, even with harmalas, but I'm hypoglycemic. Marijuana can easily trigger a LBS episode and I've passed out a few times where i think i would've been okay if not stoned.

On the other hand i heard an argument having to do with serotonin that i didn't quite grok that advised smoalking FB DMT on am empty stomach. It wasn't because of nausea, this person seemed to be saying something about the empty stomach affecting serotonin somehow that favorably influenced DMT.

Sorry that is so vague, it was at a discussion group awhile ago.

What are your thoughts? And I'd rather keep the information in this thread reenac relevant to vaping freebase n, DMT with or without MAOIs, but not oral routes. Thanks, for the sake of custod curiosity. It would be nice to have a better consensus.

Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

CatPharm
#2 Posted : 6/22/2018 3:27:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Well, i may not be frequent of enough of a smoker to provide much info, but ill try to add something. Most of my experiences are later at night, due to my work schedule. I consider myself a fairly active and semi fit person and consume roughly 2500 to 3500 calories daily. As far as sources go, everything really....staples are chicken and veggies, mainly asparagus, spinach, broccoli. Eggs and cheese also staples.
Ok, before this turns into my eating regimen, lemme get on with it. If its only dmt, no maoi, ive found no reason to not eat or to fast through part of the day. Ive yet to experience any nausea or headaches or any other uncomfortabilities to make me do otherwise.
As for with maoi, if its later in the night after a full day of eating, i end up with very nagging headaches that last well into the next day. Being that im only a 2 or 3 time a month smoker, i just deal with it. Lately ive been smoking on my vacation days i take from work. Earlier in the day, not as many calories taken in, so i dont mind waiting until afterwards to eat. I avoid the headaches and im still able to take the rest of the day to fill the calories............win win, if only theyd just give me more vacation days now😁😁😁

tseuq
#3 Posted : 6/22/2018 8:24:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

From my experience I can say; "Who wants to fly high has to fast.", especially with the long lasting agents. If possible, I try to have a 4-6hrs break (mushie and cactus) between my last meal and the trip, when smoalking DMT fb or changa I try to have my last meal around 2h in advance.

Better have a smoothie (vegg. and fruit mix) or some nuts and fresh and dried fruits, which were avoided by some fellows when working with MAOI, in the time before the take off instead of a full meal. I find the feeling of being stuffed pretty dominant and my body is busy with processing the food, this is definitely the time for a siesta.

There is time to eat, time to rest, time to fly and time to clean the toilet.

It is not always possible to do it like this and sometimes I find myself flying pretty stuffed while cleaning the toilet, but I try to keep myself close to my "best pratice".

tseuq
Everything's sooo peyote-ful..

strtman
#4 Posted : 6/22/2018 5:52:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Before smoking changa or free base DMT I skip all food for about 4 to 6 hours. Doing so makes inhalation a lot easier as with an ‘empty’ stomach you can inhale much deeper and keep it in much longer.

By the way, my best trips so far have been the ones done in the early morning hours, a short time after getting up. This means that I did not eat for at last 10 hours.

Quiet the mind and the soul will speak

Doc Buxin
#5 Posted : 6/25/2018 6:28:49 AM

Pay No Mind

Good answers so far...

And tseuq, I love you Love Love Love

With that out of the way, I come from an adult lifetime of fasting background, so generally, much like strtman and tseuq mentioned above, I usually will go without food for at least 4-6 hours before launching any kind of vaped DMT trip. The key word here being "generally".

That being said, this is a fascinating subject to me null and I am grateful that you brought it up (yet another reason why I love you so much too!Love Love Love ! )

I have never heard of the whole serotonin-DMT-vaping-fasting connection, but it makes me wonder if it doesn't have something to do with the relatively newly established scientific theory that all of our so-far-known neurotransmitters are actually produced in the gut and not the brain itself even though the brain is the particular organ that we mostly associate their actions with.

Argh, I'd like to write a lot more on this but it's getting late here and all I have is my phone for internet on the homestead, so it'll have to wait until tomorrow when I can get to the office and can get on with my laptop.

Until then kind folks, I bid you a wonderful evening/whatever-the-hell-it-is-where-you-are!

Peace
Freedom's so hard
When we are all bound by laws
Etched in the scheme of nature's own hand
Unseen by all those who fail
In their pursuit of fate