We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Newbie Options

SekhmetsDreams
#1 Posted : 6/24/2018 10:48:13 PM

*Love and Light*

Hello everyone

Complete and utter newbie here. I've heard people say you don't find 'it', it finds you. Totally the case 😁 it's like it's calling me haha. So after some research , (And thank the universe for this site I haven't even began to see everyone's wicked perspectives yet) my last potion ingredient is a few days away so I can get my goggles on 😀

If anyone can link a few good newbie articles that would be lovely thank you.

One (possibly dumb) question though if anyone would shed some light,
I saw a friend of a friend smoking a spliff (like a j but mixed with tobacco and mary) only he said it was mixed with D... so I thought it was changa (sorry new so trying to be careful what words are used for rules and regs) but he said he literally just dropped in in his roll up like a spliff. ( I didn't know any of them well enough to want to try anything with them) but so far I've not come across anyone suggesting it... is there any point or is it just a lazy waste lol

Cheers guys, be safe / happy 😄

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Pavlovs_Ape
#2 Posted : 6/25/2018 12:02:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi SekhmetsDreams! Welcome!

I just wanted to touch on your last point a bit:

Changa is a smoking blend containing herbs, dmt, and an maoi in some form, either in the herbs themselves or an added extract. The maoi adds length, character and smoothness to the trip, and is by far a better experience. I would never smoke dmt without one if given the choice. Generally the dmt and and maoi extract are dissolved in isopropyl, added to the smoking blend, and the alcohol is evaporated, evenly distributing the psychoactive into the plant blend. This acts as a heat buffer, preventing destruction of the dmt from high temperature combustion.

"Enhanced leaf" is prepared the same way, but without the addition of and maoi, just smoking blend and dmt. This gives the heat protecting to your dmt, making it easier to smoke without worrying about vaporization technique or equipment.

What you mentioned, rolling some dmt into your spliffs, I just call spiking a joint. It works just fine, not as well as enhancing your leaf ahead of time, but not that wasteful. You want to concentrate the dmt more towards the mouth end then the burny end, the air drawn through the joint is hot enough to vaporize it without burning. It's great for a shared experience with a few people, not really for going super deep though. I'll throw about 20mg in per person sharing for a pretty strong yet enjoyable trip. It's different then going deep by yourself, but equally fun and worthwhile.

SekhmetsDreams
#3 Posted : 6/25/2018 12:24:30 AM

*Love and Light*

Ah so informative! Thank you very much. For first use i had planned on using a pipe, but i will continue to peruse this magickal site 😁
Thumbs up

Pavlovs_Ape
#4 Posted : 6/25/2018 4:19:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

No problem, good luck in your explorations. Definitely keep perusing this site, that's the only reason I know any of this stuff, probably the same for most members. My first time was just how you said, rolled up in a joint, and it was a life changing experience. Explore all sorts of methods, it's part of the journey, and find what you like. A pipe can work just fine with a bit of care. Practice inhaling from your pipe holding your lighter lit above, drawing them flame towards the bowl but never making contact. You want to be able to keep the flame horizontal with you breathe, if that make sense, not naturally rising or dipping into the bowl. You want to lay a base of herb, add your spice on top of that, then cover that with more herb, aka the sandwich method. Your first hit of the pipe shouldn't even singe your herb, just melt and vaporize the spice. Hold that for a long awhile, then on your next toke you can torch the bowl and get the rest in as quick as you can. Melting it into the herbs on the first toke gives us some of that heat protection we had in the other preperations. Pipes can just be really hot and harsh to get a large volume of smoke in with, but you should know if you've got the lungs for it. A bong is much better if available, and the preperations mentioned before are better still no matter what you use, but a pipe, practice, and patients work. But as you say, keep learning, there are a ton of people on here far more experienced than I am, and a ton of different opinions and methods. What's best is what works for you, bottom line. Don't rush, like many intimate experiences it's far more special when you're ready for it.

SekhmetsDreams
#5 Posted : 6/29/2018 12:32:32 AM

*Love and Light*

Honestly i couldnt hope for a more helpful reply. Thats great. Thank you. Well a friend of a friend (or is it swim lol) just did their very first tek , GordoTek as it was easiest for some to get their brains around... & apart from a clumsy non fatal accident at the beginning, it went really well. They havent weighed it but it appears to be 2 or 3x more than the expected pull 😮
I feel like im completely ready to blast off but i have a planned time n date equipped with fellow newbies n some experienced tripsitters, and like you say there is absolutely no rush..its still gonna be there haha so i think i can just hang on a little while and read up some more / experiment with some of the recipes on here 😁
It feels like (what my so far limited imagination would perceive) a local trip just reading peoples posts 😂
Thanks so much for the sound advice. 😃