We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
E-cig vaping failure Options

NotTwo
#1 Posted : 6/19/2018 10:45:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Having relied on my VG and GVG for the last 4 or 5 years, I decided to delve into e-cigs as a mode of administration partly as I travel a lot and a pipe can look a bit dubious if your baggage is searched.

I checked out a few of the e-cigs and decided on Vaporesso Tarot Nano as it had a nice design and it was easy to change wattage and temperature.

So I took 333mg of spice and added 2ml of pure propylene glycol (rather than the VG/PG mix). I left the shot glass in hot water for an hour and the spice all dissolved nicely. I filled up the tank on the Tarot Nano and left it for 2 hours.

OK, so this is where I had the problems. I put the e-cig temp to 390F and the wattage to 50W. My first toke and I feel almost that my lips are burning. I manage to inhale relatively little and no effect whatsoever. I wash my mouth out with cold water and try again - exactly the same! After a couple more failed attempts, I reduce the temp to 300F and wattage to 20W. It's possibly a little less hot but almost impossible to inhale a full lungs worth and still no effect. At times I hear little mini explosions from the chamber. The taste in my mouth is not pleasant and my lips feel almost numb.

Can anyone help out here? I'm used to taking mega lungfuls from my VGs with no inhalation problems. I didn't particularly go for white crystal spice to make the mixture, slightly yellow and oily. I'm even vaguely wondering if the PG is the problem - don't know!! When I put a dab on my lip it feels warm. Should that be the case?
In all of reality there are not two. There is just the one thing. And I am that.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

ducdevil
#2 Posted : 6/19/2018 11:16:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

there is a myth that pure PG is better - yes it does dissolve better but it burns super hot and is immensely unpleasant. this is why PG is the choice of smokers when switching to vaping..it resembles the "throat hit" closely.

you really need to use a blend of VG/PG - i use a 60/40 blend. it dissolves quite well with some gentle heat (water bath) and the hits are smooth.

by the way, the "mini explosions" you hear are the PG literally boiling and crackling...you will not get this when there is some VG in the mix.

hope that helps - good luck!

NotTwo
#3 Posted : 6/20/2018 6:12:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks ducdevil, that's great. OK, VG/PG ordered and I'll try again Big grin I'm guessing the wick will be soaked in the old stuff and will need quite a few puffs to clear it out and start getting the new mix.
In all of reality there are not two. There is just the one thing. And I am that.

ducdevil
#4 Posted : 6/20/2018 10:07:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

great! Thumbs up
just make sure you order 0% nicotine.
doesn't mix well with liftoff.

some one
#5 Posted : 6/25/2018 2:03:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

PG is a throat hit, but shouldn't give burned lips etc. What you describe sounds like you might have burned your wick. To test, add new PG/VG ejuice in the same atomizer as ducdevil suggested and try again on the same settings. Good luck.
some = one | here = some | there = one

NotTwo
#6 Posted : 6/25/2018 6:37:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Just as a conclusion to this post ...

I made up a new batch with 60/40 (VG to PG). The spice dissolved very easily.

Later that day ...

1 small hit
some slight visuals

20 mins later
2 medium size hits
very pronounced visuals

20 mins later
4 large hits
full breakthrough!!!
The world I went to was SO real and SO beautiful, full of silver and verdegris lacework patterns. A male character was there and I asked him questions, partly about some physical complaints I've had recently, and he answered it all in an almost matter of fact way. He then showed me how I compartmentalized everything into 'I like', 'I don't like' and then engulfed me in love that turned everything into one united thing. I was aware of something like a bridge to one side. When the time came I had to cross the bridge to return. It was altogether a gentle and wonderful experience.

The Tarot Nano seems like a great tool for vaping, very easy to keep taking successive puffs as required. I was only using it at 30W which seems quite sufficient for this purpose.

some one
#7 Posted : 6/26/2018 4:34:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Excellent!

So PG didn't work, it burned you. While 60/40 VG/PG did work. Good data. What ratio DMT did you use? Did you do 10 second inhalations?
some = one | here = some | there = one

nathanielle
#8 Posted : 6/30/2018 11:31:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Glad you got there Big grin

Don't worry about the popping, it's the PG/VG heating up rapidly. I get it often with a regular vape, no bad thing

NotTwo
#9 Posted : 7/7/2018 4:29:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

some one wrote:
Excellent!

So PG didn't work, it burned you. While 60/40 VG/PG did work. Good data. What ratio DMT did you use? Did you do 10 second inhalations?

I used 60/40 VG/PG - no problem dissolving the spice at all. Pure PG was almost unsmokable. I've ended up using a 1:5 ratio which seems perfect. As a guestimate, I reckon one large hit is equivalent to 10 mg at this ratio.

I always try to hold for 20 seconds. This seems to work best. A small amount of hyperventilation (3 or 4 deep breaths beforehand) allows me to do this quite comfortably.(Using breathwork with DMT is another subject that I'd love to write about here sometime too!)

The thing I love about the e-cig is that you can use a gradual build up - it's not the all or nothing approach you have to take with a vaporizer pipe. No problem leaving a minute between hits. It's also great for letting first timers have control of the experience and gain confidence in how far they want to take it.

the_Architect
#10 Posted : 7/31/2018 9:56:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I´m glad you finally got it.

I´ve tried with the "Vaporesso Tarot Mini", which I assume is very similar to the "nano", I think it has the same atomizer (don´t remember the ohms...).

I used a 1:6 spice/liquid ratio (70-30 VG-PG coconut and oat, no nicotine) and run it at 35-40W. A friend of mine put his on 30W but this seemed too soft for me. 50W I think is too much, it burns, you might want to practice making clouds with a normal e-juice liquid, before jumping to the spice-liquid.

This set up has given me great results, it takes between 2-4 hits to get where you want.
Next time I think I´m going to try a 1:5 ratio, so i would take 2-3 hits... but this depends on each person, how long can you pull the trigger.

I made a post called "vaping infographic guide" in the "other" ROAs section, I´d like to get some feedback from the people and learn more about the solubility and preparation of the E-juice (PG-VG different experiences).
"...after five seconds I was no longer a marxist, no longer a materialist, no longer a rationalist.
It killed those things, it cauterized them..."

Terrence McKenna