We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
LED - festival Gadget 2.0 Options

jiva
#1 Posted : 5/21/2018 4:51:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi Everyone,

some of you might remember my thread from last year

for this years festival season i built something different

the animations are not final yet, but i think it coming along well Smile
the whole thing is powered by a USB battery bank, so recharging should not be a problem.

edit: i just noticed the sound in the background... that is not coming from the toy

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

DoingKermit
#2 Posted : 5/22/2018 8:11:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Beautiful!

universecannon
#3 Posted : 5/22/2018 5:22:07 PM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

Wow very nice! As someone obsessed with poi I love this

2 would make for an interesting flow toy especially if it could spin from the handle

You should work for flowtoys...or at least sell then this idea Laughing

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

Eaglepath
#4 Posted : 5/22/2018 5:43:53 PM

I rather root my values in my own hallucinations than in society´s neurotic illusions..

You brought this artifact from hyperspace?!?!?!!Shocked
"Too cute to live, too cozy to die" - Eaglepath

DmnStr8
#5 Posted : 5/22/2018 11:47:52 PM

Come what may

Shut up and take my money! I'll take two of em!!

Drool Cool
"In the universe there is an immeasurable, indescribable force which shamans call intent, and absolutely everything that exists in the entire cosmos is attached to intent by a connecting link." ~Carlos Castaneda

#6 Posted : 5/23/2018 12:03:42 AM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

Very cool!

Two would be pretty neat to mess around with for sure. Great build Thumbs up

jiva
#7 Posted : 5/23/2018 6:35:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

DmnStr8 wrote:

Drool Cool

hi,

as there are multiple people interested in buying one of these i thought this through:

i have no idea how much all the parts cost, there is a lot to be done in terms of wiring and i am not at all finished with the coding.

so here is what i am going to do, i will figure this all out and try to make this prototype into something i can reliably build.

also i hope to be able to include a mode where it reacts to music.

unfortunately i this means it will take more time to do this. i will create a list of interested people and keep them via email up to date with the development.

so if you are, please just send me your email address (i will make sure not to include your username in my list, so i will not be able to connect names from my list with usernames here on the site - just in case)

thank you for the positive feedback on my project, i did not expect for people to actually wanting to buy this

null24
#8 Posted : 5/23/2018 4:03:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

jiva wrote:
DmnStr8 wrote:

Drool Cool

hi,

as there are multiple people interested in buying one of these i thought this through:

i have no idea how much all the parts cost, there is a lot to be done in terms of wiring and i am not at all finished with the coding.

so here is what i am going to do, i will figure this all out and try to make this prototype into something i can reliably build.

also i hope to be able to include a mode where it reacts to music.

unfortunately i this means it will take more time to do this. i will create a list of interested people and keep them via email up to date with the development.

so if you are, please just send me your email address (i will make sure not to include your username in my list, so i will not be able to connect names from my list with usernames here on the site - just in case)

thank you for the positive feedback on my project, i did not expect for people to actually wanting to buy this

Would you be interested in making it an open source build and post specs and construction instruction for makers? Just curious. It may be easier to get them into people's hands. You could probably still make a decent amount of coin with it selling to folks like myself who are not skilled or inclined to make theml.

EDIT: I should've led with: Absolutely amazingly beautiful! The video alone is captivating, I'm in awe of your work! Bravo, you have a hel of a talent and skill going on there.Thumbs up
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

jiva
#9 Posted : 5/23/2018 8:57:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

null24 wrote:

Would you be interested in making it an open source build and post specs and construction instruction for makers? Just curious. It may be easier to get them into people's hands. You could probably still make a decent amount of coin with it selling to folks like myself who are not skilled or inclined to make theml.

EDIT: I should've led with: Absolutely amazingly beautiful! The video alone is captivating, I'm in awe of your work! Bravo, you have a hel of a talent and skill going on there.Thumbs up

i thought about making the source code open anyway so anybody could change the animations or improve on my coding (it defensively needs improvement Big grin )
the way the LEDs are set up does not differ from most already open projects out there. So basically it will most likely become a open source build

jiva
#10 Posted : 6/24/2018 6:37:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

finished another project i was working on

306 LEDs, 38 differenct color modes

DmnStr8
#11 Posted : 6/24/2018 8:16:58 PM

Come what may

jiva wrote:
finished another project i was working on

That is freaking cool!! Cool

Thumbs up
"In the universe there is an immeasurable, indescribable force which shamans call intent, and absolutely everything that exists in the entire cosmos is attached to intent by a connecting link." ~Carlos Castaneda

downwardsfromzero
#12 Posted : 6/25/2018 8:30:12 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

That staff would be great to see in motion.

With speech-to-text conversion it could be hilarious Big grin

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

jiva
#13 Posted : 6/25/2018 9:30:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
That staff would be great to see in motion.

With speech-to-text conversion it could be hilarious Big grin

i hope i will get a video of it in action.
i am very curious to see how people at the festival will react

also great idea... not sure though how easy it would be readable when the text is curved all around the staff

downwardsfromzero
#14 Posted : 6/25/2018 10:30:04 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Quote:
also great idea... not sure though how easy it would be readable when the text is curved all around the staff

The thought was that the writing would appear to hang in the air when the staff is swiped, through persistence of vision. So the writing is not wrapped around the staff per se. Anyhow, devices capable of this already exist - plus it's your wonderfully executed project and I'm just some random goon Thumbs up

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

jiva
#15 Posted : 6/25/2018 11:07:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Quote:

The thought was that the writing would appear to hang in the air when the staff is swiped, through persistence of vision. So the writing is not wrapped around the staff per se. Anyhow, devices capable of this already exist - plus it's your wonderfully executed project and I'm just some random goon Thumbs up

i think you mean like one of those light painting sticks - a friend had one some time ago.
i have no idea how i would code something with a movement sensor that would result in the text being displayed accurately, but i might give it a try once my coding skills improve

jiva
#16 Posted : 6/27/2018 7:11:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

here is one more

i built this one as a small deco peace for the flow festival next week.
the patterns in the video change every 25s (i will change this for the festival)
there are 38 patterns which change randomly with randomized color pallets

jiva
#17 Posted : 9/23/2018 8:04:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i think i made the move from festival toy to home decor

jiva attached the following image(s):
IMG_20180920_231046 (1).jpg (1,143kb) downloaded 94 time(s).
IMG_20180923_174322.jpg (3,652kb) downloaded 92 time(s).
IMG_20180923_203717.png (2,551kb) downloaded 92 time(s).
IMG_20180923_210127.jpg (756kb) downloaded 91 time(s).

DoingKermit
#18 Posted : 9/23/2018 9:53:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Amazing! Really love the intricacy of the mandala. Well done!

antares
#19 Posted : 9/23/2018 11:57:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

That Mandala LED is outstandingThumbs up.

If you can link it to a music system playing meditation type music and rig up a system to change the patterns and colours in tune with mood and tempo of the music it would be out of this world.

jiva
#20 Posted : 9/24/2018 2:46:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i should add, the mandala is something i found online, i am still learning how to create mandalas in illustrator but i am getting there.

also i found a way to sync the patterns to music, the parts i need to build it are already ordered, i hope to get them soon Smile

12NEXT