We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV567
The Tao of Rue Extraction Options

TOXSIN
#121 Posted : 4/27/2013 6:36:20 PM

Knowledge is power, at the price of losing the bliss of ignorance

What shoudl I do? Nothing is occurring Sad shoudl I add more salt or what? I wound up shaking up the stuff to see what was wrong and now nothing is even dropping as sediment either...
Understand: Nature knows no EVIL, Nature knows no GOOD, people know these things, because we perceive these things, with the gift of senses given to us at birth. A good or bad experience is simply a bridge to a another existential time frame, so always live in the moment and make every one a positive moment!

Any and all posts or interactions are to be held as my fictional writings/short stories or dreams. I may even have some delirium setting in, I've never been tested for it. The only exception to this is the statement about nature above, I feel this is a fact!

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

TOXSIN
#122 Posted : 4/27/2013 10:19:17 PM

Knowledge is power, at the price of losing the bliss of ignorance

...I added more salt+some fresh vinegar... now just got this nasty shit floating around the top, again? Any help?
Understand: Nature knows no EVIL, Nature knows no GOOD, people know these things, because we perceive these things, with the gift of senses given to us at birth. A good or bad experience is simply a bridge to a another existential time frame, so always live in the moment and make every one a positive moment!

Any and all posts or interactions are to be held as my fictional writings/short stories or dreams. I may even have some delirium setting in, I've never been tested for it. The only exception to this is the statement about nature above, I feel this is a fact!

grollum
#123 Posted : 6/21/2018 10:33:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I am just workin through the tek and find some things not clear. I think we can espress them in a better way, so that is easier to understand.

Quote:
Step 3a - Settle & Decant
Then decant all of the murky yellow water off of the top and run it through filtering process shown in Step 3b to make sure that all insolubles are removed.

The bottom layer is not mentioned here. Do I dispose it and only use the murky yellow stuff for further filtering? This is not totally clear in my opinion.

Quote:

Step 5 - Base
Once your alks have settled, you want to decant as much of the basic liquid as possible.

How do i recognize the basic liquid?
Do I see a clear separation of both layers? Here it is also not totally clear to me which layer I should keep and proceed. I think the bottom layer?

pastanostra
#124 Posted : 6/21/2018 10:58:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Step3a, main goal is to keep the liquid, discard the solid.
For an easier process later, the less solid you have, the easier it is.
So the more you decant the solid, the cleaner your liquid will be.

Step5, once you added your base, you'll see alkaloid that precipate, until no more precipitate, let them fall down your glass vessel. Until no more fall down (you have a nice layer at the bottom), you have to suck up the basic liquid. Remember you have a solution of water + acid, you add a solution of water + base, so they are miscible. Base raise up the PH to let the alkaloid crash out of the basic solution.
You can check this if you want https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=79274

In fact rue extraction is very simple, it just take a lot of time.
The real longest part is the initial filtering step ... If you let your acidic tea settling the more time you can afford, you should have a very confortable filtered that you can easily work in the next steps. As said in the wiki, this is the key step (settle & decant & filter)
pastanostra attached the following image(s):
IMG_20180414_163327.jpg (3,030kb) downloaded 176 time(s).
IMG_20180414_163511.jpg (3,162kb) downloaded 175 time(s).

Northerner
#125 Posted : 6/22/2018 4:44:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

To reduce filtering time and pain pressure cook your seeds whole @15 psi for 120 minutes, rather than crushing and boiling... then follow the tek from there. Wink
The nearest we ever come to knowing truth is when we are witness to paradox.

grollum
#126 Posted : 6/22/2018 8:43:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

to late. Do you think you get the same yield out of pressure cooking?
Filtering must be much easier because you have not so much sediment...

Northerner
#127 Posted : 6/23/2018 4:47:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

In my tests a first pressure cook extracts >95% of the available alkaloids.
The nearest we ever come to knowing truth is when we are witness to paradox.

grollum
#128 Posted : 6/23/2018 10:13:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

and you make only one pressure cook? awesome!

grollum
#129 Posted : 6/24/2018 6:03:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

How long does the growing of the crystals take? I am waiting for some hours now. Nothing to see.

used 110g of pure seasalt for 1.1 l of extracted harmine/harmaline vinegar mix.
I extracted from 200g seeds.

any ideas?

Jagube
#130 Posted : 6/24/2018 6:06:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Northerner wrote:
In my tests a first pressure cook extracts >95% of the available alkaloids.

And how much water would you use in that for 200g seeds?

grollum
#131 Posted : 6/24/2018 7:17:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

grollum wrote:
How long does the growing of the crystals take? I am waiting for some hours now. Nothing to see.

used 110g of pure seasalt for 1.1 l of extracted harmine/harmaline vinegar mix.
I extracted from 200g seeds.

any ideas?

Did some further filtering and added 20g more salt. During filtering the solution started to get white and flaky. Seem to work now. Heated everything and wait again now.

donfoolio
#132 Posted : 12/15/2021 4:38:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey fellows,

I have a question concerning this tek. I did the first steps until re-acidification for manske. I pour of the clean solution at the top (pH about 5) and heat it to add the salt.
The bottom of the solution let a lot of cloudy precipitations in it after filtering. Can I do the manske with this or should I clean it further? (Adjusting pH or more filtering?) At the moment I heat it up a little to see if it gets more in solution.

I have never done this tek before and let my fingers from rue due to the long filtration but nowadays I have a little bit of time

I hope my question is clear.

Édit: I made it. It seemed that this was only plant matter (but it passed the coffefilter) - I received golden mini crystals after manske and filtration, so this should be other stuff. It was already in the solution in the base stage and seemed to stay after Acifying.
donfoolio attached the following image(s):
IMG_20211215_184608.jpg (3,238kb) downloaded 52 time(s).
Arthur Dee was one of the greatest alchemists of all time, not likely to his dad, I forgot his name, this small James Bond sorcerer working for the queen of a... Hail Arthur!

«PREV567