We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Hello everyone Options

Time
#1 Posted : 6/17/2018 3:19:56 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello everyone, I'm from the north of Italy.
I'm 20, I work and I study mechanical engineering at university.
I'm also interested in chemistry, electronic, botany and other scientific discplines, and obviously the altered states of consciousness.
I have tried psychedelic and dissociative substances of different chemical categories, I grow plants related to these and I aim to drug self-sufficency.
I'm sure that this is a good forum where to share information.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

TGO
#2 Posted : 6/17/2018 6:38:48 PM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

Hi, welcome to the Nexus!

We have a lot of plant enthusiasts around here! Personally, I've enjoyed growing many different strains of mushrooms over the years and am currently in my second growing season with my t. bridgesii cacti. What do you like to grow? Feel free to share any experiences, thoughts, pictures, garden tips or anything related. Enjoy your time here!

Peace
New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

Time
#3 Posted : 6/19/2018 11:05:52 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the welcome, I grow mescaline cactus, different species Acacia, Salvia Divinorum, Argyreia Nervosa, different plant of Family solanaceae and various aromatic plants.
I definitely have to start grow mushroom.

LysergicAbreaction
#4 Posted : 6/19/2018 1:59:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello.

You mentioned having an interest in electronics as well as altered states of consciousness, no?

There is a show on "Netflix" called "screenland", and season one episode one focuses on this exact topic, I think you might enjoy it.

...Its nice to see modern technology programs like "screenland" reference terence mckenna and LSD while speaking about virtual reality and technological development.

Other than season one - episode one and maybe episode two, the show is all technology and no psychedelia, but those first two episodes were great.

LysergicAbreaction
#5 Posted : 6/19/2018 2:30:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Time wrote:
Thanks for the welcome, I grow mescaline cactus, different species Acacia, Salvia Divinorum, Argyreia Nervosa, different plant of Family solanaceae and various aromatic plants.
I definitely have to start grow mushroom.

Wait, you grow acacia species? How's that been going?

growing acacia trees has never been a viable option for me, but I have always thought about it. Acacia species are quite large, and often must be kept alive for quite a while before any viable harvest can be made, and with many species it is the root-bark which is harvested, meaning you would have to spend years upon years growing the tree just to kill it...

I also cultivate several cacti species, mostly trichocereus and lophophora.

I cultivate morning glorys, but Argyreia Nervosa has never been one of my "regulars", it's better as far as lysergamide yields per seed harvest, but it also comes with a mess of downsides that makes Ipomoea violacea or Ipomoea tricolor the more suitable choice for urban cultivation. When it comes to Argyreia Nervosa I find it's easier to purchase the seeds in bulk from a supplier.

What solanaceous species do you cultivate? I cultivate Solanum lycopersicum and Solanum tuberosum, you can even graft the two plants together so one is producing for you above ground while the other produces below. ...but I am guessing these are not the solanaceous plants which you have interest in, no? I'm guessing your interest is in Datura stramonium and other natural species, maybe Hyoscyamus niger or brugmansia, right?

When it comes to cultivating psilocybe cubensis fungi I can personally assure you that it is more than simple. You probably have most the needed items already in your home, and the ones that you dont are more than easy to obtain. As long as you can follow precise instructions and are clean and organized fungi cultivation should be no problem.

Fungi are fascinating, they are more like animals than plants, of coarse they are neither, but if we quickly compare: fungi breathe oxygen, like animals, while plants breathe C02. fungi do not engage in photosynthesis, while for plants it is essential, also, the cells of fungi are more similar to animals than plants, fungi even produce a compound called "Chitin", Chitin is a polymer of N-acetylglucosamine and is a key component in fungi cell walls, chitin is also present in the exoskeletons of arthropods, crustaceans, insects, in the the radulae of molluscs, cephalopod beaks, and in the scales of fish and lissamphibians. So in various ways fungi relate much more to animals than they do plants, even on the cellular level. Fascinating stuff.

Either way, we probably share many interests, so it would be interesting to hear your thoughts and opinions relating to these topics.

Time
#6 Posted : 6/20/2018 6:30:44 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the advise on TV serie, I know in recent years Netflix is investing a lot in good series and it's popular here too in Italy, but I try to keep me away from them beacouse they involve me too much and I trow too much time.
Many australian Acacia contain dmt in leaves, bugs, twigs, the concentration is often not high but it isn't necessary use the root bark that as you said will kill the plant, in addiction in the years I will bind to them and I will not be able to kill them.
I grow Acuminata, Longifolia and Obtusifolia, they are still small though, I'm waiting the germination of Maidenii and Floribunda, I chose these for the medium frost tolerance, beacouse in my zone in winter the temperature sometime reaches -10 °C and I aim to grow them outside when adult.
I grow the same genus of cactus and yes, I grow active solanaceae, Datura Stramonium, Ferox, Hyoscyamus Niger and Atropa Belladonna.
Thanks to the encouragement to grow mushrooms, I have already buy spores.

endlessness
#7 Posted : 6/20/2018 11:36:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome to the Nexus!

I'd love to see pictures of the plants you guys (or gals?) are growing!

Smile