We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Why Are Chaliponga Plants So Rare? Options

Nathanial.Dread
#1 Posted : 6/20/2013 10:08:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Title says it all, really. I've seen a number of vendors that sell cuttings of Chacruna, Salvia and others, but it's proving really hard to source a Chaliponga.

I couldn't help but wonder if maybe there was some fact about the plant I didn't know. Are they really hard to grow in captivity, or do they not produce viable seeds (a la Salvia) or what?

Cheers
~ ND

EDIT - In light of dreamers post, I will straight up say that if anyone knows how to source a live Chaliponga plant, or the seeds, by all means, let me know.
"There are many paths up the same mountain."

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

dreamer042
#2 Posted : 6/20/2013 10:31:35 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

We are allowed to discuss sourcing of live plants and seeds here, so if anyone out there has a source of either for Diplopterys cabrerana please do post it or at least pm me about it. Wink

In my many years googling around trying to find out what's up with this plant I've seen it explained a couple places that these plants don't clone well and are hard to get going outside of the Amazon. I can only assume this plant doesn't seed much or they are hard to germinate or some such and that's why seeds are not easily available either.

Apparently clones do get around and some people do cultivate this one but they are rare and hard to obtain. I'm guessing the main reason it never made it to the global marketplace is that it doesn't propagate nearly as easily as caapi and psychotria do. Also, it's a lot weirder experience than chacruna and lot of people don't like its effects so there is less incentive to pursue it.

I asked Kat Harrison this very question at Psychedelic Science. She said that they are hard to get going but once they are going they are pretty hardy. She advised that you would want a greenhouse. She was on her way out so that's all the exchange I had with her, but she gave me her contact info and told me to e-mail her if I wanted to pursue it further.
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

Ez
#3 Posted : 10/2/2013 5:10:18 PM

"Love is the medicine."

Any luck....?
(¯`'·.¸(♥)¸.·'´¯Pleased But suddenly you're ripped into being alive. And life is pain, and life is suffering, and life is horror, but my god you are alive and it is spectacular!

Nathanial.Dread
#4 Posted : 10/8/2013 10:37:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Nothing, I'm afraid Sad
I'm also living in a dorm room, so I don't have the resources to grow a hothouse plant, so I consequently haven't been looking.

Blessings
~ND
"There are many paths up the same mountain."

SnozzleBerry
#5 Posted : 10/9/2013 2:14:58 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

The only vendor that I knew of who offered chaliponga plants as "coming soon" never really made good on that statement in a meaningful way. I think dreamer's post is dead-on. Keep your eyes/ears open...but even if you do acquire one, it's probably going to be fairly intensive to care for outside of its typical climate zone.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

primordium
#6 Posted : 2/3/2014 10:40:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

dreamer042 wrote:
We are allowed to discuss sourcing of live plants and seeds here, so if anyone out there has a source of either for Diplopterys cabrerana please do post it or at least pm me about it. Wink

Why are there no seeds available??! Sad
"The infinite vibratory levels, the dimensions of interconnectedness are without end." -- Alex Grey

dreamer042
#7 Posted : 2/4/2014 12:13:58 AM

Dreamoar

primordium wrote:
dreamer042 wrote:

Read the rest of post #2 Razz
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

primordium
#8 Posted : 2/4/2014 4:37:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

dreamer042 wrote:
primordium wrote:
dreamer042 wrote:

Read the rest of post #2 Razz

Yeah, I did read it.

But where there is demand, I would still assume supply. Surprised
"The infinite vibratory levels, the dimensions of interconnectedness are without end." -- Alex Grey

Coja
#9 Posted : 2/5/2014 1:46:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It seems like what few public offerings that have been made for seed have been expensive and ended up being species of Banisteriopsis, rather than D. cab.. Apparently seed germination isn't the easiest either, though I'm sure folks would get this going if it was available as they have with notoriously difficult T. iboga and others.

Ringworm
#10 Posted : 2/11/2014 2:45:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The reason it is so rare?
Because I never got any to clone when I had the setup Smile
"We're selling more than a cracker here," Krijak said. "We're selling the salty, unctuous illusion of happiness."

dreamer042
#11 Posted : 2/11/2014 3:46:34 PM

Dreamoar

Ringworm wrote:
The reason it is so rare?
Because I never got any to clone when I had the setup Smile

Shoulda known it was all your fault. Wink

JP
#12 Posted : 6/12/2018 6:34:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Has anyone had success finding a source for this plant.
And you will come to find that we are all one mind
Capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable.

Muskogee Herbman
#13 Posted : 6/18/2018 7:35:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

One day soon I'll be that source once I figure out how to root it.
Muskogee Herbman attached the following image(s):
e20180605_154842.jpg (1,040kb) downloaded 358 time(s).
Creator help me live in a way that will make my ancestors proud.

JP
#14 Posted : 6/18/2018 7:51:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Muskogee Herbman wrote:
One day soon I'll be that source once I figure out how to root it.

Excellent. How was this one propagated?
And you will come to find that we are all one mind
Capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable.

Muskogee Herbman
#15 Posted : 6/18/2018 8:10:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

dug outta the jungle in Ecuador and sent with phytosancity certificate
Creator help me live in a way that will make my ancestors proud.

Cannabisgardener
#16 Posted : 2/25/2019 12:35:43 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Not suggesting this as a reputable source nor do I have experience with dealing with them. But apparently kiwi listed some plants as this

KloudQ7
#17 Posted : 2/25/2019 8:26:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

A friend of mine in the valley of kings got a plant from one of Terrance McKenna's properties on the island and I tried to clone it a couple times. Any time I took a cutting they never made it, air layering might work but I didn't try. I eventually got a baby from it one time when the valley flooded bad and buried part of one plant in River sand and jungle dirt. The next time I come back it was rooted so I cut it and repotted. It took months for it to recover but it's growing now.

Cannabisgardener
#18 Posted : 3/2/2019 1:26:04 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Any chance this is what I'm hoping it is, chaliponga? If so I may get some.
Cannabisgardener attached the following image(s):
20190301_181335.jpg (778kb) downloaded 233 time(s).

pinkoyd
#19 Posted : 3/2/2019 3:15:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Extraordinary knowledgeSenior Member

Sad to say but nope, don't see anything that looks like chaliponga there.

Have you seen the pic over at STS where that one guy has a good sized chaliponga?

See here if you haven't: http://sharetheseeds.me/...m/index.php?topic=4963.0

Also regarding my original question a friend on another forum had this to say:

My homie said they won’t let us have the diplopterys because “they can teach you how to fly”. He was down there and they didn’t gaf about psychotria or banisteriopsis but freaked out when he asked for a cut of the dc

Note: dc=Diplopterys cabrerana=chaliponga
I already asked Alice.

pinkoyd
#20 Posted : 3/2/2019 3:21:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Extraordinary knowledgeSenior Member

Cannabisgardener wrote:
Not suggesting this as a reputable source nor do I have experience with dealing with them. But apparently kiwi listed some plants as this

What kiwi was offering as D. cab (chaliponga) turned out to be Alicia anisopetala. Someone here grew it out and submitted some for chemical analysis. It was found to have no alkaloids that were a match in the GC/MS database (meaning there's no DMT in it, or harmalas, or just about anything else we know of that is psychoactive). A number of people have bioassayed the plant as well and the results were ambiguous at best.

Check out the plant analysis thread.
I already asked Alice.

12NEXT