We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV34567NEXT»
Settings for Anlerr Mr Bald T ceramic cup vaporiser Options

Aum_Shanti
#81 Posted : 6/16/2018 9:42:36 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
https://humboldtvapetech...-bucket-coil-installed/

Honestly, I can hardly understand the principle of this atomizer based upon these pics. Maybe you could shortly explain it?

Edit:
I could think one problem wit the saionara is, that there seem to exist so many different versions. Maybe they should rather have given this one a new name to make it stand out.
I claim not that this is the truth. As this is just what got manifested into my mind at the current position in time on this physical plane. So please feel not offended by anything I say.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

tseuq
#82 Posted : 6/16/2018 9:54:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

@SUBZERO; Nice to see that you are back to the topic and grats to your promotion.Thumbs up

Aum_Shanti wrote:
Suddenly my QQ didn't work in TC mode anymore, but the mod always switched to wattage mode. I read up on reddit, and it seems it is a known problem for the QQ.

It happened to me with the QQ1, those test trials were quite ambivalent. I love the tool, the idea behind (reminded me on dabbing) and had already some good attempts with the QQ1 but just after some tries the atomizer got a defect (resistance went up to 28ohm) and I could only use it in wattmode (vs. Temp control) anymore. I checked the internet and the problem was already known to Matt and he showed in a youtube video how to fix this problem.

I tried my best and really had a hard time trying to fix it and the lousy quality of the screws from the QQ1 did f*** me up. Till now I am not able to fix my QQ1. I tried with new ceramic heaters and screws from the QQ2 but it all failed ("No Atomizer" on the Display) Sad Since I received the QQ2 I am pretty happy with the improvements of the device (f.e. thicker cup, better and bigger screws, ..) and hope for a long lasting quality and friendship.

Ja.. ja.. I see where this is leading to. Maybe still more testings tonight. Now it is time to take out the kids to the farmers market, we need veggies and fruits and the kids need to be ventilated. Laughing

tseuq
Everything's sooo peyote-ful..

Aum_Shanti
#83 Posted : 6/16/2018 10:22:53 AM
DMT-Nexus member

@tseuq: As said, I just had to loose and tighten the central power screw and it worked again, but I also have the V2.

Thinking about this, and an all metal cup:
I think there's one big problem, and that is the metal cup holder. IMHO this part should ideally not be made out of metal, as probably a lot of heat dissipates through it into the central power rod. So this could be the reason why it loosens sometimes.

Also if I make an all metal cup, probably way more heat would dissipate there, so I would have to somehow prevent this. No idea how... (probably I would just use it without bottom cup holder and instead fasten it on the sides with poor heat conductive material)

Edit:
Did now the heat up time test:

Heat up to 270C, from cold state.

MBT (25W): 17s
QQ (50W): 14s

So my feeling wasn't so wrong. The MBT isn't much slower in heating up, although using only half the power.
I claim not that this is the truth. As this is just what got manifested into my mind at the current position in time on this physical plane. So please feel not offended by anything I say.

SpiceyMeatball
#84 Posted : 6/16/2018 1:15:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

All tests were done last night, with the same spice, in the same setting, without any interruptions, and cleaned inbetween each hit as best as possible. without solvents. while I list taking 2 rips for each, i did go for a 3rd but they were all vaporized for the most part.

Technique for all attempts::
Fired button for 10 seconds - loaded spice - put top on immediately - slow long rip while pulsing the fire button 7 seconds. releasing. and fired more if needed that hit. hold in as long as possible

10:20pm-10:28pm - 20mg White X - 2 rips almost no flavor
Preheat 315F @47w / TC 310 @42w
Mild hallucinations with eyes shut. Almost no visuals with eyes open.

??-10:49pm - 20mg White X - 2 rips almost no flavor
Preheat 325F 48w / TC 320 @42w
So much more visuals, room was alive with me. Closed eye visuals were alot more faster paced

10-59pm-11:09pm - 20mg White X - 2 rips almost no flavor
Preheat 335 @48w / TC 330F @42w
Room was alive. Was still tilted while i wrote my notes.
open and closed eyes were both amazing (i strongly recommend a black light tapestry to compliment the moments when you open your eyes. it makes for a very nice, instant transition between closed eyes and open eye visuals)
Felt like i was in this room, but at the same time somewhere else.

Last method left the least amount of residue in cup so far.

No Burns from any toke

** I wasn't counting anything during my rip like I normally am. just was focusing on taking the longest hit possile. **

** Is it possible that when i would pause inbetween my rip before to look at vapor in cup, that it was letting it heat up the cap and cause hot tokes? I didn't pull my head back at all this time, just long constant tokes. Maybe that kept the cap cooler **

** Is it possible that these lower temps provide a shorter duration trip? I certainly will have to do this same test with just chunky yellow. to see why my other trips were alot longer **
Everything posted here are the rantings of a crazy guy who lives close by. This is his story. Not really sure what he's saying but maybe you all can make sense of it.......

SpiceyMeatball
#85 Posted : 6/16/2018 1:52:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

@Aum_Shanti
I'm glad you have been testing heat up times. Since my preheat was way lower than target until yesterday, it makes me doubt the accuracy of my temps used in the past.

The issue with the wires you mention sucks, i had the same exact issue with my DCv3. But i have not taken apart my QQ at all. plain & iso soaked qtips is all ive needed to use for the inbetweens..... the deck has stayed clean. but there are Xtals on my cap.

The whole thing seems to smell and taste better after subzeros avice with the iso cleaning. but so far i haven't needed to take anything apart.
Everything posted here are the rantings of a crazy guy who lives close by. This is his story. Not really sure what he's saying but maybe you all can make sense of it.......

zikzak
#86 Posted : 6/16/2018 2:43:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Aum_Shanti wrote:
Quote:
https://humboldtvapetech...-bucket-coil-installed/

Honestly, I can hardly understand the principle of this atomizer based upon these pics. Maybe you could shortly explain it?

Edit:
I could think one problem wit the saionara is, that there seem to exist so many different versions. Maybe they should rather have given this one a new name to make it stand out.

Here's some info on it:
https://www.reddit.com/r...even_better_top_airflow/

Pictures from reddit:

SpiceyMeatball
#87 Posted : 6/16/2018 2:57:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

@zikzak first thought was "dang dont they have a tool. they made a mess" Laughing , on a serious note though it looks like it would send you right to space.

SpiceyMeatball
#88 Posted : 6/16/2018 3:05:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This time I let it Preheat for 14seconds. Then waited 10 seconds before I loaded spice. the rest of the process the same. Also tried to darken the morning light as much as i could.

8:31am-8:39am - 20mg White X - 2 rips
Preheat 335F 48w / 330 42W

So much happening with the eyes closed, almost like a whole 'nother world. but strange. except nobody else there thinks it's strange, so they continue without missing a beat and ever being distracted. I highly enjoy my open eye hallucinations in the dark, but there was so much going on i kept my eyes closed almost the entire time. The best feeling was when i was able to fully let go and would feel vibrations of the trip. But MOST of the time i am too aware of my body still.

Felt like it had been ages when in fact it was more like the intense peak slowing around 6minutes in. Continued trip.

Again no burning at all

** self note - I think it's almost time for a 30mg rip. I am not in any rush. Not counting has made the process alot less anxious and relaxing. As i know the first baby rip starts the process, and by the time I exhale the 2nd one i'm already hallucinating. Which is perfect, because rip 3 isn't giving anything at this dosage **

Aum_Shanti
#89 Posted : 6/16/2018 3:13:22 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Here's some info on it:

Yeah, I saw that thread, but also there noone really explains how exactly this things works. Somone just says, too complex to explain...

And also from these pics I cannot really derive how exactly the setup of this atomizer works, especially the airflow.

@SpiceyMeatball: Looks promising. As said, IMHO probably the "heat and dump" method will be the best for DMT due to the long heating times.

zikzak
#90 Posted : 6/16/2018 3:13:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SpiceyMeatball wrote:
@zikzak first thought was "dang dont they have a tool. they made a mess" Laughing , on a serious note though it looks like it would send you right to space.

Yeah I was the same.. Looks like he used a shovel to load it Very happy

zikzak
#91 Posted : 6/16/2018 3:16:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Aum_Shanti wrote:
Quote:
Here's some info on it:

Yeah, I saw that thread, but also there noone really explains how exactly this things works. Somone just says, too complex to explain...

And also from these pics I cannot really derive how exactly the setup of this atomizer works.

You mean with the top airflow?

Aum_Shanti
#92 Posted : 6/16/2018 3:18:45 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
You mean with the top airflow?

Yes,but also what kind of heat element has it, and how is it connected to the cup, and how is the cup thermally separated from the rest (what thermal mass is connected to the heating element?)?

SpiceyMeatball
#93 Posted : 6/16/2018 3:40:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

@Aum_Shanti
For not being able to test with spice atm, your suggestions are helping quite a bit Thumbs up

Keep up the good work Nexians!

SpiceyMeatball
#94 Posted : 6/17/2018 12:18:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I decided to test heat up time with what i thought was a clean cup. And got similar results as Aum_Shanti.

14s and it started to see wisps of vape.
held it until until mods puff limit 20s and by then it didn't smell that good in the cup.

Aum_Shanti
#95 Posted : 6/17/2018 11:11:35 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
For not being able to test with spice atm, your suggestions are helping quite a bit

Lol, I made many tests before in various configurations, but not with the QQ. IMHO the main problem with DMT is, that it starts to evaporate already quite early, but at that temp, vapor production is way not where it should be to inhale. Also this low temp vapor very quickly recondenses (which leads to this funny behavior that it seems to crawl away from the heat source). Heating it over a longer time will strongly increase oxidation. That's why I think you probably should heat it to full temp AFAP, e.g. like in a GVG or a dab rig. That's why I suspect the heat to full temp and dump method would probably work best.

BTW what I tried yesterday: I added a bigger diameter tube, looks like a bong tube. The problem before was with my test substance, that I couldn't vape everything in one toke. But like that I basically filled the tube with two pretty fast breaths, where basically already during the second breathing I inhaled the vapor, as the tube was already full from the first draw (where one doesn't yet inhale any vapor). Then on the third draw I emptied the tube. Like that I could quickly evaporate all substance out of the QQ, not leaving it in this strong heat, where it otherwise will burn. But I guess this only works properly if you have a substance not quickly recondensating on the tube walls. So I would tend to think it wouldn't work with DMT.

Just as a detail explanation: I had a rubber hose which fits over the QQ mouthpiece mounted to a transparent PET tube. I made a hole into the rubber tube right above the QQ mouthpiece. This hole serves as a kicker, to empty the tube on the third inhale. But also this hole serves as a point to dump in the material into the QQ mouthpiece when full temp has been reached and an additional 5 seconds have been waited for the cup to get to this temp. The hole was also so located that I can close the whole with one finger, while the rest of the hand grabs the mod and presses the heat button.

Quote:
I decided to test heat up time with what i thought was a clean cup. And got similar results as Aum_Shanti.

What I did discover is, that the QQ needs quite more time (several seconds) until the set temp really is available in the cup. This is a bit faster on the MBT.

What I mean by that is, that if your coils reached the temp, it needs some additional seconds until the heat transferred to the cup, so until the cup got to this temp.

This can be a bit tricky in relation to finding the right temp. For if you ramp up, until vapor production, the cup will still get hotter, even if heating stopped. So one tends to set too high temps.

zikzak
#96 Posted : 6/17/2018 12:26:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

As we are already exploring beyond the subject of this thread allow me to take a small turn here as I'm curious if you have some input:

I have been using a Health Stone for DMT (and 5meo). It works amazingly well. Everything gets vaporized and it gets vaporized very very quickly. My method have been to use a torch lighter from a good distance and slowly get the flame nearer the stone while inhaling softly. When the vapor starts to develop I inhale vigorously as I take the lighter a little bit closer. I have also been using a fritted glass disc as flame filter which also works well.

The thing is with cup atomizers is that although they might work pretty well it seems that they will maybe never be perfect (with DMT) for reasons you mention aum_shanti, airflow etc. For a donut style atomizer there are other problems.

If I imagine the perfect one hit portable vaporizer for DMT it would basically be a portable version of the Aromed vaporizer (in a way an electronic way to utilize the function of a Health Stone). You pull hot air through a glass disc (or a ceramic stone could be used). As you pull the temp goes down but the Aromed regulates that and keeps a steady temp. Maybe it could work pretty good even without the temp regulation.

Have any of you seen similar designs like the Aromed in a portable vaporizer?
I have seen it's possible to dump a ceramic stone in the Sidekick portable vaporizer from 7th floor vapes (in the video at 3:18 ) but not sure how well it works. Also there a lots of suggestions to use the ceramic stone in their other desktop vaporizers in the video. But again do you know of any portable designs working with this idea?
https://youtu.be/NS9TbfR6P78

SpiceyMeatball
#97 Posted : 6/17/2018 10:29:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

@Aum_Shanti
The almost sounds like a chamber with a carb. And also a great way to do it since you are getting rip 1 trapped in the tube and inhaling it with rip 2 (which is where its all at for me) Were you still getting hot hits in your testing even after heating it up with cap off?

@zikzak
That could be interesting.....

I'm looking forward to my next tests as it will hopefully tell me if my flavor issues are more related to my chunky/yellow spice. And also could mean the settings on the device are fine now that the last couple doses were all flavorless + no hot hits.

SUBZERO
#98 Posted : 6/18/2018 5:07:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Feels good to be a member - Thanks guys!
And special thanks to Aum_Shanti for the final vote. Big grin

Aum_Shanti
#99 Posted : 6/18/2018 9:48:57 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
And special thanks to Aum_Shanti for the final vote.

Well, that wasn't more important than any of the other votes. Just found it funny, that by coincidence it was just the tipping vote.
Was especially funny, as exactly the same happened just before with SpiceyMeatball.

Quote:
Were you still getting hot hits in your testing even after heating it up with cap off?

What exactly do you mean by "cap"?
But I used a fairly big tube, and so had no problems anymore with any heat.

SpiceyMeatball
#100 Posted : 6/18/2018 4:45:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

@Aum_Shanti
The Quartz top of the QQ was what i meant by cap.

I have still consistently had no hot hits. And found at least the source of most of my residue. Chunky yellow and the fluffy yellow both leave dark residue.

I have found my sweet spot and I'm sticking to it.
Preheat 325 @48W / 320 @42W
14s heat
10s wait
dump all spice quick with a folded business card (extra folds to make a funnel at tip)
Clean cup with IPA/ISO after every use

last night (listening to Sounds of Isha - Aum Namah Shivaya 1 hour version)

11:30pm-11:40pm - 20mg Chunky yellow - 2 rips
Was getting lost in my tapestry. Almost no visuals at all with eyes closed. It felt tribal (were the only words that fit when i was writing notes still tilted, but it certainly could have been from the chanting music) everything was darker. did not see wavey colors at all. even tapestry looked primarily purple (dark residue)

11:48pm-11:57pm - 20mg Fluffy yellow - 2 rips
Strong trip. First time feeling like i was letting go, and the strands from my tapestry came out in 3d and were horizontal coming straight off the wall. at one point a clear bubble/sphere that was connected to a strand came over and was right next to my head, and then i never saw the bubble again. but i was able to get several minutes of deep hallucinating. not alot of visuals with eyes closed but one of my "deepest" trips yet. (dark residue)

I believe to date I've never broken through. But I will quietly continue testing the same dose for now and see if i can go back through each spice and have anything close to a similar trip. Because so far almost no trip has been alike.

Ever since I cleaned the QQ Cap and it's little stem very well with IPA/ISO, haven't seen bad hits and no longer taste anything when vaping! That has been confirmed with all my spice colors/purities.

Thanks everyone in this post for helping narrow the search down!

** edit - another variable is the type of batteries we all use. due to how they perform. i am using Sony VTC5A's. for anyone not familiar this is a guide for batteries

https://www.e-cigarette-...ommended-batteries.7593/

https://www.e-cigarette-...3259735ef7d-jpeg.735233/

«PREV34567NEXT»