We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Is this an easier way of defatting? Options

gossumx
#1 Posted : 11/4/2009 11:16:22 PM
DMT-Nexus member

My friend has recently acquired a small amount of dmt and he was wondering if it would remove some of the fats (that make it harsh?) by

1. dissolving it in naphtha

2. mixing it in acidic water (ph 3.5 or so)

3. allowing it to separate

4. then evaporate the naphtha from on top of the dmt saturated acidic water which would in theory leave the fats "dried out" floating on the waters surface

5. then just scrape the "dried fats" off

6. evaporate the water

7. scrape up the dmt

He doesn't have much and after doing so research he said that the fats are supposed to make it pretty harsh. Se he's just looking for an easier way to clean it up without having to track down a bunch of chemicals.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

endlessness
#2 Posted : 11/4/2009 11:18:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

thats a strange way you're suggesting

no no, just recrystalize it.... It will clean it up perfectly and its easy, the only chemical needed is naphtha

soulfood
#3 Posted : 11/4/2009 11:32:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

what he said.

Also why evap the naphtha in your model? In the situation you would disolve the DMT in acidic water, defat with solvent, rebase, then pull with solvent and freeze/evap to collect product.

gossumx
#4 Posted : 11/4/2009 11:44:24 PM
DMT-Nexus member

he said he was thinking of doing it this way because he once heard of someone who was doing a mescaline extraction which entails putting the saturated solvent on acidic water to allow the mescaline to be pulled from the solvent (which would still hold the plant fats) and then putting the two layered solution in the freezer so that the solvent could be poured off, leaving the frozen water behind.

However, at one point, after allowing the ice to melt, it was noticed that there was still a small layer of solvent on the surface. So instead of making a fuss about it, both layers were put in the evaporation dish, knowing that the little amount of remaining solvent would evap off too. however, after all the solvent was evap'd, there were still a few pieces of plant fat floating on top of the acidic water.

Basically he was wondering if the same thing would happen with dmt.

soulfood
#5 Posted : 11/5/2009 12:11:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

well the same thing would happen with water and a solvent layer.

The thing is you can't really get mescaline to freeze precipitate out of a solvent to my knowledge because there isn't really one suitable.

DMT however is only slightly soluble in naptha, so if you disolve your DMT in and then freeze it, this should remove many impurities.

acolon_5
#6 Posted : 11/5/2009 3:34:36 PM

The Great Namah

Yeah....

Even if you did want to go the route you suggested, you should pull off the naphtha layer, not let it evap on top of the water containing your spice.

A proper defat for MHRB extracted spice should occur during the acid cook phase. Meaning that you add naphtha right after you have added water and acid to the MHRB. STB's have a much more difficult time defating.

Also with mimosa the defat is really optional, and only to be used if you are aiming for extreme purity or large xtal growth.

As for the spice you have, as others have said a rextalization works best for getting impurities out.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.