We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Elementary Art Options

jbark
#1 Posted : 6/13/2018 8:50:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Has my nine year old son been chewing on my salvia leaves or munching on my cacti??
jbark attached the following image(s):
image.jpg (2,082kb) downloaded 132 time(s).
JBArk is a Mandelthought; a non-fiction character in a drama of his own design he calls "LIFE" who partakes in consciousness expanding activities and substances; he should in no way be confused with SWIM, who is an eminently data-mineable and prolific character who has somehow convinced himself the target he wears on his forehead is actually a shield.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

jbark
#2 Posted : 6/13/2018 8:57:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Another:
image.jpg (2,415kb) downloaded 127 time(s).
image.jpg (2,415kb) downloaded 110 time(s).
JBArk is a Mandelthought; a non-fiction character in a drama of his own design he calls "LIFE" who partakes in consciousness expanding activities and substances; he should in no way be confused with SWIM, who is an eminently data-mineable and prolific character who has somehow convinced himself the target he wears on his forehead is actually a shield.

endlessness
#3 Posted : 6/13/2018 9:09:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Wow!

Im seriously impressed, thats great for a 9 year old!

DmnStr8
#4 Posted : 6/14/2018 2:53:07 AM

Come what may

I think kids are attuned to the universe in a way that we forget as we get older. The can easily let go in their creativity. I have seen this first hand in my daughter as well. They are our teachers!!
"In the universe there is an immeasurable, indescribable force which shamans call intent, and absolutely everything that exists in the entire cosmos is attached to intent by a connecting link." ~Carlos Castaneda

DoingKermit
#5 Posted : 6/14/2018 10:13:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Such great art work! Already very skilled at such a young age.

DmnStr8 wrote:
I think kids are attuned to the universe in a way that we forget as we get older. The can easily let go in their creativity. I have seen this first hand in my daughter as well. They are our teachers!!

I was at a talk last night by Micheal Pollan and he mentioned a woman named Alison Gopnik, who says kids minds are like a lantern, where our minds are like a flash light. They don't have all the visual and cognitive references like we do and can solve creative problems more easily. She says "young children are basically tripping all the time.”

dragonrider
#6 Posted : 6/14/2018 1:28:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Well, i don't know you, but at least you did one thing right. That's for sure.

jbark
#7 Posted : 6/14/2018 2:09:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

dragonrider wrote:
Well, i don't know you, but at least you did one thing right. That's for sure.

I guess I can take some of the credit, but he's just an amazing little kid. I have never had to limit "screen time" (though I had planned to...) - he prefers to make movies in his head and act them out (sometimes for an hour or two), draw, make his own comic books, read, watch movies 9his only screen time - doesn't really play video games), invent his own countries and cities and map them into imaginary continents, and on their own, with little drawings of local flora, fauna, cuisine, garb and landmarks both manmade and natural...

Yes, I know I might be inducing some vomit out there. Just an awestruck proud papa. Smile

JBArk

jbark
#8 Posted : 6/14/2018 2:22:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks Endlessness!

DoingKermit: Apt analogy with the lantern. And interesting quote about "tripping all the time" (more on that below.)

DmnStr8: Yes! I learn so much from him everyday - about him, myself and all of us. Smile

To address the "tripping all the time", lantern analogy and kids being "attuned to the universe in a way we forget as we get older: "

It is an (unproven) pet theory of mine that, among many other things, psychedelics open paths to old, perlingual vestigial memories. I believe they take us back before we knew language to the point in time when our brains were making sense of the world, learning to consolidate memory and compartmentalizing experiences. This explains why we see mysterious, alphabet like figures on DMT, lego people on salvia and a whole vast universe of cartoons, archetypes (jesters, aliens, indescribably monstrous creatures, mother figures and dark shadow people) and various nursery items, including occasional melodies and nursery rhymes lost in the depths of memory , on many of these substances - from mushrooms to nitrous and ketamine to acid, aya to mescaline and changa to even some of the more well worn research chemicals.

Justa taught. Smile

JBArk

Camponotus
#9 Posted : 6/14/2018 10:48:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Really great art!

I hope you‘ll support him every now and than with some free colours as presents!
different mediums can be fun!

I remember drawing many skulls as a child too but not so happy ones, this is really great!
Also nice to see the link between the crazy entities being also fluffy cute bunch of beings and the skull with a lot of rainbow and smilies!! Big grin solid mindset!

I‘m a big fan of him already! Big grin Smile
It's the job that's never started as takes longest to finish. - J.R.R. Tolkien

How long will this last, this delicious feeling of being alive, of having penetrated the veil which hides beauty and the wonders of celestial vistas? It doesn't matter, as there can be nothing but gratitude for even a glimpse of what exists for those who can become open to it. - Alexander Shulgin

jbark
#10 Posted : 6/15/2018 2:17:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Camponotus wrote:
Really great art!

I hope you‘ll support him every now and than with some free colours as presents!
different mediums can be fun!

I remember drawing many skulls as a child too but not so happy ones, this is really great!
Also nice to see the link between the crazy entities being also fluffy cute bunch of beings and the skull with a lot of rainbow and smilies!! Big grin solid mindset!

I‘m a big fan of him already! Big grin Smile

I'm tempted to post more! He's a really creative kid Smile

JBArk

jbark
#11 Posted : 6/15/2018 2:27:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

A few more from when he was 7 yrs old:
lewis drawings 7yrs 10.jpg (486kb) downloaded 57 time(s).
lewis drawings 7yrs 1.jpg (400kb) downloaded 56 time(s).
lewis drawings 7yrs 2.jpg (409kb) downloaded 56 time(s).
lewis drawings 7yrs 3.jpg (421kb) downloaded 56 time(s).
lewis drawings 7yrs 4.jpg (430kb) downloaded 56 time(s).
lewis drawings 7yrs 5.jpg (457kb) downloaded 56 time(s).

jbark
#12 Posted : 6/15/2018 3:54:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

and a last one: two of his (hundreds?) of imaginary continent maps:

(like father like son: i am actually outlining a book called the Cartographer!)

IMG_9173.jpg (147kb) downloaded 49 time(s).

Orion
#13 Posted : 6/15/2018 11:25:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think you should TLC test your sperm for DMT Laughing
Art Van D'lay wrote:
Smoalk. It. And. See.

jbark
#14 Posted : 6/18/2018 2:32:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Orion wrote:
I think you should TLC test your sperm for DMT Laughing

Ok, results are back: Salvinorin A; N,N Dimethyltryptamine; 3,4-Methylenedioxymethamphetamine; and psilocybin all in significant quantities as well as trace elements of Lysergic acid diethyl amide, ketamine and Nitrous oxide.

I guess that explains a lot. Gets me thinking that maybe I should start drinking my own sperm!!

JBArk