CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Alternate day fasting information needed, anyone practiced or researched it? Options

justB612
#1 Posted : 6/14/2018 3:39:54 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi!

I'm on my second prolonged fasting in my life, on day 2. I love this so much to be honest I would do it every day if I could.

My question would be, how much could we fast regularly? Like, 3 whole days a week?

Or would that have some adverse effects?

Thank you in advance Smile
empathy might be on the brink of extinction

Ever have a personal encounter with an entity after taking DMT?

obliguhl
#2 Posted : 6/14/2018 5:24:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The two main risks are metabolic adaptation (probably not happening if you just fast 3/7 days but don't take my word for it) and loss of muscle mass. The ladder could be compensated by continuing to lift heavy and supplementing with BCAAs.

I would recommend to alternate fasting days and don't do it for more than 1 or two days in a row. Another option would be to fast for 16-20 hours per day.
"That's the thing Morgan - here is not here..."

#3 Posted : 6/15/2018 7:25:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

check out intermittent fasting, that might suit your needs better.

you have an 8h time window in which you can eat as usual, an fast the rest - water or tea are still allowed.

Doc Buxin
#4 Posted : 6/15/2018 7:58:07 PM

Sing Like Plant, Play Like Page

How much fasting is "good for you" all depends upon your body's constitution and condition.

Some really fat people could fast for a month and have it be great for them if they took the time to do it properly (which took me a lot of first-hand experience and a lot of studying to figure out).

On the other hand, most people who would be considered "skinny" can very much create more health problems for themselves if they fast too much (say, more than one day per week). One can really desiccate one's inner organ systems if careful attention to every aspect of the body is not taken very seriously.

Just my two cents. I fasted for the majority of my 20's (literally) and learned a ton.

These days I fast one day a week usually, but it's not a strict rule for me anymore. Typically I fast at least one day per month, but the heavy-duty ranch work that I do most of the time now does not lend itself to the fasting lifestyle. I am ridiculously skinny as it is already (very muscular, but skinny) and even though I am very aware that fasting is not the best thing for me to do a lot of at this point in my life, I love to fast so much that sometimes I just find myself doing it automatically...

Later in the day, my wife will say, "did you eat anything today? Honey, you know that you need to eat something or you're going to fade away". And I smile and know that, yes, some day this mind/body structure will indeed just fade away. After all, I have been preparing this entire lifetime for just that.

Freedom's so hard
When we are all bound by laws
Etched in the scheme of nature's own hand
Unseen by all those who fail
In their pursuit of fate

Simply_Me
#5 Posted : 6/15/2018 8:54:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

What would be nice to know is what are your goals?

Why are you fasting other than you like it?

When you do eat, what are you eating and how often, how do you prepare it?

Do you know what your BMI is? How much FAT you have or are you fat?

I am in the right place doing the right thing at the right time.

justB612
#6 Posted : 6/15/2018 9:30:33 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I'm skinny, 12-15 % body fat I'd say from pictures, i had a bad lifestyle but now changed it to good, my diet is whole food because i find too much controversy over vega / meet + low fat / low carb.

So I'm eating only stuff that contains nutrients, nutts seeds, mushrooms, vegetables, fruits berries, some meat mostly fish, Smile

I want fasting because the whole experience is just so good. Can not express.

First time I did it it felt awesome, but after the fasting period I got back to baseline normal.

Now, as my 2nd fast is over (cant go over 3 days though...) I feel like some parts of the fasting sticked with me...

Doc Buxin
#7 Posted : 6/17/2018 5:47:39 AM

Sing Like Plant, Play Like Page

justB612 wrote:
I'm skinny, 12-15 % body fat I'd say from pictures, i had a bad lifestyle but now changed it to good, my diet is whole food because i find too much controversy over vega / meet + low fat / low carb.

So I'm eating only stuff that contains nutrients, nutts seeds, mushrooms, vegetables, fruits berries, some meat mostly fish, Smile.

You sound very level-headed about your dietary choices to me.

Simply eating things that human beings have been eating for thousands of years rather than just the last 60 or so years in a conscious, moderate manner, along with not buying into all the silly controversy that surrounds what dietary approaches people tend to trumpet to the masses in hopes of "saving" people from their own individual choices, will take you a long way in creating a balanced life for yourself. More power to you.

justB612 wrote:
I want fasting because the whole experience is just so good. Can not express.

First time I did it it felt awesome, but after the fasting period I got back to baseline normal.

Now, as my 2nd fast is over (cant go over 3 days though...) I feel like some parts of the fasting sticked with me...

Even though (obviously) it's not for everybody, fasting can be a ridiculously awesome experience and certainly can be somewhat addicting from my point of view.

I would suggest to you, justB612, to limit your fasting to one day (24hrs) per week at the most based upon what you stated regarding your body type and your description of ℅ body fat.

I wish you well on all your fasting endeavors!Very happy
Freedom's so hard
When we are all bound by laws
Etched in the scheme of nature's own hand
Unseen by all those who fail
In their pursuit of fate

justB612
#8 Posted : 6/17/2018 2:48:24 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks Very happy I'll try to do that, and carefully measure my weight along the line, to see how it balances out.

Also any ideas on alternate fasting protocols?

Gut bacteria is getting a whole lot of attention these days and it feels like a day or two of not eating fixes my tummy up, clean easy digestion and clean easy stool too Very happy

I was thinking of finishing a fasting period with a bunch of probiotics, or maybe probiotics paired with vegetables/sauerkraut for a day or two?