We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Pharmahuasca (with MAOi pre-dosing): caught by an unexpected surprise Options

Triglav
#1 Posted : 6/10/2018 9:31:52 PM

In the gap between thoughts nonconceptual wisdom shines continuously.

Two days ago I had my first experience with pharma-huasca. My intention for the first experience with this material was to achieve a treshold or a light experience --- (+-) or a (+) accordinng to the Shulgin's rating scale. My working material was Peganum harmala (syrian rue) extract (harmine+harmaline – I think the ratio of the two is in favor for harmine) and Mimosa hostilis extract (DMT). The experience happened in the afteroon. Generally I am very sensitive to psychedelics and my body weight is very low (important to keep in mind because of the dosage).

00:00 - I take 200 mg of harmala freebase alkaloids dissolved in lemon juice.

I had prior experience with the same dose of harmala and therefore knew what to excpect. The effects were nicely building up - elevated, euphoric but subtle mood was nicely coming on.

01:45 - When I feel I'm close to the harmala peak I proceed to take: 31mg of DMT (MHRB extract) + 70mg harmala alkaloids dissolved in lemon juice. After that I ate one small tomato.

After I took the DMT with harmala the DMT came on fast. From ingestion to peak 40 minutes passed.

01:50 - First alerts of DMT was a vigoruosly expanding feeling in the head and a heavier feeling developing in the body. Also where I have some spine issues a pain appeared which was nowhere to be felt before.

02:10 – I lay down on my bed and close my eyes listening to clasical indian music. The pain in the back is gone. Very soft and gentle geometrical patterns in golden colours appear with eyes closed. The patterns move more slowly compared to smoked DMT and are also of a different character. With opened eyes there is nothing noticably going on.

From that point on I proceed to enjoy the visual stimuli and the music. I was of opinion that the experience will develop only a little more. I was happy with the results of the experiment so far. But the intensity of visual effects and the intensity creeping into my consciousnes and body was becoming stronger and stronger every passing minute.

02:30 – The closed eye visuals are three-dimensional at this point and are moving faster. The imagery is beautiful, complex and demanding. The body feeling is very strong. I open my eyes just to check if anything is going on in the outer realm. I was surprised to find that there is a lot going on – kaleiodoscopic patterns on the ceiling, my limbs morphing and in general my vision very disoriented.

Because I did not imagine and did not anticipate in the least that I will so easily achieve such a intense state and because I was not in the least ready mentally to deal with such a situation I became very anxious, and started to panic a little bit. I decided to call my girlfriend – she was at home and fortunately had time to help me with her attention.

While the phone was ringing I moved to the terrace. The change of place had a positive effect on my mental state- My girlfriend picks up the phone and we start talking. I explain the situation, she helps to calm me down more. Our conversation quickly becomes my reference point for my mind to hold on-to in the sea of intense psychedelia which I'm not prepared for. My dog comes and lays down close to me, which further grounds me.

03:00 – While still talking with my girlfriend I notice that the effects have reduced a little, my mind is becoming more comprehensible, the anxeity had subsided and the intense body effects are reducing. Visual still vey strong, though not as much as before. I stand up to get a glass of water and find out that my vision is still very disoriented and that I can barely walk normally up-straight. I return to lay down again.

03:15 – I observe that the effects of DMT are reducing quite rapidly and that the effects of harmala alkaloids are becoming more and more apparent. A very pleasent euphoria is developing. Walking is still demanding.

03:50 – Effects from DMT are 95 % gone and harmala is now even stronger. I am getting visual and auditory effects from harmalas not to mention the very nice mental state of relaxation and euphoira that had developed.

From that point onwards the DMT experience is over, but the harmala effects were continuing strongly. As the effects from harmala reduce some more my motor skills are fully back again. After 3 or 4 hours I'm mostly back to baseline.

I think that my dose should have only been 10- 15mg of DMT for the effects I had in mind. With this experience once again the importance of starting low comes into play.

I think that the 200 mg pre- dose of harmala alkaloids was too high also. I think that if I had taken 120 mg harmala pre-dose and then 80 mg harmala with DMT, it would be enough for full inhibition of MAO. That way I would have consumed all together 200 mg harmala instead of 270 mg. With 200 mg I had a very nice experience but I see now that 270 mg has enough power to produce very noticable and strong psychoactive effects.

Overall it was a good and worthwile experince. I'm looking forward to repeat the experiment with a lower dosage. I would be happy to repeat the same dose of DMT in a more suitable setting for such intense experiences.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

exquisitus
#2 Posted : 6/11/2018 12:13:37 AM
DMT-Nexus member

ah, classic indian ragas... good stuff.
on another forum i suggested years ago using those instead of icaros...

triglav? that's zmei gorynych to me Smile
perhaps, triglaz(iy), as in tryambaka Smile

Jees
#3 Posted : 6/11/2018 9:44:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you for the detailed report.
For a pre-dose I usually take just 100 mg harmalas (the harmine-harmaline extract that comes out of syrian rue as is.) I won't say other doses are worse or better, I just haven't experimented with other pre-dose enough to compare. As you know we all differ and must find our own sweet spots.

I'm not surprised that 30 mg deems take you that far, not hyperspace though but still far enough for a firm soul treat. For me it can take me also harder than expected, but also very dim so it depends on the occasion. But same goes for 75 mg if I'm honest, it can be easy ride or deeper, all depending.

You said that the harmalas kept working long after the dmt died, but if you look closer then this long feeling is different compared to harmalas alone. Imho that long harmala feeling is 'enriched' and of a higher (ahum) order because there was dmt before. I love that state.

Happy trials Thumbs up

Triglav
#4 Posted : 6/11/2018 4:03:40 PM

In the gap between thoughts nonconceptual wisdom shines continuously.

Jees wrote:
Thank you for the detailed report.
For a pre-dose I usually take just 100 mg harmalas (the harmine-harmaline extract that comes out of syrian rue as is.) I won't say other doses are worse or better, I just haven't experimented with other pre-dose enough to compare. As you know we all differ and must find our own sweet spots.

I'm not surprised that 30 mg deems take you that far, not hyperspace though but still far enough for a firm soul treat. For me it can take me also harder than expected, but also very dim so it depends on the occasion. But same goes for 75 mg if I'm honest, it can be easy ride or deeper, all depending.

You said that the harmalas kept working long after the dmt died, but if you look closer then this long feeling is different compared to harmalas alone. Imho that long harmala feeling is 'enriched' and of a higher (ahum) order because there was dmt before. I love that state.

Happy trials Thumbs up

Thank you for the reply Smile.

I will definetly lower the harmala dose for my next experiment. I think I'll go with 120 mg pre-dose and then 80 mg with DMT or I'll do 100 mg for both doses. I must admit that I very much enjoy the harmala extract effects and I want to be sure that MAO is inhibitet, therefore I don't want to lower the harmala too much I feel.

It's true that with this experiment I had the biggest dose of harmala alkaloids so far. The dose was 200 + 70 = 270 mg all together. My previous experiences with solo harmala were with 135 mg, 200 mg and 100 mg. I don't think the 200 mg dose came close to what I experienced with 270 mg. It is true however that this was happening after the DMT experience. Therefore I agree with your comment. And yes that state really is wonderful. Thumbs up