We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12345NEXT»
Settings for Anlerr Mr Bald T ceramic cup vaporiser Options

tseuq
#41 Posted : 6/7/2018 6:49:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Guys, I also recieved the QQv2 some days ago and I am pretty eager to test it, but, due to a lack of spare time, I can give it a shot soonest next weekend.

@SpiceyMeatball; What mode & settings do you use?

Aum_Shanti wrote:
..but honestly 5-MeO-DMT is something you rather wanna do seldom...

Big grin

Looking forward to test and report, tseuq Thumbs up
Everything's sooo peyote-ful..

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Aum_Shanti
#42 Posted : 6/7/2018 7:37:33 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Aum: Yes or you could do 5-MeO-DMT every day for half a year as a guy I just stumbled upon on Facebook

Full release doses?

As I remember there was a guy on bluelight which did 5-MeO-DMT several times per week over years...(always full release).

AFAIR after some time he always got the message to stop, and when he didn't listen he got lung problems and this then stopped him...

And yes, the Incendio one looks good as well, just as also the Yocan Evolve plus.

Seems more and more good ones appear.

What I do find interesting:

As said the tops of the MBT (Mr Bald T) and the QQ (Quartz Quest) are fully interchangeable. Actually even the small tube in the middle goes down about to the same height. They are that similar.
But the airflow of the QQ is in reverse compared to the airflow of the MBT. On the MBT the vapor gets sucked up through the small tube, whereas on the QQ the fresh air enters the small tube. I'm not quite sure which version makes more sense, but IMHO I would rather tend to say the MBT version (but this I will have to test). I'm wondering if Matt just reversed the airflow out of production necessity, as an MBT airflow would be very difficult to get with a pure glass piece.

Additional thought about the QQ:
IMHO it would make more sense, not having the vapor everywhere, for as it is now, quite some substance will recondense on the coil wires, screws,... which IMHO really is not ideal, as these parts are very hard to clean and also as some substances are very aggressive on metals. Why not just have a glass tube just fitting over the cup?
The MBT has the ceramic casing which protects any of the heating stuff from the vapors.
I claim not that this is the truth. As this is just what got manifested into my mind at the current position in time on this physical plane. So please feel not offended by anything I say.

zikzak
#43 Posted : 6/7/2018 9:13:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I asked him how he felt after the 6 months but the conversation died out at that moment.. But here's the account (sorry for being off topic but after all this is about DMT and 5-MeO-DMT which goes into the atomizers Pleased ) :

"I smoked 5-meO-dmt every day for six months. I don’t think I’d do the same for NN as NN isn’t that exciting to me🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️

I first smoked NN about 20 years ago and it was amazing. But 10 years ago I got my hands on 10 grams of 5-meO and that was totally amazing.

I’m more of a “feeling” person.....the cool visuals of DMT are somewhat boring to me. And 5-meO is extremely sensual as you can actually have sex on it and even do other stuff while on it as opposed to just lying down.

My experiences got better as time went by......the last months I even took it orally mixed with harmaline to the extant of taking pharmayahuasca caps every two hours extending the trip for hours on end."

Aum_Shanti
#44 Posted : 6/7/2018 9:22:16 AM
DMT-Nexus member

That doesn't really sound like he's doing release doses to me, but rather that he's using it low dose.

Anyways. What is your thought about the different airways of the MBT and QQ?
I claim not that this is the truth. As this is just what got manifested into my mind at the current position in time on this physical plane. So please feel not offended by anything I say.

SpiceyMeatball
#45 Posted : 6/8/2018 9:15:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

tseuq wrote:
Guys, I also recieved the QQv2 some days ago and I am pretty eager to test it, but, due to a lack of spare time, I can give it a shot soonest next weekend.

@SpiceyMeatball; What mode & settings do you use?

Man that thing is a beast, looking forward to round 2 myself.

It's recommended to use TCR Nickel, which my mod doesn't have so i'm kinda messing with that part of mine. and my only shot so far was 400F 40.5W

Load up - button for approx 10 seconds of heat up, which makes the heaters go pink. Don't allow them to go red. and don't go above 50W or you will break the heaters. and i started to see vape. then i held the button for my rip and didn't need to apply anymore heat after rip 1 to get any of the remaining vape from rip 2.

i only did 11mg to gauge how much i was successfully getting out of the DCv3. i look forward to a 20-25mg dose Smile

good luck with that thing!
Everything posted here are the rantings of a crazy guy who lives close by. This is his story. Not really sure what he's saying but maybe you all can make sense of it.......

zikzak
#46 Posted : 6/9/2018 1:55:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Aum_Shanti: Sounds like the design could be better with the exposed wires ans screws.. I don't know about the airway design - but I just ordered this one to try out:
https://m.fasttech.com/p/9624538

Aum_Shanti
#47 Posted : 6/10/2018 10:04:08 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Wow, that looks really interesting, and it's dead cheap, but not much info about it.

How do you find such things?

Anyways, made some tests with my QQ, but due to tolerance not with a psychedelic.

Well, my findings:

* The MBT (Mr Bald T) has a slight problem with the edge of the cup being way cooler and therefore substance there not evaporating. It looks like this is even quite worse with the QQ (Quartz Quest). Quite some amount remains in the corner (e.g. in my tests I would roughly guess about 5-15mg). I think one reason for this is, that the QQ has a sharp 90° corner, whereas the MBT has it at least slightly rounded.

* The 50W of the QQ makes quite a difference to the 25W of the MBT if you vape bigger amounts of substance (>10-15mg). You can inhale much faster, and therefore there's also way less recondensation. With the MBT you cannot draw fast, as the 25W is not enough to keep the cup at the set temp.

* Already on the MBT there is the problem of recondensation at the cup sidewalls, and them not being hot enough to let stuff evaporate again off them. But the cup height is quite low on the MBT, so that this is not a big problem. On the QQ OTOH the cup is very high, and so a lot recondensates at the walls and remains there...

* But again due to the high (and cold) sidewalls of the QQ basically very little vapor leaves the cup, as long as you do not draw. This again is quite a big advantage. E.g. on the MBT to get around this I place a metal plate on the cup while heating, which I then remove with a magnet to inhale, when the set temp has been reached. Otherwise due to the long heat up times (which btw still are like >10s on the QQ) a lot of vapor recondenses at the cold mouthpiece walls.

* Regarding airways: Tried both tops on the QQ, and I have to say, the QQ one is IMHO better, because the fresh air enters into the cup in a fast narrow place directly onto the top surface of the substance and so actually blows the vapor out of the cup and so there's way more vapor production. The air just above the surface is the most important place, as there's a certain vapor equilibrium, and by blowing away this surface vapor layer constantly way more substance can evaporate per time.

BTW:
I had a strange behavior of my QQ. The first two usages worked with no problem in TC mode. But then suddenly, the indicated temp increased very fast and was reached like within a second. But the real temp was nowhere really near this temp. So using it like that was futile. So I set back the base resistance, thinking that maybe this was the problem. But no, still the same problem. I basically then had to switch to pure wattage mode to be able to use it further. But I really don't like the wattage mode, especially with 50W, as you have not the slightest idea at which temp you are, and it really doesn't help psychologically seeing glowing red coils...

Edit:
Finally discovered the culprit. Due to a to me unknown reason, my mod (eleaf pico) set my TCR values back to default (120, instead of the set 300). So no wonder it behaved like that. Anybody an explanation for this?

zikzak
#48 Posted : 6/10/2018 10:52:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Nice findings.. And no not much info on the Motar and it's only for wattage mode. Will someone make a rounded bottom cup atomizer with temperature control - how hard can it be?

Aum_Shanti
#49 Posted : 6/10/2018 12:08:08 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
and it's only for wattage mode.

Well they also said this about the Mr Bald T, although it works perfectly in TC mode.

Quote:
Will someone make a rounded bottom cup atomizer with temperature control - how hard can it be?

Or I will also have to make an aluminum inset for it, like I did for the MBT. This helped drastically, as the metal heat conduction is way stronger. But if you do this you will lose some advantages. E.g. I now really like to freebase on the fly, directly in the cup. This would be a bad idea to do with a metal cup, as it would react.

zikzak
#50 Posted : 6/10/2018 12:11:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Should not be that hard to tinker some solution with a rounded cup for the QQ? Do you have a picture of what you did with MBT?

Aum_Shanti
#51 Posted : 6/10/2018 12:13:32 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Do you have a picture of what you did with MBT?

It's basically just a mini aluminum cup you put inside the cup. There even with 90 degree walls, there's no corner problem due to the way better heat conduction. Such a part can be quickly done on any lathe.

BTW: Couldn't resist and also ordered a motar for that low price. Design wise, it's really almost a glass bubble.

BTW2: Saw that on aliexpress they also sell replacement heaters for $12. Almost not worth it, if for a few dollars more you get the complete one. But from the pics it really looks very very interesting! That could be a winner. As it seems it has quite rounded edges. I'm wondering how much wattage it can really endure (Longmada declares 30-45w), as already on the MBT the manufacturer descriptions weren't really correct (with the indicated 30W max being too much). If it can really go at 45W that could be awesome if it can be used in TC mode.

zikzak
#52 Posted : 6/10/2018 3:16:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Nice you ordered one! Maybe you should have ordered two to see if it really goes to 45 Very happy
There's some info here and also more on that sub:
https://www.reddit.com/r...h_the_motar_concentrate/

Aum_Shanti
#53 Posted : 6/10/2018 9:23:04 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Nice you ordered one! Maybe you should have ordered two to see if it really goes to 45

Lol, I was honestly seriously considering this. But as I'm not that much under pressure anymore, as I have a working solution, I dropped the idea again. Also I first wanna know, if it can be used in TC mode at all.

BTW: Discovered what was the culprit for my heating problem with the QQ, see Edit above.

SpiceyMeatball
#54 Posted : 6/11/2018 2:24:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

@Aum_Shanti
thanks for sharing your findings. I personally haven't seen a whole lot about ecig atomizers being used for spice besides the one's i have tried. I'm sure glad i found this place! haven't heard of the BMT, 25W sure sounds like a slow rampup to temp.

How much did you load and how many rips did it take to clear the QQ cup?
Did you do a preheat and then go in for your rip after?

I know that QQ is gonna do me solid once time allows for it. Thumbs up
Everything posted here are the rantings of a crazy guy who lives close by. This is his story. Not really sure what he's saying but maybe you all can make sense of it.......

zikzak
#55 Posted : 6/11/2018 9:13:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Here's a small carb cap that fits the Motar:

https://www.dhgate.com/s...l-bangers/397182223.html

Aum_Shanti
#56 Posted : 6/11/2018 10:25:28 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Here's a small carb cap that fits the Motar:

What is this for?

@SpiceyMeatball: As said, I cannot test it with DMT for now, as I have developed a huge perma-tolerance for psychedelics. And as it seems it's probably gonna take many months until I will start to get some effects again...

Quote:
Did you do a preheat and then go in for your rip after?

Always. IMHO that's the only way for cup atomizers, as the heat up time is long. You heat up until temp has been (sometimes almost) reached and draw. For some substances it is beneficial to heat it for some time at a lower (non evaporation) temp. This is to heat up the cup more evenly.

BTW:

It seems I again burnt quite my airways with my QQ tests. I really wonder why other people do not seem to have any such problems. On the QQ I only used a 15cm rubber tube, without the cooling metal tube. It seems I will also have to add this the next time.

I really wonder why I am so sensitive to this. E.g. if I would use the QQ as in the vid, drawing fast directly on the mouthpiece, I would quite severely burn my airways.

SpiceyMeatball
#57 Posted : 6/12/2018 5:53:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
It seems I again burnt quite my airways with my QQ tests.

@Aum_Shanti
It takes a slower rip than oil rigs and most mj vape devices..... imagine trying to use a coffee straw but as slow as possible.

That happened to me the 1st time too but I think that was from inhaling too hard. I eased up considerably and damn .......a huge plume of vape came out, last thing that crossed my mind was "Do i even need another rip? Goodbye" was a wonderful experience.

(turns out i either left some behind. or there was residue from using a blend of chunky yellow + clean stuff) but the next morning i was able to try again. loaded some on top of the residue (same blend of spices) and it wasted a load. it tasted TERRIBLE. and no heat settings were changed.

is there such a thing as reclaim with spice and should it be smoked?

tseuq
#58 Posted : 6/13/2018 7:59:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Finally home and I couldn't hold back till the weekend, thus, I did 3 small test runs with the QQ2 yesterday night:

I preheated the cup up to around 230°F, dropped the spice in the cup, put the glass top on and took slow and long hits. I could vape the whole dosages each in one hit.

Vapelog:

mg ... Watt ... °F .. Effect .. Mode ... Addition

10 ... 40.5 ... 400 ... 4/5 ... TCNi ... Worked pretty good, nice effects, felt "pretty on"

20 ... 40.5 ... 400 .. 4.5/5 .. TCNi ... Burnt lip and tip of the tongue and I guess the harsh vape was hitting my soft lunges pretty nasty, the effects were still quite intense, for some moments I already experienced open-closed-eyes same vision, at the very very beginning of a breakthrough experience, already entered this familiar moving "tubes and shapes", perma opening-closing-thingy-objects, but still a long way to go for breaking through, remembered me on my first tries with FB and the machine, compared to my changa experiences - definitely more spice has to be vaped for same effect as 100mg changa [1:1:0.25]

20 ... 42.3 ... 310 .. 3.5/5 .. TCNi ... I attached a 10cm plastic tube onto the glass top; no burning sensation, nice but not as intense as last go

Next time I will try temp around 340-360°F. The wattage regulate how fast the coils are heating up right?

[Edit: Is there a possibility to make a table in the post? Tried BBCode but failed.]

Looking forward, tseuq
Everything's sooo peyote-ful..

Aum_Shanti
#59 Posted : 6/13/2018 8:19:37 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
The wattage regulate how fast the coils are heating up right?

Exactly.

BTW: What I discovered: With the QQ mouthpiece, it is actually possible to dump the substance when the cup is fully heated. So you basically heat it to full temp, wait 10-15s, for the cup temp to even out and then dump the substance and inhale. But it is IMHO only a feasible way, if you have your substance in bigger chunks, which is not the case for DMT. But maybe there's a trick to chunk it somehow?

I also shortly tried it with an added aluminum tube, and now, no more airways burning, even with fast rips.

SpiceyMeatball
#60 Posted : 6/13/2018 7:51:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

@Tseuq
Did you have any residue after each attempt?

I had similar results as far as 10mg and 20-25mg tests.

Most of my attempts have been during the day with spice, and the other night i tried 25mg with the QQ, 13mg yellow chunky / 12mg clean, was the first time i've seen egyptian statues. I was seeing colors that aren't on my tapestry. things on other walls looked further than they should, as well as glowing in the black light in a patterned way that isn't normal in every day life. Even though i couldn't see it, something made me keep feeling like a jester was right next to me. intense, fast, very colorful. it was amazing and then the music went from shpongle to something more relaxed i like during the day and it instantly brang me back to planet earth. Oops Surprised Laughing

next i plan to test the spices on their own + with the heat up , then dump in method.

PREV12345NEXT»