We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
New to salvia but wanting to use for lucid dreaming Options

cyristvirus
#1 Posted : 5/30/2018 11:17:03 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I am pretty new to the salvia community but managed to do an interview with a guy on my podcast where he used salvia to improve his dreams. I was suggested to use the plane leaf for this. I am wondering what your opinions of this are and what is the best way to find plane leaf if that's what I should do. Would rather not trip hard on this stuff.

Thanks!

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Spiralout
#2 Posted : 5/31/2018 2:41:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey, welcome to the forum.

I've never used, or heard of using that I can remember, Salvia to aid lucid dreaming... Very interesting though.

What is the idea behind it? Do you use it right before going to sleep? Or after waking up in the middle of the night?

The best way to obtain plain leaf, like with any other plant, is to grow it yourself if possible! I'm not sure if this IS possible in your circumstance, hopefully it is, but you may want to take a look on sharetheseeds.me and you may just be able to find either a cutting or some seeds to propagate with there...

Nydex
#3 Posted : 5/31/2018 10:06:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello and welcome to the forum!

I've heard some people claim that a little bit of smoked salvia before going to sleep greatly enhanced their lucid dreaming abilities, so there may be a lot of truth in that.

If you want to learn more about salvia in general, THIS post is probably one of the best ones around on that topic!

Read on and share your findings!

PS: Please note that if you are about to grow salvia, you need to compare your climate to Mexico's. Generally, salvia grows in a very humid and usually hot environment, in the shadows of trees in the jungles. You need to replicate this environment to the best of your ability if you want salvia to thrive. I am currently growing six small cuttings and they are under a cut in half plastic bottle, so I can keep the humidity high. I spray them every day, as well as the insides of the bottles, and keep the whole installation in the shadow. Indirect sunlight is the way to go.
TRUST

LET GO

BE OPEN

Wakinyan
#4 Posted : 5/31/2018 11:43:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

cyristvirus wrote:
I am pretty new to the salvia community but managed to do an interview with a guy on my podcast where he used salvia to improve his dreams. I was suggested to use the plane leaf for this. I am wondering what your opinions of this are and what is the best way to find plane leaf if that's what I should do. Would rather not trip hard on this stuff.

Thanks!

I have been lucid dreaming since I was a young child. The trick I have found is to notice that you are dreaming and to understand that in a dream, everything and anything is possible. With that being said, I'm sure you have probably noticed that sometimes in a dream you find yourself flying, but intentionally trying to induce that may be harder for some. A good technique for that is to find a trampoline or pool of water in your dream. Begin jumping and as you get higher and higher eventually you will let go of your belief that you can't fly as it is that belief that keeps you from flying in a dream.

There are many tricks to lucid dreaming like this. However, having tried Salvia, I can't say that she is the plant I would use for lucid dreaming as her effects are very short lived. I would personally think more along the lines of Trichocereus or pejuta if you live in an area where you can do so. You would want a plant that is going to have long lasting effects ideally. Unless you plan on using a quid while you sleep, and I think that might pose a choking hazard and a dream you might not wake up from.
When I graft you graft we graft

physics envy
#5 Posted : 5/31/2018 8:53:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Depending on where you are located, you may be able to purchase some plain leaf from an online botanical shop. PM me if interested and I'll tell you about the online place I've purchased from in California. It's inexpensive and supposed to be organic...
Salvia quid enthusiast

Hector
#6 Posted : 6/1/2018 11:17:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quidding is probably the best way to administer salvia divinorum if you are using plain leaf. Just rehydrate the leaves. It is legal to purchase in some states. It can be a very peaceful experience in the low doses and I have read that oral quid can take you just as deep as the smoking experience. Personally, I have only consumed low doses though.
"The more powerful and original a mind, the more it will incline towards the religion of solitude" Aldous Huxley

cyristvirus
#7 Posted : 6/4/2018 9:52:35 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for all your responses. I have been into lucid dreaming for a long time now but just looking for alternatives. I did an interview a few years back with a guy who took salvia to induce lucid dreams and for some reason, it seems that has come back into my mind. I think that there isn't a log of good information on salvia on the internet due to its ability to cause some pretty intense hallucinations with the extracts, so no one really uses it to lucid dream. I do however agree with many of our posts saying that it can be done as well as the other articles posted in here.

I will take the time to read all of this over and appreciate the feedback.

physics envy
#8 Posted : 6/5/2018 6:50:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have been into lucid dreaming for many years as well, but I am not a 'natural' and have never been very 'good' at it in terms of frequency or depth of lucidity once lucid.

Personally, on nights when I quid salvia, I tend to sleep in a state of half-awake half-dreaming and wake up frequently thinking that I hadn't actually fallen asleep yet. It's more like I'm still tripping rather than dreaming and becoming lucid. But I could see how using salvia prior to going to bed could help some people realize they are dreaming. For me, it hasn't worked in that way, but I'm very curious to hear your results.
Salvia quid enthusiast

Chan
#9 Posted : 6/6/2018 10:00:27 AM

Another Leaf on the Vine

Nydex wrote:

PS: Please note that if you are about to grow salvia, you need to compare your climate to Mexico's. Generally, salvia grows in a very humid and usually hot environment, in the shadows of trees in the jungles. You need to replicate this environment to the best of your ability if you want salvia to thrive. I am currently growing six small cuttings and they are under a cut in half plastic bottle, so I can keep the humidity high. I spray them every day, as well as the insides of the bottles, and keep the whole installation in the shadow. Indirect sunlight is the way to go.

Mine have been doing very well, far to the north of Mexico, in a (large) bottle garden, in the bathroom, on the opposite side to the window. As soon as a plant starts to poke out, I snip the tip and plant it alongside the others. It's a nice little jungle in there now... They sulk a bit during the winter, but soon perk up again come spring.
“I sometimes marvel at how far I’ve come - blissful, even, in the knowledge that I am slowly becoming a well-evolved human being - only to have the illusion shattered by an episode of bad behaviour that contradicts the new and reinforces the old. At these junctures of self-reflection, I ask the question: “are all my years of hard work unraveling before my eyes, or am I just having an episode?” For the sake of personal growth and the pursuit of equanimity, I choose the latter and accept that, on this journey of evolution, I may not encounter just one bad day, but a group of many.”
― B.G. Bowers

Nydex
#10 Posted : 6/6/2018 10:13:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chan wrote:
Nydex wrote:

Mine have been doing very well, far to the north of Mexico, in a (large) bottle garden, in the bathroom, on the opposite side to the window. As soon as a plant starts to poke out, I snip the tip and plant it alongside the others. It's a nice little jungle in there now... They sulk a bit during the winter, but soon perk up again come spring.

I'm really glad to hear your little salvia heaven is thriving! Smile Can you post a pic?
TRUST

LET GO

BE OPEN

gibran2
#11 Posted : 6/6/2018 1:50:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

Nydex wrote:

I've heard some people claim that a little bit of smoked salvia before going to sleep greatly enhanced their lucid dreaming abilities, so there may be a lot of truth in that.

If you want to learn more about salvia in general, THIS post is probably one of the best ones around on that topic!

Actually, Salvia’s native climate is fairly dry. (See Oaxaca Weather). It is a myth that Salvia needs lots of humidity, and in fact too much humidity is harmful and can lead to rot, decay, mold, etc.

I have been growing Salvia for over 10 years, and have never used any humidity tents, misting, etc.

gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

Nydex
#12 Posted : 6/6/2018 1:55:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

gibran2 wrote:
Nydex wrote:

Actually, Salvia’s native climate is fairly dry. (See Oaxaca Weather). It is a myth that Salvia needs lots of humidity, and in fact too much humidity is harmful and can lead to rot, decay, mold, etc.

I have been growing Salvia for over 10 years, and have never used any humidity tents, misting, etc.

Hi gibran2!

Thanks for your input. I've asked around the chat several times about salvia cultivation, and most people pointed to you as being the guy with wisdom. Might I ask you to please link me a guide on growing and cultivation if you have made one? I need all info on salvia, since I am in love with this beautiful, powerful plant, and want to make sure I will be able to provide it with the best growing conditions.

Thanks a lot!
TRUST

LET GO

BE OPEN

gibran2
#13 Posted : 6/7/2018 2:05:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

Nydex wrote:

Hi gibran2!

Thanks for your input. I've asked around the chat several times about salvia cultivation, and most people pointed to you as being the guy with wisdom. Might I ask you to please link me a guide on growing and cultivation if you have made one? I need all info on salvia, since I am in love with this beautiful, powerful plant, and want to make sure I will be able to provide it with the best growing conditions.

Thanks a lot!

Salvia is very easy to grow:

Plant in a good-quality potting soil, keep the soil moist but not wet, provide lots of bright indirect light, and mostly just leave the plant alone. It knows what to do. Less is more.

And as I mentioned earlier, no humidity tents and no spraying with water.
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.