We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Alternate for crockpot in Marsofold's tek? Options

vetiarvind
#1 Posted : 10/25/2009 12:06:14 AM

Arvind

SWIM was planning on using Marsofold's Tek for his first extraction. However SWIM lives in a dorm, with no access to kitchen utilities such as a crockpot. However, SWIM has a microwave, does someone know how to modify Marsofold's Tek so SWIM can use it with a microwave?
For how long would SWIM have to keep the 1 Gallon plastic container in a microwave instead of the 2 hours in a crockpot?
This is it. This is what it was. This is what it will be.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

d*l*b
#2 Posted : 10/25/2009 1:52:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I don't think that dormitory accommodation like yours sounds like the best place to be doing an extraction! You'll need space to yourself and control over your environment for quite a few hours over several days.

That said I reckon that cooking in a pan on the hob would probably be more preferable than a plastic container in the microwave.

D × V × F > R

romiir
#3 Posted : 10/25/2009 7:00:56 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I'd recommend using time, the temperature increase of the crockpot will speed the reaction, however if you just let the stuff sit for a long time you should get similar results. You also could use a stronger acid to help break down the plant material, and freeze/thaw/freeze/thaw... the material rapidly to breakdown the plant cells before doing the extraction. All of these things can work together to avoid the crock pot.

Being on university grounds is useful in this case, use it to your advantage if you can get liquid helium or nitrogen. Shatter the plants cell walls with rapid freezing and thawing then do an extraction over a number of days rather then rushing it with the crock pot. You also can heat your 3rd pull to reflux on the stove to ensure the best yield.

Keep in mind any particle size larger then 1mm will hurt yield, break that plant apart!

The crock pot isn't required IMHO.

Best of luck! Let us know how it goes!

Noman
#4 Posted : 10/25/2009 9:24:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'd just buy a crock pot for my room. Mine cost ten bucks new - they'll be on sale this time of year, and they're even cheaper at the thrift store. It's a good thing to have, especially if one has no kitchen, since it's self contained. You can even cook with them too when not extracting bark - dump a couple cans of beans and a can of tomatos over a ham hock and a chopped onion, stir in some chili powder, and go to class. You'll come home to some great grub, way better than anything you'll zap in the microwave. Anyway, getting a crock pot will be easier than anything you'll go through trying to get around getting one if you don't have a stove or hot plate.
If you decide to do this, be sure to come back here for harm reduction tips on containment and ventilation, a little can go a long way towards keeping your ass out of the can.

mumbles
#5 Posted : 11/2/2009 2:17:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You shouldnt be messing with solvents in that type of living space, someone will either get sick or turn you in. Now with that out of the way just buy an electric hotplate and a cheap stainless steel stockpot.

Infundibulum
#6 Posted : 11/2/2009 2:43:25 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

romiir wrote:
Being on university grounds is useful in this case, use it to your advantage if you can get liquid helium or nitrogen. Shatter the plants cell walls with rapid freezing and thawing then do an extraction over a number of days rather then rushing it with the crock pot. You also can heat your 3rd pull to reflux on the stove to ensure the best yield.

So you suggest the guy to further jeopardising the extraction by using the facilities of the university? Or you suggest the person takes a canister of liquid nitrogen at home to work with. In either case, lame.

Plus, you should be aware that rapid freezing (like using liquid nitrogen) does NOT shatter the plant cells. Cells rupture after slow freezing which allows for water expansion and crystal formation. The fact that cells do NOT burst with quick freezing (as you suggest) is very well used in the labs for the preservation of cell cultures, embryos, oocytes or other tissues that you want to freeze but recover in the future.

Please be more careful with the advice you give. You put people in additional danger for no benefit at all, ok?

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

WSaged
#7 Posted : 11/2/2009 5:15:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Trying to extract DMT in a dorm room is just plain ass stupid!!!!

Sorry if that's a little blunt, but that room you are in is owned by the college, not you!!
In other words, you have no real rights to privacy while living there because you are living in housing owned by the college, at their digression.

If you do a little research, you'll find that 95% (if not more) of the few DMT busts that have happened, have been because of some idiot trying to extract DMT in a freaking dorm room, or trying to sell it on a college campus & drawing unneeded & unwanted attention to themselves!!! (And the psychedelic/entheogenic community as a whole!)
Plus the fact that you are asking about how to pull this off using a microwave, shows how little you really understand about what you are doing here.
C'mon...use your head just a little bit!!

I STRONGLY suggest doing more studying while you are there at college & save the extractions till you're living in a place where you actually have rights.
And in the meantime, do some more reading on all the multiple teks out there, until you actually understand the processes you are thinking about performing.

Understanding what you are doing in each step & why you are doing it, will result in a good, clean, safe extraction!!
Just following a "recipe for making spice"...in the college's dorm room...is a good way to get yourself busted, to get DMT source plants closer to becoming watched, or just made illegal & usually results in a dirty, half-ass extraction anyway!!

If DMT is going to keep gaining popularity among younger more inexperienced people, We've got to be a little smarter than this please!!!

WS
All posts are fictional short stories depicting the adventures of WSaged!! None of these events have actually happened and any resemblance to any real persons or incidents is totally coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!

SnozzleBerry
#8 Posted : 11/2/2009 7:39:49 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

As a fellow collegiate member, and hopefully soon to be graduate (gotta beat the honor court first...otherwise it's gonna be another semester...fuckin' alcohol policies, i mean really, at 3 in the AM how the fuck am I representing the university???...but i digress...) allow me to say this:

You Are A F*!@ing Moron

I'm sorry to have to have put it so bluntly, but stop and think about what you're doing. I mean really?? really???? this seems like a good idea to you? Jesus man, dorm-room weed dealers have enough trouble keeping their shit quiet and you're trying to do an extraction that not only requires a kitchen setup at least, which you obviously don't have in your room, but also solvents that smell like all fuck compared to what you generally smell in a dorm. Why? Seriously, are you retarded?

allow me to catch my breath as right now I'm a little horrified and have lost my civil nature. *Sigh* here we go: You, my friend are going to get yourself in a world of trouble. I don't ask you to refrain from this out of my concern for your own personhood, by all means, do what you will. I am just anticipating the future, when I type my weekly DMT query into google news and discover that DMT is being given a whole lot more media attention cuz some kid was caught in his dormitory kitchen (which affords you no privacy whatsoever) extracting dmt. I mean, as long as you've entered the realm where this seems like a viable option, why have you not considered buying a crockpot and portable electric burner and doing it in your room? I live in a six-person house currently and i'll tell you right now, with the amount of people coming through my house, friends, studybuddies, etc. you can bet your ass that if I run out of my summer-extracted spice I'll be doing future extractions in my room with a completely remote setup. Doing illegal things in a public space, especially in a community like a dorm is incredibly dumb. plain and simple, you have no safety, you have no defense, you will get caught and you will go to jail. There's a lot of other things I really want to say to you, but I'm having a really hard time not losing my shit, so I'm gonna follow my momma's advice and not say anything more on this subject.

But please, rethink what you're doing and where you could wind up. Does being Bubba's personal ankle-grabbing appliance and waking up in your cell every morning to the call of "touch your toes sunshine" sound appealing? If yes, by all means continue. If not, wait til you got a living situation that allows it. Shit, I know I did. I got the fuck outta the dorms after freshman year and never looked back, since then I've grown, extracted, and experimented to my hearts content; sounds like you might wanna do the same.
Wiki โ€ข Attitude โ€ข FAQ
The Nexian โ€ข Nexus Research โ€ข The OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
ื’ื ื–ื” ื™ืขื‘ื•ืจ

ismokecrystals
#9 Posted : 11/2/2009 8:03:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You guys are all assholes, get off your high horse.

For dorm cooking, I wouldn't bother with an A/B
try a STB
http://tinyurl.com/yf6jxj8

sry for the tinyurl, the forum's wiki links keep breaking my link cause of the MHRB in it. that links to mycotopia.

However, if you're not smart enough to do your own research on the TEKs then you probably aren't smart enough to keep out of jail. Good luck!

SnozzleBerry
#10 Posted : 11/3/2009 4:24:13 AM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

it's not a high horse. This strikes me as quite similar to the reasons people flag youtube videos. i feel like this is a propagandistic newsreel waiting to happen. I know people who have gotten thrown out of dorms for much less sketchy (relatively) things than even a STB entails.
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
ื’ื ื–ื” ื™ืขื‘ื•ืจ

vetiarvind
#11 Posted : 11/3/2009 11:14:51 PM

Arvind

It's like a dorm room, but it's owned by a trust and not the college(in essence it's SWIM's room and has full rights over it). SWIM was not planning on being a campus dealer either.
SWIM has ruled out Marsofold's tek for now, because of the inherent dangers, and might go with QT or with a STB. Thanks for the advise and brickbats.
Peace.

This is it. This is what it was. This is what it will be.

SnozzleBerry
#12 Posted : 11/4/2009 7:27:26 PM

omnia sunt communia!

You're very welcome (brickbats are a personal specialty; I got an area in my basement where I mold, fire, and store them for occasions like this Wink )

Now, I have no desire to argue, I merely wish to state a few things pertinent to college life. First, regardless of who owns the "dorm", if you're located on campus, you fall under collegiate jurisdiction. More importantly, you're surrounded by other people, many of whom probably fall into the category of those who would not be cool with you extracting "dangerous, illegal drugs that require chemicals similar to meth production" (as these are common perceptions of DMT among the uninformed). My point as to campus dealing was that it's a lot more discrete than an extraction and there are still many people who get caught for drug-related activities in such living arrangements. Finally, you're talking about microwaving your bark solution...Rolling eyes...microwaves are great for ramen and other dorm-food staples but I wouldn't recommend using one for an extraction.

This just seems like bad news all around. Your extraction will stink up your communal living quarters and arouse suspicion as to what you could possibly be doing. Regardless of what it is technically labelled, if you are in a group living situation doing an extraction is ill-advised, ESPECIALLY if you lack the proper equipment to do such an extraction.
ื’ื ื–ื” ื™ืขื‘ื•ืจ