We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
hello everyone, complete and utter novice here! Options

Macre
#21 Posted : 10/22/2009 10:46:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

acolon_5 wrote:
Phosphoric acid is a good acid to use...I think it works a lot better than vinegar.

I have been contemplating my acid for a little while now, I was going to use vinegar. Would I be better off with citric or tartaric acid?

Also, I managed to source some pH down which is 81% phosphoric acid. Would this suffice, or should I look for something more concentrated?

Peace and Kind Regards,

Macre.
All things stated within this website by myself are expressly intended for entertainment purposes only.

All people in general, and users of this site are encouraged by myself, other members, and DMT-Nexus, to know and abide by the laws of the jurisdiction in which they are situated.

I, other members, and DMT-Nexus, do not condone or encourage the use, supply, or production of illegal drugs or controlled substances in any way whatsoever.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

ozora
#22 Posted : 11/2/2009 9:22:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ok another update, and a cry for help!

i finally decided i'd expired my original extraction of the 1 kilo of mhrb when the final naphtha pull only yielded .3g, a combined total of about 8g altogether.

however bearing in mind acolon_5's kind and detailed response earlier in this thread in which he stated this was infact a low yield i decided to go hunting again with the mhrb i'd retained.

so yesterday i stuck it back in the pot and boiled it up two times, each for an hour and half using phosphoric acid at ph4 and reduced the combined bark tea down to 1 litre and then basified with 100g of sodium hydroxide.

then i appear to have messed up!

instead of adding 150ml of new naphtha i accidently picked up the tin with old stuff i'd used previously on the original pulls, shook it up in the jerry can containing the still hotish basified bark tea, did a pull and got this...

it was instantly milkyish in colour but with odd waxy looking yellow bits in it and even some white strandy bits. i'm guessing there's goodness in there too though, or hoping!

anyway, realising my mistake i did another two pulls using fresh naphtha one of 150ml and the last one of 200ml, these two combined can be seen in the bowl on the left...

i stuck both lots in the freezer thinking it would be interesting to see what happens after a freeze precip.

my curiousity however has got the better of me and i've just had a peek in the freezer and it would appear there's very little forming in the bowl with the fresh naphtha pulls. it's almost as if any dmt which was in the basified solution had immediately migrated into the pull with the tainted and old naphtha. looking at this one (it's now in a bowl rather than the wine glass above) it appears to have seperated into two layers...

a clearish layer at the top and at the bottom is a layer of yellowish/white stuff which is consistant right round the bottom of the bowl. without disturbing it i cant tell of this has solidified or if its still a liquid, it certainly doesn't look anything like the nice white bits i've seen forming on the side of the bowl in previous succesful attempts!

so....

have i messed up completely?

is it the fact that i used old naphtha that's caused this profound affect?

is what i've got saveable at all and should i continue with a freeze precip of it over the normal course of 3 days or would it be a waste of time?

here's hoping for some answers, regardless i'm more than a little intrigued to see what materilises out the freezer come wednesday!

thanks once again for putting up with my ramblings, take it easy one and all!

:-)

Noman
#23 Posted : 11/3/2009 8:54:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'd say just evap all of the used naptha and clean that up from there, and add as much salt as the remaining aqueous will dissolve and extract once more with new naptha or, even better, toluene.
Then you're done.

Noman
#24 Posted : 11/3/2009 8:55:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Macre wrote:
acolon_5 wrote:
Phosphoric acid is a good acid to use...I think it works a lot better than vinegar.

Also, I managed to source some pH down which is 81% phosphoric acid. Would this suffice, or should I look for something more concentrated?

That should work fine.

ozora
#25 Posted : 11/4/2009 5:04:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Noman wrote:
I'd say just evap all of the used naptha and clean that up from there, and add as much salt as the remaining aqueous will dissolve and extract once more with new naptha or, even better, toluene.
Then you're done.

once again thanks very much your help mr Noman, both in this thread and via pm, it's very much appreciated!

i've took the bowl out of the freezer now and decanted the contents back into the big wine glass to evaporate, i'm guessing this will take a little while, but i'm in no hurry, although i am keen to try and salvage something from this if for no other reason than to gain further experience. tne contents which have settled at the bottom are hard to describe, but i'll try! they appear to be a congealed mass of waxy/fatty type stuff but also with a 'silty' appearance too. for what it's worth it might also be worth noting that in the 24 hours or so it's been out the freezer the dirty naphtha has evap'd about 4 or 5mm down the glass and has left a very fine but inconsistant layer of 'yellowish' coloured powder behind. maybe contaminated goodies?? gonna be interesting to see if the stuff at the bottom solidifies once all the naphtha has gone.

onwards and upwards!

:-)

PREV12