We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Wiki Workthread Options

blue.magic
#21 Posted : 5/26/2018 5:42:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Many of us would be pleased to see this issue worked out.

YEAH! Thumbs up

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

pitubo
#22 Posted : 5/27/2018 12:08:57 AM

dysfunctional word machine

My login to the wiki still works. If you have any pressing changes, I can help by making the appropriate edits.

EDIT: I can login, but I cannot submit any changes, due to the problem highlighted by downwardsfromzero. Sad

muladharma
#23 Posted : 5/27/2018 6:14:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

pitubo wrote:
My login to the wiki still works. If you have any pressing changes, I can help by making the appropriate edits.

It seems like the reagent color tables are broken in the wiki: https://wiki.dmt-nexus.m...rimetric_reagent_results

By broken I mean plenty of shortcodes, not being parsed or something. Like this:

wiki wrote:
size=6][color=red

instead of:

wiki wrote:

JWH-250 Marquis - Red, fading to orange over time Mecke - Orange Mandellin - Dark grey-brown

AM-694 Marquis - Brown/yellow, hints of green Mecke - grey/brown Mandellin - Dark red-brown

CP-47,497 Marquis - Red/orange Mecke - Blue, fading over time. Mandellin - Brown

CP-55,940 Marquis - red/orange Mecke - Blue-green, fading over time Mandellin - Brown

I remember this being like that across multiple browsers.
Find the wisdom to practice loving-kindness.

pitubo
#24 Posted : 5/27/2018 4:39:49 PM

Hmmm, I was actually thinking more along the lines of "is there any notably bad data that needs correcting", not "is there a heap of tedious reformatting". But I went and put in some sweat anyway. Only to find out about the dreaded keycaptcha problem that downwardfromzero mentioned reared its ugly head when I tried to submit my changes and got stuck Mad

Now I am annoyed. I will append the changed article to this post so I don't have to type all that again when the wiki is fixed. When that happens, I'll submit it there and edit it out of this post.

BTW the wiki could really use some lovin':

- The last new user was created on 23 February 2016 at 22:04.
- Since that date, the only real activity has been made by The Traveler, updating the Attitude Page and deleting spammer accounts.
- There are 6,429 registered users, most of whom never contributed anything.
- Of the users who are listed as contributors, most seem to have no contributions anyway when you check their contributions link.
- And then some who actually contributed, contributed little actual value or simply misunderstand the use and purpose of the wiki(example) (example) (example)
- The starter of this thread, Amor Fati even removed a notable contribution altogether because of "change of plans" (check the history of this article)

EDIT: applied the saved changes

pitubo
#25 Posted : 5/31/2018 11:34:29 PM

Okay, the wiki has been fixed by The Traveler, yay!

Changes were made, the page looks a bit better now, more reformatting will be forthcoming. I need to learn some more mediawiki basics.

PsyDuckmonkey
#26 Posted : 12/30/2018 1:58:32 PM

witch

Hey Nexians. I have kinda adopted the Hyperspace Lexicon page, reformatted it with proper wikilinks, and completed a lot of past due additions.

Now there are a few really, really pressing issues that need fixing. These are, in my opinion, the following, in order of importance:

1. Fix email sending engine. Most registrations fail because you cannot register on the Wiki if you provide an email address. You can register, paradoxically, if you leave it empty. Alternatively, if a SSO plugin exists for Mediawiki that could use the forum logins, that would be even better.

2. Add a big wiki contribution howto to the opening page, with a basic Mediawiki formatting reference.

3. Either fix the Wikipedia transclusion template, or delete all pages that are just stubs to transclude the same page from Wikipedia. (There are SO MANY of these, and all of them are broken!)

Personally I think they should all be deleted. Having so many pages we don't actually manage just makes handling the wiki unnecessarily hard. When linking to something not specific to the Nexus, we can link to Wikipedia directly.

4. Add proper wiki management templates: a deletion template, a stub / fixme template, etc.
Do you believe in the THIRD SUMMER OF LOVE?

PREV12