We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV1011121314NEXT
Extracting DMT with ethanol, vinegar and sodium carbonate Options

pastanostra
#221 Posted : 2/5/2018 5:07:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello There,

We tried this method on Acacia Simplex Trunk Bark, looking for a way without lye.

We have done this tek 2 times, the first on 25g middly powdered bark, the second on 50g finelly powdered bark.

In the first batch, we f****** the 2 first pull with excess sodium carbonate and leaved them. A 3rd pull with ethanol has been done and evaped it.
During evaporation, oil appeared. We putted inside harbs for infusing (weed, damiana, mint leaves). Theses herbs were well infused, so we measured 200mg of theses herbs, smoked it in a join with 2 ppl. 1 toke turn the join, let the smoke in the lungs until join come back.
In 3 toke, everybody felt the effect, Smooth, deep, a bit visual and effects lasted more thank just DMT, the body was more loaded or grounded. The product smell DMT, but many things more.

On the second batch, 2 pull have been done with IPA, then tthe 2 pull filtered 3 times. Evaped the combined pull and got this :

This extract (1,5g) was oil that solidify with air during scrapping (like the result in the stb extraction) and stated as solid until now at room temp. The aspect of this extract, we can see (not in the photo) some small light from xtalz, it's a bit fatty as if you take a little between the finger it become like butter then it disappear (absorbed i think) letting a nice smelling (unlike freebase dmt).
This has not been bio assayed yet, just evap test (like vaping conditions), it melt not easily as dmt, it evap slowly then let some dark residue. The smell is principaly sweet flower, smooth smoke, then deep old man.

Beside this we smoked 3/4 join with this herbs, and everybody seems to say that it was more profound, mostly body intensive (you're like a tree) and bit visuals(as it was small doses).

We gonna take a look with a bit of product for washing it.
This tek seem definitely a good path to explore.

Cheers all.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

downwardsfromzero
#222 Posted : 2/5/2018 6:57:38 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Great that you're doing this, Pastanostra!

If you want to go truly bio-regional it may be worth trying wood ash as your source of base. Mixing that with burnt seashells (mostly calcium hydroxide) would make for quite strong to very strong base (mixed hydroxides of sodium and potassium). Then again, KOH is rather soluble in ethanol so you'd need a less polar solvent instead.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

pastanostra
#223 Posted : 2/14/2018 12:10:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you Downwardsfromzero,

Wich solvent is supposed to work well with KOH and wood ash ?

downwardsfromzero
#224 Posted : 2/14/2018 12:40:26 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

pastanostra wrote:
Thank you Downwardsfromzero,

Wich solvent is supposed to work well with KOH and wood ash ?

In keeping with the bio-regional theme, I can only suggest your local hydrocarbon-rich essential oil (orange/lemon oil?). Or keep the wood ash and burnt shells separate, then you won't have to worry about KOH.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

skoobysnax
#225 Posted : 2/24/2018 5:12:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SO I recently worked a version of this again with MHRB, basically I did a q21q21 prep of the material. (I did heat the acid phase a bit in a double boiler) Dehydrated to a powder and pulled 3X with Everclear. Let this settle after filtering and decanting and then poured in a tray. I got approx 680mg of beige goo which after scraping a few days thickened but never crystallized . I then dissolved this into just enough 99% IPA to let any residual lime settle to the bottom and decanted into a clean tray. After a couple days an orange goo was left which I dissolved into IPA with 200mg of clean rue harmalas. I used a based of 300mg mullien and 300mg hops flowers. This produced the very best changa I have EVER made. I call it the Teacher of White Light Blend. The morning I tested this I expected a light tryptamine glow and instead of dipping my toes I fell into the ocean of a deep teacher trip. Next time i will do more pulls because I now this bark can yield a gram per 50g with Cybs tek.

I love this because at the end I can take everything to the compost guilt free. It takes some time to get from start to finish but after the last deep experience when I took this into ceremony this it just feels like the way for me now.

I wish a version would get into the wiki. It deserves it.

Marijuana, LSD, psilocybin, and DMT they all changed the way I see
But love's the only thing that ever saved my life - Sturgill Simpson "Turtles all the Way Down"

Why am I here?

Eaglepath
#226 Posted : 5/2/2018 8:11:47 AM

I rather root my values in my own hallucinations than in society´s neurotic illusions..

After trying ”natural” approaches before with extreme failure I got inspired by this thread and did an experiment. This time it worked Thank you endlessness! I love Changa and this will be the tek I use in the future.
100g MHRB was used

1. Acid cook ph 3-4 with lemon acid. (around 5 hours), evaporate down to a mud.
2. 100g Sodium carbonate was added after cooled. This was then dried completely.
3. The dried “stuff” was then placed in a blender with around 500ml of 99% Ethanol.
4. I then left it 24 hours with some periodical shaking. And a little hot water bath sometimes.
5. Decanted then the liquid as good I could without getting to much of the base.
6. Filtered and then evap resulted in some dark goo base dmt mix.
7. Re dissolved this in warm ethanol, filtered and let that sit for a while in room temp, then the fridge, filtered and evap once again and are now left with 2,3g of truly amazing smelling black reddish tar. This will be re-dissolved in acetone and evaporated into some herbs.
Eaglepath attached the following image(s):
20180502_090031.jpg (2,449kb) downloaded 491 time(s).
"Too cute to live, too cozy to die" - Eaglepath

dreamer042
#227 Posted : 5/2/2018 4:11:00 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

dissolve that in a minimal amount of acidic water, filter, evap the water.

re-base with a mimimal amount of sodium carbonate, pull into fresh ethanol, filter, evap the ethanol

Your end result will significantly cleaner and much moar suitable for smoalking. Thumbs up
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

Eaglepath
#228 Posted : 5/2/2018 4:57:48 PM

I rather root my values in my own hallucinations than in society´s neurotic illusions..

dreamer042 wrote:
dissolve that in a minimal amount of acidic water, filter, evap the water.

re-base with a mimimal amount of sodium carbonate, pull into fresh ethanol, filter, evap the ethanol

Your end result will significantly cleaner and much moar suitable for smoalking. Thumbs up

I already dissolved half of it into warm acetone which evaporates now over some Caapi, Minth and some Passion flower leaves.. It left a lot of dark goo melted to the bottom of the jar, also filtered. If the smoke of this is hard then I guess I start over with the approach you mentioned.

With the other half I will try what you wrote tomorrowSmile Thank you!!

Eaglepath
#229 Posted : 5/6/2018 10:29:26 AM

I just tried a little bit of the enhanced leaves I did with this "natural" procedure. The smoke is so much smoother than if to do it with spice extracted with chemicals. I even smoked it in a normal pipe which I never do otherwise with Changa where I always use a bong with water.

I just took a tiny bit of leaves and the familiar feeling came present..(it also reminded me why you never shall take this in tiny dosages, just confusing)

This procedure has "paradigm shifted" me.. This will be the only approach in the future, no more lye and gasoline..

Works perfect for enhanced leaves: you do not really need anything else.
Works perfect for Changa: you do not really need anything else.Smile

Ps, the chemical dmt taste will not disappear no matter how you extract it seems.. Always thinking there is some hexano or lye left when I smoke, but its the same with this procedure.. still the new shoe/plastic taste.. we just have to love it!Smile

endlessness
#230 Posted : 5/6/2018 11:08:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for sharing your results! Smile

The nasty taste of DMT is in a big part related to the degradation compounds formed during combustion. That is why vaporizing methods such as the green buddha or GVG are recommended over smoking.

Be well, friends!

Eaglepath
#231 Posted : 5/6/2018 11:49:10 AM

endlessness wrote:
Thanks for sharing your results! Smile

The nasty taste of DMT is in a big part related to the degradation compounds formed during combustion. That is why vaporizing methods such as the green buddha or GVG are recommended over smoking.

Be well, friends!

Thanks for inspiring me!Smile

I had the VG but found it very difficult to get the symbiosis between lighting and inhaling.. i often burned the spice which created the possible worst smoke ever experienced.. And the long cleaning procedure between was a little bit to much for me, but guess I will have to give it another try with enhanced leaves and Changa.

I wish a beautiful day! Peace.

skoobysnax
#232 Posted : 5/28/2018 5:16:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

To be honest a second dissolve in 99%IPA and decanting the settled sollids away from the solvent cleans it up perfectly for changa. I warm the alk infused IPA in a double boiler add harmalas and go striaght to changa herbs boiling off as much IPA as I can before drying. Smooth and floral in the bonga. Try hops and mullien for the leaves. My new fav combo.
Marijuana, LSD, psilocybin, and DMT they all changed the way I see
But love's the only thing that ever saved my life - Sturgill Simpson "Turtles all the Way Down"

Why am I here?

Eaglepath
#233 Posted : 5/29/2018 8:48:27 AM

skoobysnax wrote:
To be honest a second dissolve in 99%IPA and decanting the settled sollids away from the solvent cleans it up perfectly for changa. I warm the alk infused IPA in a double boiler add harmalas and go striaght to changa herbs boiling off as much IPA as I can before drying. Smooth and floral in the bonga. Try hops and mullien for the leaves. My new fav combo.

I did this skoobysnax(haha the name!Smile ) works perfectly!

endlessness
#234 Posted : 5/29/2018 9:19:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Eaglepath wrote:

Thanks for inspiring me!Smile

I had the VG but found it very difficult to get the symbiosis between lighting and inhaling.. i often burned the spice which created the possible worst smoke ever experienced.. And the long cleaning procedure between was a little bit to much for me, but guess I will have to give it another try with enhanced leaves and Changa.

I wish a beautiful day! Peace.

Was that the GVG or the wood VG? With the wood ones it's harder to find the right spot, with the glass you can easily judge by the thickness of the vapor, as soon as you see vapor coming, you take the lighter farther away.

Loveall
#235 Posted : 5/30/2018 4:59:52 AM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

skoobysnax wrote:

Good to know. I have hops coming up on the side of the house Big grin

By the way, I think your avatar moves it's eyes and looks at me after I take mushrooms. I wonder how it knows...Wink
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

Eaglepath
#236 Posted : 5/30/2018 7:55:38 AM

Code:
By the way, I think your avatar moves it's eyes and looks at me after I take mushrooms. I wonder how it knows...Wink
endlessness    

Hahahaha

Code:
Was that the GVG or the wood VG? With the wood ones it's harder to find the right spot, with the glass you can easily judge by the thickness of the vapor, as soon as you see vapor coming, you take the lighter farther away.

It was the wood one! Would you recommend trying the gvg? Is it worth the money? Does it works good for Changa as well? 5 meo (frog vax)? Im trying the E-juice approach soon.

endlessness
#237 Posted : 5/30/2018 9:42:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey friend!

Yeah I definitely recommend trying the GVG.. IMO it was def worth the money, you just gotta be careful not to break it Very happy

Another advantage of it over the classic VG is how easy it is to clean by running some vinegar or alcohol.. There are also some sticks they sell to help clean which are good too

It does work for changa, though iirc the harmala boiling point was higher so theoretically you'd have to go a bit stronger on the fire. At least I remember people mentioning it but I also remember having success with changa on it no problem.

I never tried the e-liquid approach for DMT, and never tried 5-MeO-DMT on the GVG either, but I'd imagine it works too.

#238 Posted : 5/30/2018 10:45:15 AM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

I also wanted to add on about the VG.

I used to have the classic wood VG, though I pretty quickly gave it up due to the design and minimal volume of vapor able to be passed through within a short amount of time. Seems like it always took quite a bit of effort to get big thick tokes. The hole within the mouth piece is also fairly small too.

The GVG design (I'm pretty sure) has a greater internal volume and/or design versus the VG, like a decent amount moar..

I mean just for reference ..I can get the whole dose pretty much in 1 toke through the GVG, sometimes 2 hits, and this is done fairly easily. The VG always had felt like I was struggling to get enough within the time window.

The best analogy I can give is like sucking through a straw versus a garden hose. Was a big big difference ime.

To me they're almost two entirely different methods of delivery, given their design/s

<3

Eaglepath
#239 Posted : 6/9/2018 8:16:51 AM

tatt wrote:
I also wanted to add on about the VG.

I used to have the classic wood VG, though I pretty quickly gave it up due to the design and minimal volume of vapor able to be passed through within a short amount of time. Seems like it always took quite a bit of effort to get big thick tokes. The hole within the mouth piece is also fairly small too.

The GVG design (I'm pretty sure) has a greater internal volume and/or design versus the VG, like a decent amount moar..

I mean just for reference ..I can get the whole dose pretty much in 1 toke through the GVG, sometimes 2 hits, and this is done fairly easily. The VG always had felt like I was struggling to get enough within the time window.

The best analogy I can give is like sucking through a straw versus a garden hose. Was a big big difference ime.

To me they're almost two entirely different methods of delivery, given their design/s

<3

Seems like I need to buy the gvg you convinced meSmile I feel exactly the same about the VG.

some one
#240 Posted : 4/4/2019 9:43:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm reading positive results in the last posts. Which means this method has developed into a working tek.

Can someone write an executive summery?

So everyone wanting to learn the best way to achieve good results needn't need to go over 12 pages of experimentation.

Very happy
some = one | here = some | there = one

«PREV1011121314NEXT