We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Hi Guys 🌈 Options

Spectrumgirl
#1 Posted : 5/21/2018 3:56:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello all. I’m really excited to be here! I’m very new to the world of psychedelics substances. Interestingly though I’m somewhat familiar with the experiences. I’ve always have very vivid dreams, visions, and sights that many I know compare to their trips. I came to be aware of my vivid dreams and second sight quite young. My mind has always worked differently than other people. It’s almost like I never got caught in a lot of brain dead illusions. I wish to explore this part of myself more through the use of psychedelics.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Exitwound
#2 Posted : 5/21/2018 4:06:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome and good luck with exploration! Smile

Wakinyan
#3 Posted : 5/23/2018 4:11:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Spectrumgirl wrote:
Hello all. I’m really excited to be here! I’m very new to the world of psychedelics substances. Interestingly though I’m somewhat familiar with the experiences. I’ve always have very vivid dreams, visions, and sights that many I know compare to their trips. I came to be aware of my vivid dreams and second sight quite young. My mind has always worked differently than other people. It’s almost like I never got caught in a lot of brain dead illusions. I wish to explore this part of myself more through the use of psychedelics.

I can definitely relate to the powerful vivid dreams and visions. I started lucid dreaming as a young child and had waking visions as well. Some of them induced by going without food, water, or sleep over a period of 4 days... The mind is indeed a powerful tool. Welcome!
When I graft you graft we graft

endlessness
#4 Posted : 5/28/2018 11:31:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome to the Nexus!

Have you tried any psychedelic yet? Or are you planning to? If so, what substance and what kind of context?

Dreams and other non-drug altered states are certainly interesting. Im not sure if you can say they are equivalent to psychedelic experiences, I think each thing has its own place and unique untransferable characteristics, but either way they are all experiences that help us learn a little bit more about consciousness and reality.

Regarding dreams, what kind of memorable vivid (lucid? ) dream story can you tell us?

Spiralout
#5 Posted : 5/29/2018 2:50:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome Thumbs up

Wakinyan
#6 Posted : 5/29/2018 4:38:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:
Welcome to the Nexus!

Have you tried any psychedelic yet? Or are you planning to? If so, what substance and what kind of context?

Dreams and other non-drug altered states are certainly interesting. Im not sure if you can say they are equivalent to psychedelic experiences, I think each thing has its own place and unique untransferable characteristics, but either way they are all experiences that help us learn a little bit more about consciousness and reality.

Regarding dreams, what kind of memorable vivid (lucid? ) dream story can you tell us?

Have you ever been on a traditional vision quest where you don't eat, drink, or sleep for 4 days? I ask as having done this ceremony many times as well as having been to many peyote ceremonies that the experience is indeed just as powerful.

As pertains to other experiences, I can understand where you might think the way you do, but I would still have to disagree with you. Mind you, I'm coming from a background that utilizes both non-plant medicine altered states as well as states that use pejuta to alter ones consciousness.

Take a yuwipi ceremony for example, no medicinal plants are used other than sweet grass, sage, cedar, and tobacco. However, within minutes of going into one of those ceremonies it is not uncommon to see spirits moving about the room.
When I graft you graft we graft

endlessness
#7 Posted : 5/29/2018 7:59:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey friend!

Please do notice I never said the non-drug-induced experiences aren't as powerful or deep. i even said you can learn and gain from both. I just said I am not sure they are the equivalent...

As a silly example, but did you ever see a fractal self transforming jester making jokes with impossible hyperspace cubes in his hands while on sleep/food deprivation? I haven't. I've seen other weird things though Smile

If really everything was the exact same, then why take any psychedelic at all? Why not just stay with your non-psychedelic experiences? I guess because they offer something unique, no? This doesn't diminish from the other experiences. In fact, IMO everything works better when you have different complementary paths to self-exploration like psychedelics, martial arts, relationships, difficult life experiences, stimulus deprivation, yoga, music, etc...

I'd like to think of it like venn diagrams, where some parts overlap ,but others not. But it all might be a part of your set of tools to know more about yourself and the world Smile

Eaglepath
#8 Posted : 5/29/2018 8:46:39 AM

I rather root my values in my own hallucinations than in society´s neurotic illusions..

WElcome girlie!Smile
"Too cute to live, too cozy to die" - Eaglepath

psychosomaticon
#9 Posted : 5/29/2018 9:24:39 AM
DMT-Nexus member

welcome Smile im also on the spectrum so im sure well get along great