We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Extraction Question Options

DeltaSpice
#1 Posted : 5/28/2018 9:06:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi, apologies if this is a stupid question. I say that because I just thought of it and have not really thought it through yet.

I am doing a vine extraction today and the thought crossed my mind what would happen if I dropped some Chaliponga leaves in the cooking pot with the vine ?

I know that I would be making Ayahuasca but what would happen when I basify it ? what would fall out? Vine Alks yes but would there be any DMT crashing out?

Thanks Smile

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Nereus
#2 Posted : 5/28/2018 10:08:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Edit: I understood your formulation a bit wrong, thinking that non polar pulls will take place after the basing stage, regardless of knowing the solubility issues of harmala alkaloids Surprised

In this case using lye to base up to the required PH at which dmt crashes, collect precipitate and further purify might work...

There is the possibility that more things will crash out from the chali ime. Drytek and stb without added defatting always yields an oily/resinous mess. It can be cleaned up but not sure it's worth it. I've had chali with 0.2% potency... not really worth extracting it in small batches. More of a brew admixture.

Also how would you test for the presence of each type of alkaloids in your end product to find out the procedure efficiency?

blue.magic
#3 Posted : 5/28/2018 11:01:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes all alkaloids will crash out from basic solution, though DMT requires somewhat higher pH than harmala alkaloids I think.

So it's better to either do separate extraction as it's much cleaner or if you hesitate to make full spectrum ayahuasca extract, an alcoholic extraction of the mix might be your best bet.