We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
My Harmine&Harmaline extraction tek Options

httpwww860860
#1 Posted : 5/27/2018 4:00:37 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi,
Just like to share my experience on the Harmalas extraction, I have done the extraction from Syrian rue seeds for a while, and got reasonable yield each time.

Basically, this is not a TEK, I would say it is just some improvements based on the TEK found on dmt-nexus [1].

If you are familiar with the Harmalas extraction, here are some points may help you. The detail extraction procedures will come later.

1. Stainless steel mesh #400
The #400 mesh is used on the most of the stainless steel coffee filter. I use the mesh on filtering freebase/HCl.
The advantage of using the mesh is that it's easier to dry it and collect the final product.
While filtering the freebase/HCl, you can fold the mesh like the following.

After the filtering done, you can flatten the mesh and dry it.
After the product is completely dried. You don't need to scrape the product with blade.
You just need to rub the mesh, the product will fall easily. Very easy to collect the product.

2. Make hot both of Syrian rue seeds tea and NaOH solution before mix.
I will heat both solution nearly boiling before mix.
I found the hotter the solution is the bigger freebase crystal we got.
Bigger crystal is easier to be captured by mesh while filtering.

While freebase is stayed in the mesh, I will wash freebase with clean water. This will wash out most of the lye solution. By observing the water fall from the mesh, the cleaner the water is the cleaner freebase we got.

3. While we have collected the wet freebase crystal, just add minimal vinegar(~50ml) to it, then filter the solution, don't dilute vinegar with water. The higher concentration of Harmalas salt the better HCl crystal will form afterward.

4. Again, heat both of Harmalas salt solution and NaCl saturated water solution(near boiling).
The hotter of the solution the bigger HCl crystal we got.
The volume of the NaCl solution is roughly twice of the Harmalas salt solution.
Generally I make 50ml Harmalas salt solution and 100ml NaCl solution.
The HCl crystal will form while temperature dropped to 40~50c.

5. While filtering the Harmine&Harmaline HCl solution, wash HCl with cold clean water. This will remove most of the NaCl from final product. But usually I will just skip this, it's just salt, we need it daily somehow.(Just make sure you have washed freebase at above point 2.)

6. Recycle the solution left by filtering of HCl solution, the solution has uncertain amount of the HCl crystal which not captured by the mesh.
So I will keep the solution and saturate the solution with NaCl for my next run.

Ok, that's all.

[1] https://wiki.dmt-nexus.m...ion_and_Separation_Guide

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.