We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Harmala Glycerites Options

blue.magic
#1 Posted : 5/23/2018 12:12:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I tried to make harmala glycerite using pure harmine hydrochloride and THH hydrochloride dissolved in 75% glycerol.

I dissolved 117 mg of THH.HCl (i.e. 100 mg free base) in 1 ml of 75% glycerine / 25% water. The solution required heating and lots of mixing to dissolve everything.

Unfortunately, the HCl crystals crashed from solution when put into fridge.

I removed the tincture from the fridge to see whether the crystals redissolve but I doubt so.

Obviously, freebase harmalas are unsuitable for tinctures due to low solubility in alcohols. Harmala salt won't dissolve in pure glycerine and I had most success with traditional 3:1 glycerine:water formulation (too much water and it crashes sooner). Unfortunately, this is never stable in colder temperatures.

I would really like to use glycerine over ethanol as strong ethanol burns and hence is unsuitable for sublingual administration.

Lowering the concentration would require lots of tincture to ingest and I found one vendor selling THH glycerite with 100 mg/ml concentration - so they must have made it somehow...

Anyone has success with making harmala tinctures?

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

blue.magic
#2 Posted : 5/23/2018 12:18:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Here are the sample bottles with 1 ml solution, each containing either 100 or 117 mg of THH.HCl and different glycerine concentration. As you can see, all have crystallized if not solidified completely Sad

Also the description in said vendors site suggests the THH is in freebase form. But I never managed to fully dissolve that in glycerol solution. Is it even soluble??
blue.magic attached the following image(s):
DSC_5396.JPG (125kb) downloaded 37 time(s).