We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Introduction of me Options

motorbit
#1 Posted : 5/22/2018 6:39:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi fellow travelers!

i am new to this site and i want to introduce myself.

i think i am quite old for a new traveler, and i am also new to the world of psychedelics and entheogens. though drugs always interested me, i do not make friends easily and so i never got in contact with anything interesting except marijuana - witch i abused the shit out of for some 15 years until i decided 10 years ago that its a really bad idea to have my life revolving around weed.
since then i never bought any more then i could smoke in one evening and generally only got high rarely, especially as marijuana made me really sick even in small doses during the past years for reasons i did not understand.

now, that was then. recently i learned that lsd derivatives like 1p-lsd are actually legal in my country, and so are most entheogene plant parts as long as one does not have the intention to extract something illegal from them.

this changed a lot for me. with availability as a catalyst, i started to research psychedelics and entheogenes. i learned that that i got sick from marijuana because my fuckin idiot of neurologist did put me on venlafaxine despite he knew i had a past with thc and i never kept my occasional consume a secret. in hindsight and with what i know now i understand that i did trigger serotonin syndromes almost every time i smoked even small doses during the last few years.

anyway. after half a life time of psychologists and a decade of antidepressants i feel its time to give drugs a chance. currently i am withdrawing from venlafaxine, but this stuff is a total bitch so this takes some time. going cold turkey is unpleasant and could actually be dangerous.

i am not primarily after party experiences. i expect to be most if not all of my trips to be difficult for the foreseeable time and i am cool with that. don't get me wrong, fun is nice and i will enjoy any happiness i can find during my travels, but i am mostly in it for personal growth and healing.

my plans are to travel with 1p-lsd and pharmahuascas. i intend to use lsd in a quiet nature environment next weekend (if the weather is nice).

i will also do MHRB extraction in the future, but im not in a hurry and i wont have my setup or setting ready to do this until mid june anyway.

i am really happy i found this place, and that i was patient enough to study first and trip later. the hyperspace travel course has saved me from an almost certainly very unpleasant and dangerous experience, and the i am really grateful for the extraction teks.

so yes. greetings to all and thanks for the help!
FASCINATING

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

DmnStr8
#2 Posted : 5/24/2018 2:48:41 AM

Come what may

Welcome to the nexus!

I am happy you found this place too! I look forward to your future contributions. I am getting older too, so I can relate to that bit. I recently quit weed so I can also relate to that bit.

Write up an experience report for your upcoming weekend journey! Would love to hear about it!
"In the universe there is an immeasurable, indescribable force which shamans call intent, and absolutely everything that exists in the entire cosmos is attached to intent by a connecting link." ~Carlos Castaneda

endlessness
#3 Posted : 5/28/2018 11:56:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome to the Nexus!

Im not sure if weed+venlafaxine can cause serotonin syndrome since weed works on other receptors that arent serotonin-based. Either way what is important is that you found that mix doesnt work well for you so better avoid it indeed.

Good luck on reducing/quitting your medication if you're unhappy with it. Please consider telling your doctor or finding a more open minded doctor that can understand your decision, if that's possible.

I hope your experiences can teach you and help you further develop yourself! Do you have anybody that is interested in taking these things with you?

Be well!

motorbit
#4 Posted : 5/29/2018 1:25:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

DmnStr8 wrote:
Welcome to the nexus!

I am happy you found this place too! I look forward to your future contributions. .....
Write up an experience report for your upcoming weekend journey! Would love to hear about it!

well thank you! sadly, there is not much to report. it never really took off. it was a nice day in the park, but that was about it.

endlessness wrote:
Welcome to the Nexus!

Im not sure if weed+venlafaxine can cause serotonin syndrome since weed works on other receptors that arent serotonin-based. Either way what is important is that you found that mix doesnt work well for you so better avoid it indeed.

from what i read, thc doesn't work directly on serotonin, but activation of the canabidoid receptors increases serotonin. cbd also binds directly to the serotonin receptor.
mind you, its only stuff i found on the interwebs and i do not remotely understand it.
what i know however is: venlafaxine + weed = bad times

endlessness wrote:

Good luck on reducing/quitting your medication if you're unhappy with it. Please consider telling your doctor or finding a more open minded doctor that can understand your decision, if that's possible.

i did quit venlafaxine. still brain zaps and dissinesss. brain zaps i can live with, for some they take years to go away. dizziness sucks. might take up to 3 month to go away.
finding a different doctor will be difficult. most neurologist here wont take in new (public insured) patients. so im stuck with the one i have now. its ok i think. i think he will accept that i quit the ven, in case depressions come back, he will prescribe me something else i am sure. as for drug interactions, i will just have to pay more attention myself. dude clearly is not reliable in this regard.

endlessness wrote:

Do you have anybody that is interested in taking these things with you?

sadly no. i do have persons to talk about this, but i do not think they are interested in traveling themselves. when we talked it was mostly me defusing the popular misinformation. in the end they accepted my decision, even helped me with understanding the extraction tek. but i doubt anyone i know will travel with me.

FASCINATING

psychosomaticon
#5 Posted : 5/29/2018 9:38:05 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Welcome Smile

motorbit
#6 Posted : 5/30/2018 11:08:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

extraction worked out awesome.
i wasted most of the product in failed attempts to consume and store it, but i also had a few very powerful experiences.
i never lost the ability to reflect my situation, so i figure i only got very mild doses into my body. i lost the ability to measure my doese very early in the expirience. it was all a lot of guesswork except for the harmals to interdict mao.
also lost the ability to filter my thoughts very early. i typed like a bot on steroids on the dmt chat. dunno if i should feel bad. it was just typing. nobody is forced to read and it was mostly me reflecting on my situation.

in hinsight i am realy grateful for the questions asked from other users. even if i could not answer them at the time, in reflection i realize these questions had a great influence on my expiration
to answer the question why i do not like the alk: i dont think alk is a drug. its a poison.
certainly in very small doses poisons can have positive effects on health. but at the point where alcohol makes drunk, you are way past small dose.

so much for situation, but how did i feel?

well i felt absolutely great. this might be the very first drug i ever expirienced that does not make me depressed or melancholic.
like: you would think its physically impossible to get melancholia form mdma. i manage.
with dmt not a trace of this.

in my op i also wrote that i expected to be my travels for the foreseeable future to be difficult. i think i should reassess this. though it seems dmt is always difficult in the way that it forces one to learn, i do not think i will have difficult journeys ad defined by that oht.

what has been shown to me

mostly thoughts i threw around my head for a looong time.
i think if i ever manage to not feel ashamed for my emotions i will be cured

i am not gay. not that i think i would have minded much. but its great to finally know wow.

it might not look like much, but sexual identity finding is a core them in many psychic illness.
it took me 40 years to get this one straight. single moms with father complex make for an interesting upcoming.
FASCINATING

Nydex
#7 Posted : 5/31/2018 9:55:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome motorbit!

You seem like a very interesting dude. If you really have problems with depressions and other anxiety-related emotional states you should contact another new user called filip.zaruba , who seems to be deeply involved with 5-MeO-DMT and observed a lot of potential in curing such emotional states.

I know you will find a lot of interesting people here, and will learn a lot, also teach a lot. Be well friend. Be One. Love
TRUST

LET GO

BE OPEN

motorbit
#8 Posted : 5/31/2018 5:22:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

well tank you!
i will keep an eye out for filip.zaruba. i hope ill have the opportunity to learn from his expirience someday Smile
FASCINATING