We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Salt extraction Options

Camponotus
#1 Posted : 5/20/2018 10:41:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey there,

Maybe stupid question but I thought about something like an A/B the other way route...

Or moreover a STS I was thinking about

Soaking & heating in NPS and then extract the salt with acidic water ? (which is probably the most difficult part - using the PH and pKa's) moreover forcing the salt to the Water, (but perhaps the water isn't needed anyway?!) mhhh Surprised

(Maybe doing a "Defat" on the acidic water to extract into a better solvent to ((evaporate and freeze-precip)<- won't work probably because of the solubility of the salts - I answered myself after writing this)
(cleaning through base conversion than FASA ??? idk)

There's probably a really simple answer to why this won't work, isn't it?

Wut?
It's the job that's never started as takes longest to finish. - J.R.R. Tolkien

How long will this last, this delicious feeling of being alive, of having penetrated the veil which hides beauty and the wonders of celestial vistas? It doesn't matter, as there can be nothing but gratitude for even a glimpse of what exists for those who can become open to it. - Alexander Shulgin

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Psilosopher?
#2 Posted : 5/21/2018 9:45:14 AM

Don't Panic

Yeah, that won't work. DMT is within the cell wall of the plant cell. The cell wall is tough. Animal cells lyse pretty easily when they are bloated. But plant cells get swollen and turgid. The acidification and heat facilitates the migration of the DMT into a salt form, while lysing cells through heat allows the salt form DMT to leave the cell. Some people also use microwaves and/or the freeze-thaw method on the raw plant material to aid in the lysis. This freed DMT in salt form is then basified, and has nowhere to hide, so it just floats around in the basic solution, hence the term freebase.

Also, the salt form wont dissolve in NPS. Water is a polar solvent. NPS is a non polar solvent (duh). And the golden rule is "Like dissolves like". Polar compounds will dissolve in polar solvents. Non polar compounds dissolve in non polar solvents. Salt is an ionic compound, and prefers to stay in aqueous solution. The intermolecular forces between ions is stronger than the force between the ion and the NPS, i.e. NPS isn't strong enough to rip the ions away from each other.

Heating the plant material in NPS is not only dangerous (due to fire and ventilation risk), but also really inefficient. You'd use up a lot more NPS that way, rather than the minimal amount used in a normal A/B.

I may have messed some info up, i haven't studied chem in years. Mindlusion, ACY or benzyme can give better answers.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."

Camponotus
#3 Posted : 5/22/2018 9:23:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Psilosopher? wrote:
... The acidification and heat facilitates the migration of the DMT into a salt form, while lysing cells through heat allows the salt form DMT to leave the cell. Some people also use microwaves and/or the freeze-thaw method on the raw plant material to aid in the lysis. This freed DMT in salt form...

Also, the salt form wont dissolve in NPS. Water is a polar solvent. NPS is a non polar solvent (duh). And the golden rule is "Like dissolves like". Polar compounds will dissolve in polar solvents. Non polar compounds dissolve in non polar solvents. Salt is an ionic compound, and prefers to stay in aqueous solution.

I changed the title because I asked a bit douche like Big grin

I want to extract it in salt form without conversion as far as this would work!
I read that DMT is in tannin-salt-form abailable in the plant!?
Yeah maybe benz or some chemics can answer, too...

I will look myself as also but I‘ve got much stuff to work for by now

How long will this last, this delicious feeling of being alive, of having penetrated the veil which hides beauty and the wonders of celestial vistas? It doesn't matter, as there can be nothing but gratitude for even a glimpse of what exists for those who can become open to it. - Alexander Shulgin

Sakkadelic
#4 Posted : 5/22/2018 9:40:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Well you can just boil it in acidic water, filter, reduce, filter and evaporate the water, you'll get a crude salt extract
"Is this the end of our adventure? Nothing has an end. We came in search of the secret of immortality, to be like gods, and here we are... mortals, more human than ever. If we have not obtained immortality, at least we have obtained reality. We began in a fairytale and we came to life! But is this life reality? We are images, dreams, photographs. We must not stay here! Prisoners! We shall break the illusion. This is Maya. Goodbye to the holy mountain. Real life awaits us." ~ Alejandro Jodorowsky

Camponotus
#5 Posted : 5/22/2018 10:13:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Sakkadelic wrote:
Well you can just boil it in acidic water, filter, reduce, filter and evaporate the water, you'll get a crude salt extract

Yeah and how I would seperate the stuff I‘m interested in and clean it?
Sublimation?
Or further water extractions with different temperatures?
A defat would be possible on this crude extract if I‘m not mistaken...

downwardsfromzero
#6 Posted : 5/22/2018 2:08:33 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Sublimation (under vacuum) would be done on the freebase. The tannate/fumarate/citrate of DMT wouldn't work for this.

If you really don't want to separate things using acid/base extraction with polar and non-polar phases you would have to look at chromatography or electrophoresis. Or perhaps you were trying to imagine something like supercritical CO2 extraction. Benzyme has some good posts about that.

This is much more complicated than just proceeding with an established route of extraction. Judging by your question, you need to increase your understanding of the basic theory before trying out any advanced techniques.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Camponotus
#7 Posted : 5/22/2018 4:03:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:

This is much more complicated than just proceeding with an established route of extraction. Judging by your question, you need to increase your understanding of the basic theory before trying out any advanced techniques.

I would like to increase my understanding but than I come to the point of 5-meo and there it stucks...

When the FB of 5-meo is unstable I would like to try it without the conversion, since there seems to be nearly no one who is able to extract it or do you know a way?

It was just a hypothetical question because I don't understand why the normal A/B using citr. acid, sodium carbonate and DCM shouldn't work for this compound?

Maybe you're able to help with that problem?

downwardsfromzero
#8 Posted : 5/25/2018 3:44:53 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Quote:
When the FB of 5-meo is unstable I would like to try it without the conversion, since there seems to be nearly no one who is able to extract it or do you know a way?

The main problem is lack of a viable source plant. However, try reading this.

And surely you've looked on the wiki?

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli