We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Dealing with some anxiety Options

DocAdams
#1 Posted : 5/19/2018 8:19:42 PM

One existence

I have only tried DMT two times in my life in hopes to manage or gain perspective on how to manage my anxiety and PTSD. I'm a disabled vet that is frantically trying to find my center. I'm curently talking with a man in the CIA that does hypnotherapy and I'm pretty nervous, but willing to try anything. DO you any of you have any suggestions or personal success you have had with dealing with a situation like mine?

Respectfully,
Doc

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

DmnStr8
#2 Posted : 5/19/2018 8:29:31 PM

Come what may

MAPS (Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies) has made some tremendous strides in treating PTSD. They have conducted MDMA assisted psychotherapy with veterans with remarkable results. I think it is something worthwhile to consider.

Below please find the link to the MAPS MDMA psychotherapy and research this topic.

MAPS website wrote:
Phase 2 clinical trials have shown that MDMA can reduce fear and defensiveness, enhance communication and introspection, and increase empathy and compassion, enhancing the therapeutic process for people suffering from PTSD.
In MAPS’ completed Phase 2 trials with 107 participants, 61% no longer qualified for PTSD after three sessions of MDMA-assisted psychotherapy two months following treatment. At the 12-month follow-up, 68% no longer had PTSD. All participants had chronic, treatment-resistant PTSD, and had suffered from PTSD for an average of 17.8 years.

http://www.maps.org/research/mdma

http://www.maps.org/part...icipate-in-research/mdma

Additionally, you may want to consider meditation and/or breathwork. It helps to step outside of your PTSD perspective and see things from another vantage point. PTSD is a hard thing to deal with to be sure. Traumatic events in our lives can be healed with powerful intent. It sounds like you have that intent. I know how hard it can be to sever the cord of trauma. It takes dedication to heal yourself. With time and effort, I feel that anyone can push past the difficult memories and start living a much more fulfilling life. The burdens of these traumas can be placed down, not to be carried through life any longer. My heart goes out to you and I hope you find what works best for you! Please feel free to PM me anytime!

I wish you the best of luck in your healing!!
"In the universe there is an immeasurable, indescribable force which shamans call intent, and absolutely everything that exists in the entire cosmos is attached to intent by a connecting link." ~Carlos Castaneda

tseuq
#3 Posted : 5/19/2018 8:38:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ahoi DocAdams,

for treating PTSD MDMA based psychotherapy seems to be the state of the art, whereas LSD and psilocybin show good results with other anxiety disorders. What kind of anxiety are you talking about in your OP? Do you have a psychotherapist who can support you on your way? Even if (s)he just helps with post-substance-induced-experience-integration. I would recommend a long lasting agent for a better intra/interpersonal work instead of the short acting dmt fb. Maybe ayahuasca if you want to go for the dmt. I've heared from some people working with the brew, that it is actually the MAOI which brings the most "healing" effects, compared to the often weird appearing dmt. But I am no expert with the brew-work.

All the best, tseuq

[edit: as DmnStr8 already said Smile ]
Everything's sooo peyote-ful..

DocAdams
#4 Posted : 5/21/2018 3:37:44 AM

One existence

Thank you so much for your thoughtful reply. I have talked to a couple of physiologist at the VA hospital, but they want to give me anti depressants and things like that and I personally don't want to go down that avenue. So I have been exploring other physiologist like you suggested but most are not covers by my insurance so it's all out of pocket. I'm hoping to take a trip to the jungel soon in my life so that I can try a brew.

Thank you again for spending your time on me to send me your suggestions.

Respectfully,

Doc

tseuq
#5 Posted : 5/21/2018 8:24:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Please keep in mind, these altered states can/do trigger and emphasize "free floating" traumatic memories, which can be pretty overwhelming!

If one is looking for a PTSD-substance-supported-approach, I think MDMA is good to start with. It creates a "bubble" of trust, acceptance and safety and builds up a pillow of emotional well-being, which allows the patient to experience a state of mostly long missing (or never experienced) bliss and peace within (intrapersonal), what is a super important experience on its own and what seems to be very supportive when one decides to face her/his accompanied pain, sorrows and fears.

I guess, that this emotional empowerment is enhanced through the MAOI in the brew, but to a much lower grade. For sure, the DMT can/does offer transpersonal experiences, but often traumatized people are not ready to open up (losing control again without a safe harbour in themselves) for these experiences and get stuck and harden their defence. To me, there are several aspects why I discourage people to go to the jungle for a everywhere advertised "healing" ceremony. Beside of the consequences of the aya-tourism, discussed in other threads, the cultural and environmental context is strange to western people, often you find yourself in a big group and have mostly no one-2-one guidance, the healing centers are often bubbles on their own which have little to do with ones own habitat and life at home, the transpersonal opening can be experienced as a re-traumatisation, integration takes time, especially from difficult and multiple traumatic experiences, and is not done in a 2-3 week jungle holiday experience, ...

If one is looking for a substance supported therapy, my recommendation is to find a therapist who offers (il)leagl MDMA supported therapy best combined with somatic experience work (grounding) and an ACT-CBT theoretical backround. This means 2-4 sessions with MDMA, embedded in a regular long term psychotherpeutic approach (CBT, ACT, DBT..) which takes place in ones familiar environment, while one is doing her/his daily stuff. "Chop wood, carry water" - I can not emphasize this enough!

In the last year, I already got to know 2 fellows who put much hope and effort in their aya-jungle-healing to just come back even more wonky. One was totally filled up with benzos, to put him into a plane to go back to europe and who went directly into hospitalisation, whereas the other feels even more demonized and stressed from the infernal visions and projections and raised his valium abuse to compensate and repress his straining intrusions.

Tryptamines are wonderfully great! and offer a new plane/spectrum of unimaginable perspectives but I would safe them for later. To me, they can be very fruitful in terms of further personality development.

Love, tseuq
Everything's sooo peyote-ful..