We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
The Sad Side of Ayahuasca Tourism Options

null24
#21 Posted : 5/13/2018 5:12:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

There's more information I've been given but the person is not a member here and does not want to be quoted out of context understandably. If i receive permission to do so after they see this i may be allowed to share more info.

Btw my previous castigating post was not meant to call anyone out by name or post specifically, but rather as a talking point for all of us inclusively to consider. I don't feel any of us here are overt racists but I'm pretty sure we all share common bigotries and we need to constantly reassess ourselves.

I really hate saying this as i fear that i can sound just as gladhanded and superior as those i address, but as white men especially we have a higher responsibility to be aware of our own culturally supported bigoted responses. This is tough for me to do rationally. I live in a city that is over 60% white of euro descent. It is am echo chamber of liberal hypocrisy.
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

null24
#22 Posted : 5/14/2018 4:35:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

UN condemns murder of Shipibo shaman. At the time this was written no suspect had been identified. It is said that the woman was killed with 5 bullets to her chest.
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

starway6
#23 Posted : 5/18/2018 10:23:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I dont think the canadian guy killed the the shaman but theorize that someone close in her family had a link to the killing ...

This whole mess is linked to ....[ .OWED MONEY!] ...and her son or someone in her family.. owed this money to the canadian and was determened to not pay it to him!

My...theory is that someone got his pistol from him somehow?...[maybe they asked him let them see it?] ..then with his gun... shot the shaman and made it appear that the canadian did it ...

They sounded an alert... and the whole village mobbed the poor guy and he was wrongfully and brutaly killed!

There is no way for one person to defend him self from a lynch mob...[unless he had a machine gun or a flame thrower on hand... ..] ......and he had no way to defend against 300 people beating him with sticks and clubs and rocks...

The real guilty ones knew that once the canadian was dead... they could split up the money and the real truth would never be known!... because dead men dont talk!

From what ive read about the canadian he had a good intention to treat drug addicts and his friends say this act of murder was not in his nature...

He seemed like a gentle good person fro what ive read about him on line..

Letting money enter in to anything is asking for trouble... and these AYA trips to south america have gotten out of control with their prices going sky high!

Yep...my theory is that Sebastion was set up and murdered..by some one not wanting to return the money they owed him...what is the root of all evil?..its.....Money...
Just a theory

null24
#24 Posted : 5/19/2018 1:48:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Yep...my theory is

I get that you've read some things about this guy that leads you to not believe the overwhelming evidence and accounts of the locals. However the stories of his gradual unhinging in the jungle sound pretty believable and pedestrian to me. It sounds like this guy was consumed from within by the monster he was trying to escape by going down there.

I wish i could get permission to post the email exchange I've had with someone with more intimate knowledge than either you or i.

I find it hard to swallow that it's a conspiracy by the locals to split $1500. That's a lot of money down there and is the amount owed by the shaman's son to the Canadian but I'm not buying your theory. It sounds prejudiced to me in favor of the white guy and against the "impoverished" locals.
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

starway6
#25 Posted : 5/19/2018 2:45:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The amount was more like 3 or 4 thousand dollars owed .. and im not being pregidest im just using common sense...

Im on the side of truth...not a lynch mob of angry out of control people...

I believe in time the facts will surface about this story...

exquisitus
#26 Posted : 5/27/2018 9:26:58 PM
DMT-Nexus member

anybody sees the HUUUUUGE pink elephant roaming the planes of the ayahuasca subculture?
how about the fact that the people from this story were involved in drinking ayahuasca. lots of ayahuasca.

spirituality, enlightenment, blah blah, blah blah, blah...

i was at a gathering of the local "ayahuasca community" (as they self title themselves, when i politely asked what exactly that means, the reply was "this!", so "this!" it is) in my city in canada on friday exclusively dedicated to this story. well, predictably, everybody carefully walked around the pink elephant in attendance. amusing? yes, somewhat, mildly.

well, the usual character archetypes were all present there. a goldmine of research material for any self respecting clinical psychiatrist.

but you know what made the greatest impression on me?

the iquitos connection guy. he fitted an archetype somewhere between a jungle soldier of fortune and a slums drug lord, modus operandi, garb, communication. fine specimen. could be instantly cast in a cheap chuck norris movie as such. perhaps he taught that all people present were way below him, him being involved in a "spiritual" business... but from another pov perhaps many were pottential paying customers, or is it that only certain personalities make for good customers, especially those that would would be easily hooked (or, overtly put, become addicted). i kid you not, i wish i was.

it never ceases to fascinate me how the ayahuasca subculture if one removes her pink glasses comes across as bona fide festering cesspit... unless, you want to PROFIT from it. then wishy washy new agey gobbledygook is the norm... how the whole ayahuasca subculture behind the thin veneer is sooooo deeply steeped in money smelling swamp goo, and how the emerging class of new conquistadors heading down to peru to make a quick buck grows steadily, their success unvariably celebrated by hordes of new agey folks... pass me the popcorn.

*donning my flame retardant suit*

PREV12