We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
changa HUNGOVER???? Options

volando voy
#1 Posted : 5/16/2018 4:13:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

hello lovely people!!

SWIM and his friend began to smoke changa and the second time was a very strong trip into hyperspace, super confusing, probably becouse SWIM is just starting to explore and is not surue with the dosages, SWIM thinks he did smoke too much. That night SWIM has a lot of bad dreams, keeps weaking up very cold or very hot, a very bad night. The day after SWIM is totally hungover, can not think properly and his body feel exhausted. But his friend is all right. Yesterday they did another ceremony and today is his friend the one that weake up hungover.

Why is this happen??
Did someone had hungover from dmt before?

Swim makes his own changa, but is not an expert, SWIM thinks may be the IPA did not evap properly??

Thanks in advance!!

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

CEVISI
#2 Posted : 5/17/2018 6:15:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

What you use for your changa if you are not sureb about the ipa just let it dry on air for a couple of hours

volando voy
#3 Posted : 5/17/2018 10:59:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

thats what i did yesterday, i left the changa on a plate overnight. When it was made, was left to dry for just two days, i knew that it should be 4 but it did not smell acetone so..... we try it.

The weird thing is that the first time it was smoke SWIM got hungover and his friend was all right. Second time SWIM was all right but not his friend.

Could it be for something else or must be the acetone?
Could DMT give you hungover??

pitubo
#4 Posted : 5/17/2018 12:20:59 PM

dysfunctional word machine

When the smell is gone, it's probably okay to use. What was it anyway, isopropyl aclohol or acetone? Your report is contradictive.

Anyway, using psychedelics can always trigger emotions that require later processing, such as during sleep and in dreams. A night of heavy working can be noticeable the next day. I wouldn't immediately ascribe the effects to a "bad" changa, especially considering that neither you nor your friend has the ill effects consistently, and that you don't have the same effect simultaneously.

BTW there are some threads discussing procedures for the preparation of changa. Use the forum search engine and look for "changa perparation" if you want to double-check your methods.

volando voy
#5 Posted : 5/17/2018 4:22:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sorry it was acetone. I did talk with my friend and he wake up feeling súper good today after having many sweet dreams.
So i think it may be the integration process of the experience. the changa is all right, i guess, now more people try it and nothing bad hapend. Actually the 3 time swim smoke it(after the 2 one swim has the bad day) swim interacted with an indian good looking been that perform a dance to swim, swim came back feeling wonderfull and stays like that the day after too.

Thanks for answer!!!

Mister_Niles
#6 Posted : 5/17/2018 9:10:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I no longer smoke changa. I smoked it for a few years without any problems and then it turned on me. I started getting hangovers of a sort, with horrible neck tension and eventually headaches. Well, a headache... a constant one that lasted for over a year. It was awful. I eventually cured the headache with mushrooms. I still use caapi, but I don't smoke leaves or extract. I vaporize dmt and I'm very cautious not to burn it. When I do, not only do I feel like crap later, but get an admonishment in hyperspace.

It's been a long time since I've burned it. My GVG technique got very good, with lots of practice.
Welcome Home Mister_Niles. We've Been Waiting For You.

"Don't worry. When it happens, you won't be able to not let it do its thing. You won't have the ability to distinguish a pen from a hippopotamus"
- Art Van D'lay

volando voy
#7 Posted : 5/18/2018 9:39:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Wow!! Mister niles thats interesting, so you think the spice getting burn could make you feel bad.
I wonder if this happened to more people??

atomu235
#8 Posted : 5/18/2018 11:27:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

What plant leaf do you use? There are a lot of different understanding of changa leaf.

Could be Caapi (traditional), Mullein, Passion flower, Blackstone flower, tobacco, cannabis (hardcore version) etc or a mix. I've seen a dozen recipes at least.

I've never heard of a hangover due to burnt DMT though. Usually it just leaves a bad taste and does not take you to hyperspace. It's possible but it's a guessing game at best... Many types of headaches (cluster, migraine) are still not understood by science.

I would suggest changing your changa leaf and see what happens.
Be inquisitive and always question things...

volando voy
#9 Posted : 5/18/2018 1:45:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It was 80% chilaponga 20% damiana 1.1 plus 1/4 harmala

atomu235
#10 Posted : 5/18/2018 1:50:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

volando voy wrote:
It was 80% chilaponga 20% damiana 1.1 plus 1/4 harmala

No idea tbh. I would try switching the herb and see if this happens again. It could be just as well this specific herb that's gone bad somehow. Basically guessing...
Be inquisitive and always question things...