We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
1st acrb a/b *update* pics Options

Harleybo
#1 Posted : 5/16/2018 5:37:42 AM

earthbound psyconaut

Hello Nexians!! After a couple years since my last go, its high time.
Ive only ever have had personal experience with STB with mhrb. my cat is currently setting up a 100g acrb tek using EarthWalker's tek as a guideline.
Being that Im unfamiliar with the process, and after thoroughly researching EW's tek and its steps, Im curious as to why a defat and backsalting step is necessary. Couldnt Kula(kitty) just put her initial pulls into the freezer for further re-x? Apparently during this step some say that one could decant saturated solvent from the oily/fatty layer at the bottom, and just changafy it?

(source)mycotopia thread; I had great results with it and then the mhrb depression came and I decided to try the same tek with ACRB The end product was a clear yellow oil which wouldnt re crystallize but was very active, basically dmt/nmt, and a bit of oils and fats from the plant matter. 20 grams of this oil was the yield from a kilogram of bark and it was used to fortify 20 grams of passionflora leaves to make for a nice and potent fortified leave The second attempt, I tweaked the tek a bit to get the beloved crystals instead of oil The only thing I changed was in the freeze precipitation step, were instead of just putting the jar in freezer and taking it out a few days laters heres what I did:

Put the jar in the freezer, watch it every now and then, from 1-4hrs a thin yellowish film precipitates to the bottom of the jar I suspect this film is the fats/oil/nmt so what I do now is pour the solvent into another clean jar Now you have a jar with dmt saturated solvent that is free from the stuff that will dissolve your crystals to an oil at room temp know just take this jar of clean saturated solvent and put it back in the freezer for a few days and now only dmt crystals will precipitate, just decant away the solvent, dry crystals and there you have it white crystals I like this purification step over the other ways to do it like defating becouse you dont have to use extra solvent and also when defating you cant reuse the solvent used to take the fats out so its less ecofriendly I guess Shoot away any question you have and I be glad to help"Pleased

this exerpt is desribing the Fluffy white funfest tek (seems to be a "Safer" tek with fewer caustic chems) (link; https://wiki.dmt-nexus.m...The_Fluffy_White_Funfest )

In essence, I want to know if its truly necessary to do a clean up phase with EW's tek on 100g acrb, or if its just for ppl who desire crystals for shock value. i dont mind some tannins and extraneous alkaloids in there sometimes.
I should mention that kula intends on using Bestine Hexane for her first 1-2 pulls, then switching to something like Ronsonol's naptha. Will this have any effect on the quality of the initial pulls? Im hoping that beginning with Heptane/hexane (Bestine), it will pull less NMT and fatty oils, and a cleaner product, then switch solvents for subsequent pulls.
any thoughts?
Much Love, Bless!!

-Once you're shown an expanded reality, a divine inter-connectivity beyond explanation, your perception is forever changed.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

JP
#2 Posted : 5/16/2018 8:08:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Pouring it off gets rid of most fats, but I have found that if you do not defat acrb you will end up with fats in the final product. Also those fats that settle to the bottom have probably trapped spice and would be a waste to toss out.

I defat before I base and never re-x.
And you will come to find that we are all one mind
Capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable.

Harleybo
#3 Posted : 5/16/2018 8:59:22 AM

earthbound psyconaut

JP wrote:
Pouring it off gets rid of most fats, but I have found that if you do not defat acrb you will end up with fats in the final product. Also those fats that settle to the bottom have probably trapped spice and would be a waste to toss out.

I defat before I base and never re-x.

defat into an acetic solution containing deems and discarding nps? ive never personally done a defat or backsalt step, but i am willing to give it a try! also i would make changa from the leftover, not dicard precious alkaloids! Pleased

This evening Kula did one pull off an a/b following Earthwalkers steps. she adjusted some levels of things due to not having de-iodized salt.
She began with 500ml/50ml distilled h20/5%white vinegar combined with 100g powdered acrb in a 1.89L vessel. Allowed to bathe for 1hr whilst mixing gently to prevent emulsion every 15m or so.
separately a saline solution containing 30g of IODIZED (70mcg iodine-1.5g. Should be de-iodized) salt and 700ml of distilled water was mixed thoroughly then added to the acidified solution containing the bark.
the 1.89L vessel containing the now, 1.2L acrb solution is a pastel redish purple.
In a separate vessel, she placed 400ml of COLD distilled water, and very slowly, while stirring, she added 55g of sodium hydroxide. the solution became milky then slowly cleared to translucence.
The 400ml basified solution was added to the now cooler bark mix (still warm,37ish C) resulting in the bark containing vessel to darken almost to black. The now basified bark mix is roughly 1.6L and very warm, so no hot bath was needed. Kula had some other things to do, but occasionally came back to agitate the mix.
After about another 1.5hr, 70ml of heated N-Heptane (Bestine) was added to the mix. the vessel was stirred gently by rotation to prevent emulsion for about 15-20 mins. the mix was separated into two 750ml thin-neck wine bottles for easier extraction, and after pulling the nps, topping it off, and pulling some more, Kula finished extracting her first pull of acrb of about 60-65ml of DMT saturated heptane which is now in the freezer. The extracted nps looked incredibly clear which caused some doubt, but after only 30m in the freezer, she was shocked to see an opaque solution that had already begun to precipitate. and looks perfectly white Smile
Will get back in the AM with results!!
Harleybo attached the following image(s):
IMG_0118.JPG (1,099kb) downloaded 699 time(s).
IMG_0119.JPG (2,013kb) downloaded 698 time(s).
-Once you're shown an expanded reality, a divine inter-connectivity beyond explanation, your perception is forever changed.

JP
#4 Posted : 5/16/2018 9:36:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Harleybo wrote:
defat into an acetic solution containing deems and discarding nps?

Take saturated NPS, mix with acidic water, decant NPS then base and pull with same type of NPS.

I have come to like cybs max ion.

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...spx?g=posts&t=44707.

Defat at the start before salting or basing and you will have a nice end product.

Harleybo
#5 Posted : 5/16/2018 5:02:01 PM

earthbound psyconaut

[/quote] Take saturated NPS, mix with acidic water, decant NPS then base and pull with same type of NPS.

I have come to like cybs max ion.

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...spx?g=posts&t=44707.

Defat at the start before salting or basing and you will have a nice end product.

[/quote]
thank you very much for clarifying on that! for some reason, Im unable to access the link that you provided. I assume its the flow chart of Cyb's tek? wondering why I dont have access to open it..

SO, the results of Kula's first pull last night are looking AMAZING! the crystalization dish is still drying out, but a solid amount has formed overnight, and looking white as snow!! well done kula Smile
the resulting yield does NOT appear to need furthur cleaning, or a defat, but she wont know for sure until its fully dried and scraped.
IMG_0085.JPG (1,415kb) downloaded 729 time(s).
IMG_0115.JPG (2,550kb) downloaded 721 time(s).
IMG_0117.JPG (1,714kb) downloaded 718 time(s).
IMG_0116.JPG (2,512kb) downloaded 719 time(s).

JP
#6 Posted : 5/16/2018 8:21:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It’s sticky under the DMT extraction- STB section of the forum.

It’s different than the flow chart. It has a pdf.

JP
#7 Posted : 5/16/2018 8:27:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Did you defat already?

Harleybo
#8 Posted : 5/16/2018 10:23:37 PM

earthbound psyconaut

ahhh, i see.. ill see if i can locate it manually.
No this is the first pull with no re-x and no defat. the nps used was N-heptane, instead of naptha.
1 more pull was done today in the same fasion with almost identical results. Kula will be doing all subsequent pulls with naptha.
Based on how it looks, Shes not going to defat from the first two pulls, but may defat with the following naptha pulls.
all in all, its an altered hybrid tek involving cyb's and earthwalker's steps but adjusted.
as stated before, iodized salt was used, with a total of 2.1mg of IODINE. next extractions kula will get de-iodized salt.

Harleybo
#9 Posted : 5/17/2018 12:27:57 AM

earthbound psyconaut

Kula scraped the first pull out of the precip dish with a knife, leaving the oily layer in the bottom underneath the xtals. She unfortunately doesn’t have means to properly weigh it, but it looks to be in the vicinity of 700-900mgs.. one pull... damn!!
The second pull is in the freezer still, but looks just as healthy as the first. No Naphta pulls have been done yet, only N-heptane. The nps was only left in the mix for UP TO 5 mins. Not 45 mins as in the teks. I attribute it’s cleanliness to that factor. Either way; my assessment is that doing initial polls with heptane instead of naphtha yields a much cleaner product
IMG_0120.JPG (2,334kb) downloaded 695 time(s).
IMG_0121.JPG (2,224kb) downloaded 691 time(s).

Harleybo
#10 Posted : 5/17/2018 4:53:42 AM

earthbound psyconaut

Kula’s Second heptane pull, looking beautiful. Sitting overnight to ensure dryness. Most certainly over 1g between the first two pulls, of a very clean product, no defeat or re x necessary!
Tmr will begin a series of 3 additional pulls for a grand total of 5.
Once all spice is spent from bark mix, Kula will determine wether or not she’ll do a backsalting step on the subsequent 3 pulls.
IMG_0123.JPG (1,669kb) downloaded 674 time(s).
IMG_0122.JPG (1,460kb) downloaded 678 time(s).

Harleybo
#11 Posted : 5/17/2018 4:48:36 PM

earthbound psyconaut

Below are the results of kula’s first and second pulls, using n-heptane on 100g acrb.
It’s looking like she will not clean the first two pulls, as they are fluffy and almost perfectly white. Some of the residue was left in th collection dish to prevent mixing any oils with fresh snow. and was later scraped(the pinkish pile in the middle) The middle pile of the three, is pinkish in color and the only one that was tested. Being that this is our first experience with acacia instead of mimosa, we’re pretty floored by the quality, seems to be just as potent as the best of the best that we’ve gotten from mhrb, but with a much more pleasant floral taste, and no lung burn even with monster pulls while vaping.
Give it a whirl!! Try cybs or EW’s but pull with HEPTANE FIRST. I would love to see what others have to say about this method. God bless all!
IMG_0125.JPG (2,492kb) downloaded 670 time(s).

Harleybo
#12 Posted : 5/20/2018 11:18:40 PM

earthbound psyconaut

Kula decided it was time to switch the nps to naphtha from heptane for her subsequent pulls, and they al came out looking like this, with comparable yields from pulls 3-5. The bark that keeps givingSmileSmile
She will do a defat and/or backsalt step ONLY on the naphtha pulls.
hope to see some nexians at summercamp music fest Pleased peace! -Harleybo
IMG_0127.JPG (3,011kb) downloaded 637 time(s).
IMG_0129.JPG (2,619kb) downloaded 633 time(s).

Harleybo
#13 Posted : 12/23/2018 3:25:57 PM

earthbound psyconaut

Kula has been considering starting another extraction lately. she will typically only do 1-2 (100g) extractions per year, and has noted feeling the call. She'll likely begin in the same/or similar fashion that produced quality results last time. She would like to detail the process in an attempt to maximize quality and yield. any feedback is much appreciated! Jah bless

red291113
#14 Posted : 12/28/2018 6:38:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

looks amazing...Very happy
I am actually doing the same thing with ACRB and it just keeps giving.soo blessed..looks really imo
Life is Love & Love is Life

Harleybo
#15 Posted : 12/29/2018 3:05:36 PM

earthbound psyconaut

Here is the result of Kula's first pull from the new batch. 3 more pulls were done with a total yield of 1.7g~ from 100g ACRB. The first 3 pulls were done with heptane and recycled, the fourth pull was done with naphtha. Pulls done with heptane need little to no re-crystallization, whereas the naphtha pulls come out with more fats and lipids and a more yellow color. Kula will likely pull once more, and possibly set up another batch.
IMG_0708.JPG (350kb) downloaded 496 time(s).
IMG_0709.JPG (814kb) downloaded 495 time(s).
IMG_0710.JPG (535kb) downloaded 499 time(s).

red291113
#16 Posted : 1/7/2019 10:15:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Looks Amazing!!Thumbs up
Life is Love & Love is Life

sbc1
#17 Posted : 1/8/2019 6:11:15 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Harley I've got N-hexane will that do the same as heptane

Harleybo
#18 Posted : 4/19/2019 3:18:21 PM

earthbound psyconaut

i believe so, however i would verify with someone more knowledgeable than myself.

Tony6Strings
#19 Posted : 4/20/2019 3:23:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Beautiful spice, good job. That last pic looks like clouds.
olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

Harleybo
#20 Posted : 4/20/2019 9:30:14 PM

earthbound psyconaut

alrighty nexians! Here goes the final batch of this particular method before making some minor tweaks to this already altered tek. Beginning within the hour with a heated acid soak, will post updates here and there. Trying to identify the exact circumstances behind the temp, time, and NPS to isolate the threshold for pulling spice without any tannins. thank you guys for viewing and your continued support! 1LOVE!!

12NEXT