We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Psychedelics Increasing Alcohol Consumption Options

DisEmboDied
#1 Posted : 5/14/2018 4:06:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Does anyone else notice that for them psychedelic use increases their alcohol consumption?

Maybe used as a grounding tool? I know this is wrong, but does typically happen. Just wondering if this happens for others as well?

Peace, Love, and Light.

Meditate before you venture, take it seriously, use it as medicinalβ€”it is good psychotherapy if needed. Realize that you, the Earth, others, and the Universe are all one and the same process. Then take that knowledge back to become, as you already are, one with nature. Eternity in every moment. Divinity in every particle. All is one organism.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

ShamensStamen
#2 Posted : 5/14/2018 6:21:20 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I for one am not much of a drinker, i rarely ever drink, i find Alcohol to be rather boring, not fun at all, just numbing and loosening. I'm more of a Cannabis smoker, i smoke daily, that's more my thing. I could see Alcohol maybe being grounding though, i've been using Lemon EO as a kind of grounding and it's said to have some GABAergic action due to the Alpha-Pinene and it also smooths out/cleans up the Cannabis headspace, so if Alcohol was being used for grounding i'd imagine the GABAergic action is what one is seeking. Maybe try Amanita's or Lemon EO or perhaps Lemon Balm or Passion Flower or some other GABAergic thing that's healthier than Alcohol? Vaping Nicotine or WTA liquid can also help with grounding, not as much as smoking Tobacco because Tobacco has a hell of a kick that vaping seems to miss, but Tobacco (and it's alkaloids) can be grounding.

I've read that a lot of people in the jungle who work with Aya also drink a lot, might have something to do with the grounding but it's just so unhealthy and stupid imo, plus there's non-drug methods of grounding i think, music can be one of them, maybe breathing exercises, maybe yoga or meditation, etc.

Jagube
#3 Posted : 5/14/2018 9:34:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I stopped drinking alcohol when I started working with Ayahuasca, and so have the majority of my Aya friends.

Thanks ShamensStamen for the grounding ideas, I don't have the need to seek grounding often, but on a few occasions I've needed it. It's good to have 'non-drug' ways, but I feel ingesting something - in the case of grounding - can bring some extra power to it, even if it's just placebo. It's been suggested to me to eat red meat (which I don't do). I can see how the things that are counterindicated in the spiritual Ayahuasca diet can be grounding as they're 'unspiritual' and can counterbalance the 'overly spiritual' state of ungroundedness... they can bring one down from they astral realms onto the Earth and into one's physical body. So while I've never tried it, I can see why alcohol can work.
Sexual release is another grounding tool as it brings focus to the lower chakras.

olympus mon
#4 Posted : 5/14/2018 10:14:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Tattooist specialized in indigenous art, Fine art, medium ink and pen.

Our personal vices and reasons why can vary so much person to person. But I can relate in a indirect way. I enjoy drinking alcohol but have been on the never ending project of trying to give it up mainly for health reasons. I don't get intoxicated often but usually have 2-3 drinks after work most nights of the work week. My best mate and I share a lot of the same passions and activities in common only he has a pretty serious alcohol addiction and sadly is also trying to "not drink" since we became friends 18 years ago. One trigger we both have in common is we refer to as "keep the fun times rolling". ie' after a rad day on the mountain, feeling good without any substances, we always have a serious craving for a few drinks. I think because we are in such a good place mentally, tired from a good day of fresh air on the trails, exercise that elevates our serotonin and dopamine levels we feel like we want to keep the party going in a way. Perhaps your increased desire to drink from Psychedelic use could be something along those lines. We want our brains to keep releasing serotonin. So our brains crave substances that would make us keep feeling great. I dunno just some thoughts.
I am not gonna lie, shits gonna get weird!
Troubles Breaking Through? Click here.
The Art of Changa. making the perfect blend.

β—‹
#5 Posted : 5/14/2018 7:31:10 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

In my teenage years I drank off and on, not alot though. Later on throughout my 20s it was about the same, though if I was ever going out to eat somewhere I'd have a couple beers pretty much every time, especially on a warm sunny day it's nice Very happy . Rarely go out to eat any more though.

There's nights where I'll pour a couple shots, relax, read, eat, I enjoy it. This is few and far between though, might have a couple days like this throughout the month, much of the time I won't drink for months though. I have a pretty active, physical lifestyle and I tend to eat fairly well and consistent, so I'm not too worried about any massive detriments from the bit of alco consumption, especially with the infrequency.

DisEmboDied wrote:
Does anyone else notice that for them psychedelic use increases their alcohol consumption?

Not ime

Jagube
#6 Posted : 5/14/2018 7:44:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

When I stopped drinking alcohol regularly, I would still drink the stuff at carnivals, but my interest in those has diminished.
The last time I had a beer was at the Rio carnival in February 2013. It was two small (330ml) beers and they had a rather strong effect.

I remember what alcohol feels like, but don't miss the feeling. The plants feel so much better, and they don't encourage goofy behavior.

DmtProphecy
#7 Posted : 5/15/2018 5:48:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

At this time I drink a small amount of alcahol prior to smoking dmt. I do this to help with my set.

I notice that once I've started toking, the sensations of having alcahol in me simply are not there. Especially once I've entered a trance, there is no alcahol feeling. For me the dmt seems to override the effects of the alcahol. I'm glad that this is the case as I don't want the alcahol to distract from the DMT experience. What's important to me is feeling comfortable prior to taking that first hit of dmt.

Once I have exited the trance, and even after coming down, It is as if the alcahol has completely or mostly worn off which is weird if only 5 minutes had went by. It's also possible that the afterglow is simply more noticeable than the alcahol buzz which especially makes sense when one is in awe of the experience that had just occurred.

I'm not sure if drinking more alcahol would make the alcahol feeling apparent during the dmt because I've not tried that. I have heard of people blacking out when drunk however so it might have the potential to waste some dmt for nothing.

I've never drank alcahol following dmt so I can't say if it would effect ones alcahol tolerance. It makes sense to me that it would not because the dmt effects wear off so quick. It's possible that the long term changes in the brain from dmt could have the potential to effect alcahol tolerance simply because a single receptor change is going to effect other receptors.

As far as grounding goes, since I've started drinking prior to smoking, it does seem like it keeps me more coherent in order to take the necessary hits. Almost as if it's kicking in slower. It seems easier to get to the desired state because of this. It's definately less stressful to do away with some of that confusion while trying to take hits. It does not ground me so much that I'm stuck in this world though. I'm not going to jump to conclusions with this though... Some of my prior incoherence in early trips could have been due to improper smoking. I do notice that those experiences seem like what people describe during 5 meo and that getting it too hot converts the dmt to 5 meo. I think 5 meo causes more confusion than dmt if I understand.

strtman
#8 Posted : 5/15/2018 6:34:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

For me there is no connection between alcohol and DMT. I do drink once in a while and I smoke DMT, more than once in a while. One does not stimulate me doing the other and vice versa.

DmtProphecy, perhaps you should forget the alcohol and try out changa. Just a hint Smile.

Quiet the mind and the soul will speak

ETERNAL
#9 Posted : 5/15/2018 7:06:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

My alcohol consumption went from daily to not drinking at all after drinking Ayahuasca in Peru. I just didn't feel the need for it anymore. I felt exuberant and revived afterwards. There is nothing wrong with drinking though. I'm sure at some point I'll drink a beer or something again. I wouldn't ever do it before I used dmt though. I feel better being sober and clear minded again. DMT is just something I use to obtain a more lucid understanding of the nature of consciousness.
There is only this and now. What this is exists as one.

TGO
#10 Posted : 5/15/2018 7:19:44 PM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

Quote:

No, for me personally, it is the exact opposite. Throughout life, I have struggled with many addictions and alcohol was no exception. If anything, psychedelics have
shown me/pleaded with me/commanded me to respect myself and to take a look at the destruction caused by my various addictions. Psychedelics are powerful catalysts for change, and I needed several big life changes in order to get to where I am today. The biggest change was set in motion by a harrowing, yet humbling, DMT hyperslap. I couldn't be more thankful for the role these psychedelic substances have played in my life. They have helped me get everything back on track. I have currently finished my first year back in college after a nearly 10 year hiatus and with years of hard work, I am completely addiction free as well.

In my experience, alcohol and DMT played nicely with each other for a few moments but when I started leaning on the alcohol to help me through almost every experience (and every day of daily life), it became obvious that something needed to change. The trips were darker and the confidence boost from alcohol often led to accidentally loading way too much DMT. This led to extremely confusing/overwhelming trips, (DMT)blackouts, and even downright terrifying experiences that scared me off until I figured out how to approach the molecule in a sober state of mind. To anyone going through or considering something similar, please do be careful and take it easy with the alcohol, especially if working with harmalas. I wouldn't wish my backwards/skewered approach on anyone. To each their own, of course!

May we all find our own path!

Smile

DmtProphecy wrote:
5 meo and that getting it too hot converts the dmt to 5 meo.

Not possible. See thread below for more information:

Conversion of freebase dmt into 5-meo-dmt?

New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

DmtProphecy
#11 Posted : 5/15/2018 9:30:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I read a post (I don't think it was on this forum) that said if you put the flame too close to it, that the combination or heat with air causes it to convert. It also said that even with correct technique 5 meo still builds up on the screen. They said that because of this, one should clean their screen after every two uses which I have been doing. I tried to find the post again but am unable. Is this not the case?

I can't stomach even a small amount of Syrian rue tea ive recently learned. It was not an amount to give any effect whatsoever. I plan on trying a few other methods although I'm not going to get my hopes up because even if it slows the onset and causes a more involved experience. Its still not going to help with other things in my set like bad physical feelings prior to smoking. Only with more experience with DMT will I be able to figure out which contributed to the negative aspects of early trips... is it pain and fatigue or anxiety over becoming extreamly confused while trying to hit the pipe? I'm willing to test theses things but one step at a time here. Since I've had good results with my current method I'm being causious.

Fidelsbeard
#12 Posted : 5/15/2018 9:59:39 PM

The Life You Ordered has Arrived

Dmt does not convert to 5Me0...DMTProphecy, do you mean DMT oxide?

DmtProphecy
#13 Posted : 5/15/2018 10:17:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I see... maybe that was it. I wonder if it was dmt oxide giving me bad vibes before. The only way to test that is to not clean my screen and see if it happens again.

ShamensStamen
#14 Posted : 5/15/2018 10:38:53 PM
DMT-Nexus member

DmtProphecy wrote:
I read a post (I don't think it was on this forum) that said if you put the flame too close to it, that the combination or heat with air causes it to convert. It also said that even with correct technique 5 meo still builds up on the screen. They said that because of this, one should clean their screen after every two uses which I have been doing. I tried to find the post again but am unable. Is this not the case?

I can't stomach even a small amount of Syrian rue tea ive recently learned. It was not an amount to give any effect whatsoever. I plan on trying a few other methods although I'm not going to get my hopes up because even if it slows the onset and causes a more involved experience. Its still not going to help with other things in my set like bad physical feelings prior to smoking. Only with more experience with DMT will I be able to figure out which contributed to the negative aspects of early trips... is it pain and fatigue or anxiety over becoming extreamly confused while trying to hit the pipe? I'm willing to test theses things but one step at a time here. Since I've had good results with my current method I'm being causious.

Perhaps try a freebased full spectrum Rue extract, or a freebased purified Harmala (Harmine/Harmaline) extract, in a capsule, or try some Moclobemide, Moclobemide doesn't cause any nausea or vomiting, while the Harmala/Rue extracts are much lighter on the stomach compared to the actual Rue but can still cause nausea/vomiting in large enough dosages unless the reverse tolerance has been built up to do away with the side-effects.

DmtProphecy
#15 Posted : 5/16/2018 3:30:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The plan was to try the freebase form next.

I don't think it's bad to drink the alcahol. I will say that I had a dream last night though. Alcahol is literally the least interesting substance imo but I think the dream was warning me about my addictive personality. I highly doubt I would ever be addicted to alcahol but well just in case I'm motivated to try other options. My dreams have led me on a straight path after all. I didn't get the feeling that I'm not supposed to use it with dmt but I do think that there's something out there... Some force of the universe maybe. Its preferable to use the least addictive substances possible and that really goes for anybody so I'll take it seriously. Maybe the harmala will work and if not I'll be responsible with it Smile

The dream definately wasn't about the Dmt... The correct setting hardy ever comes around. I wouldn't dare doing anything in the wrong setting so it pretty much impossible for me to get addicted to dmt.

I
#16 Posted : 5/20/2018 12:51:20 AM

EYE

The extreme opposite in fact: I quit drinking after a mushroom trip,realizing it's destructive force (not only in my life, but historically) almost 2 years ago... Cannabis is helpful (IME, but I smoke daily) for preflight anxiety (assuming this is the "set" you're avoiding with alcohol)... Cannabis is arguably "habit forming ", and can (for me and others) cause mild "withdrawal" type symptoms: like restlessness, sweats, mood shifts etc... I have found that sticking to natural substances (tryptamines and cannabis) has dramatically improved my life, and completely eradicated the effects of chemical dependency... Short answer (and you may not like it) if you're concerned about an "addictive personality", steer clear of additive substances: hope this is helpful, and good luck with your dilemma