We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Hermeticism And The Kybalion Options

Cactus Man
#1 Posted : 5/11/2018 9:15:50 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Anyone here interested in Hermeticism? I find the more I read Hermetic texts such as The Hermetica and The Kybalion that the principals and teachings of the texts match up with my previous (and current) beliefs.

Interested to read more in the vein of these topics and discuss with others what they think of them.

Listening to this one now ~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvV8vLON-nY

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

#2 Posted : 5/12/2018 1:06:13 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

Thanks for sharing Cactus Man

Yeah the corpus hermeticum is fascinating, and in many ways parallels many of the common tenets of many of the other 'isms' that circulate. There's a few quotes that I love, I'll post some of the ones I'd saved from my pdf copy as I skim through.

<3

Quote:
Close your eyes and let the mind expand. Let no fear of death or darkness arrest its course. Allow the mind to merge with Mind. Let it flow out upon the great curve of consciousness. Let it soar on the wings of the great bird of duration, up to the very Circle of Eternity.

Quote:
That which is below is like that which is above, and that which is above is like that which is below, to perform the miracles of one only thing.

Quote:
Make, then, thyself to grow to the same stature as the Greatness which transcends all measure; leap forth from the body; transcend all Time; become Eternity

Cactus Man
#3 Posted : 5/12/2018 7:42:06 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I was partially inspired to revisit hermeticism after a wise friend of mine mentioned that the ultimate advice for my astrological sign (which happens to be Leo) is to strive for the internal throne and not for the external one. I really appreciated this simple yet powerful message and it reminded me a lot of the types of things Hermes Trismegistus would have said.

I would also like to mention that I am a firm believer in the fact that psychedelic substances help me (and others) to build such an internal throne!

Glory to the plants and the spirits of the earth! Praise unto them who erect and wash the internal throne of man!