We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
mushroom extraction question. Options

blacksheep
#1 Posted : 12/30/2007 9:26:11 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi everyone good to be with you all again- Ok I know this is the "DMT" nexus, but at my defense mushroom alkaloids are "DMT" , just not nn. So I've looked around and it seems like the best way to extract psilo-alkaloids is in a vinegar solution, soaked for an hour then brought up to the temp of about 160f for while strained then the mush sol is basified to about 10 then a NP is used to yeild psilocin crystals. The acetic acid and the temp of 160f removes the phosphate from psilocybin and converts it into psilocin so the extraction is for freebase psilocin only. I'm not going that route right now, what I'd like to do is somthing far simpler but I want to avoid using vinegar because I dont want to convert anything. What I'd like to do is to basiclly make a clean alkaloid tea and am wondering if anyone has had any sucsess in extracting the alkaloids for ingestion using anything other than vinegar. Will pure ascorbic acid in dH2O pull out the alkaloids efficientlly? How much vitC per litre of water, or what pH? The idea is to extract a fairly large ammount of mushroom powder to make a clean tea and redeposit into some dried mushies which will hopefully swell up with the psilo-solution, than to be dried again at 2x potency. Vinegar is supposed to be a good one but I want both alkaloids, and am afraid that while dry mushrooms were soaking all the alkaloids might convert. Any insight or experience in making tea is appreciated. Peace-
!!SNAP~KRACKLE~POP!!

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

3six5
#2 Posted : 12/30/2007 11:20:43 PM
DMT-Nexus member

there is another way. it uses high proof drinking alcohol and a freeze precip. the tek is up @ http://deoxy.org/wiki/Mu...ooms/Alkaloid_Extraction

Fable
#3 Posted : 12/31/2007 1:05:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I read something over at the CCLE it was in the Ask Dr Shulgin area and a guy used soxhlet extraction with alcohol as the solvent to yield crystals of psilo. There was a discussion about % alcohol/water mix for the best extraction. Really though mush is strong enough as mush. You don't want to do an A/B, if you were to simmer some water and throw in a little bit of Vit C and your mush powder and simmer for 5 minutes then strain, the resulting tea would work fine. The Vit C works more as an antioxidant to protect the psilo rather than aiding in extraction. The psilo is water soluble anyway. I don't think psilo likes heat too much so if you were to boil right down you might destroy all the goodness.
I am a leaf on the the wind, watch how I soar!

blacksheep
#4 Posted : 12/31/2007 1:15:40 AM
DMT-Nexus member

The ethonal extract seems to be the way by reading that, but I'm convinced that shulgin misunderstood the guys question or somthing. People have tried that and it sounds like it yeilds sugar precipitation and the alcohol actually contains the gold. In the reading I've done V-C is called for only as an antioxidant and vinegar is used as the acid, thats why I was asking thanks, but vinegar is used because it converts the psilocibyn to psilocin making it np soluble, so I wondered if just V-C could be used if converting wasn't the goal.
!!SNAP~KRACKLE~POP!!

Viracocha
#5 Posted : 2/13/2008 8:45:48 PM

..still lc..

there's a large thread over at the nook regarding this:
http://www.thenook.org/f...ndex.php?showtopic=29296