We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
A/B screwup? Options

heksen
#1 Posted : 10/31/2009 4:24:16 AM
DMT-Nexus member

ok.ive atsrted my first extraction yesterday, 800g acacia acuminata bark- all went according to plan except i had three distinct layers after adding shellit : a blackish heavy liquid on bottom, a fawn coloured strandy like substance like an inch then the clear shellit,

am i just puttign the shellite into the freezer or the middle layer or both?

k thanks,

i had no crystals at all when i checked this morning after 15 hours so ive heated it all back up and throwing the shellite through the tea again in hope ill get it right, same thing is happening, 3 layers.. can any one enlighten me?

cheers

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

heksen
#2 Posted : 10/31/2009 4:31:04 AM
DMT-Nexus member

i added around 30 g of caustic to the tea before throwing the shellite back through, was hoping this would serve as a defat process? can anyone help me or at least offer advice.. ASAP

its sitting on my bench :o

Noman
#3 Posted : 10/31/2009 5:01:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

A defat takes place before adding lye - a lot of the fats are in the shellite along with whatever spice you pulled and will keep the spice from precipitating.
The middle layer is an emulsion, formed in part because you didn't defat. It consists of shellite, basified liquid, and fat.
Your best bet is to put everything back together, break the emulsion, separate the shellite back out, and then salt the spice out of the solution with acid and rebasify and extract. The procedure is described better that I could in Coschi's Lex Tek to be found on this forum.

heksen
#4 Posted : 10/31/2009 5:03:27 AM
DMT-Nexus member

many thanks. Very happy ill have a look a at that tek, hopefully i can save this Razz

heksen
#5 Posted : 10/31/2009 5:39:07 AM
DMT-Nexus member

ok i currently have 2 solutions ; both with shellite and lye, after having separated with ph 4 water... one is a orangey colour with a 10ml layer ontop of it with some crusty strands in it, the other is a clear solution with a tiny tiny bit of gunk on the bottom.... do i combine these both one more time and take one of the layers for freezer precip? plz help.. ta Very happy

heksen
#6 Posted : 10/31/2009 6:29:04 AM
DMT-Nexus member

ok combined em both, i have a layer of shellite a tiny layer of plant fats and orangish/brown layer at the bottom, im going to have it sitting in a boiling water bath until someone replys and tells me which layer i want, im very sure i want the shellite... but please just confirm it for me! Razz

smokeydaze
#7 Posted : 10/31/2009 6:46:04 AM

Dragunov Mylshka Teapot

Confirmed!
SMOKE MORE DMT, SMOKE MORE DMT NOW

heksen
#8 Posted : 10/31/2009 7:18:46 AM
DMT-Nexus member

thanking you sir Very happy

heksen
#9 Posted : 11/1/2009 7:01:12 AM
DMT-Nexus member

ok, all parts are in the freezer now. I had a clear layer of shellite then a browny orange layer with some grubby lookign floaters; this was my bottom layer. shellite/naptha was the top layer

both are in the freezer as i thought i may as well try it out, i have not seen any crystals form as of yet its been at a cold cold freeze for aroudn 12 hours now, around 500mL shellite and 300ml in the brown murky one.

the brown layer appears to be frozen solid which obviously means i dont want this one

the shellite layer still doesnt have crystals, its around 2cups worth - 500ml , i used 800g of acacia acuminata bark to start with...

should i really be evap my mix to around 300ml ? or this should be ok and it will just take a few days for spice?

*worried*

endlessness
#10 Posted : 11/1/2009 1:14:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

its possible that you will need to evap to maybe even less than 300, maybe 100, of course all depending on how much dmt there was in the bark, something that nobody knows yet....

one thing I dont understand, you have the layers together in the same container in the freezer? The brown layer is to be discarded after 3-5 pulls, its no use putting it on the freezer! Also did you only do one pull (always repeating using the same shellite for mixing)? Then you have to make more pulls with fresh shellite

Also, I dont understand, you talk about separating with pH 4 water after adding the solvent, and things like this which dont make sense unless you are doing a defat!

When pH is low (like pH 4), all the dmt will be in the water (brown) layer.. Having solvent (shellite in your case) at this point will only make it pick up plant oils.. this solvent has to be thrown away after.. Then when one adds lye and the pH is high (starting at 9 or smt but ideally at closer to 14), THEN you add the shellite, mix mix mix (no shake!), (if there kayers dont separate properly, check the FAQ for answers on how to.... )... Then separate the layers with a pippette or something, keep the shellite from the pull in a container, add fresh shellite to your main container with the high pH acacia water, again stir stir stir, separate, etc.. do this 3 to 5 times..

Then put the shellite from the pulls together, throw away the brown water, stick into the freezer.. If the shellite is not at least all cloudy after a couple of hours, then evap till 25% of original volume, and into the freezer again..

heksen
#11 Posted : 11/2/2009 5:27:41 AM
DMT-Nexus member

endlessness, thanks for your reply.. im pretty much over this now, i sepearated agian with ph4 water for a defat, well that was the idea, i basically added the water then went to lye water, then put the shellite through again

i did this because i had 3 layers, noman pointed out the middle layer was plant fats most liekly. in my eyes i thought that was the good stuff coz it was all strandy and crystally the shellite didnt appear to have anything... so cut a long story short
both tubs went into the freezer - the shellite which wasnt cloudy in any way and the brown liquid which after 6 hours froze solid so i discarded it- im thinking that probably had all the stuff in it didnt it? Sad

the shellites still in the freezer i just poured it off ans scraped all the gunk off the bottom i got maybe 1/4 teaspoon of fine fine brownish colour. im smoking it in a lightbulb now, its doing nothing...

i still have my shellite in teh freezer, i dont hold much hope for it.. its been in there for around 30 hrs now and if i aint got anythign i not holding my breath...

i plan to do another extraction soon, just need to obtain some more bark, i was doing it from 800g of acacia accuminata bark- using hcl and lye, pulled with shellite. i followed the dmt handbook tech alas, no results.

i did put my shellite back in the freezer but im sure it wont do anything
i still have my bark tea but i doubt theres anything left in it

heksen
#12 Posted : 11/2/2009 5:31:17 AM
DMT-Nexus member

teh shit im smoking definately tastes n smells like dmt

endlessness
#13 Posted : 11/2/2009 9:30:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I would evap all the shellite, put whatever comes out (if anything does) together with this gunk that went to the bottom of the freeze precip container, recrystalize it with minimum amount of shellite (30ml warm per 1g impure stuff) and then in the freezer again

mumbles
#14 Posted : 11/2/2009 2:58:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

heksen wrote:
i did this because i had 3 layers, noman pointed out the middle layer was plant fats most liekly. in my eyes i thought that was the good stuff coz it was all strandy and crystally the shellite didnt appear to have anything...
Yeap thats the classic trick. It looks nice and all but its a trick and you wont see any DMT or crystals or anything until you freeze precipitate. Try get rid of that fatty layer as early as possible in the extraction because it just makes life difficult and dont be afraid to lose a little dmt containing shellite to get rid of it.

Another thing: you can't smoke dmt out of a lighbulb. Swim suggests a layer of ashes in a bong, dmt, then more ashes, and dont let the flame touch the spice because it will destroy it.