We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Easily accessable maoi alternatives? Options

DmtProphecy
#1 Posted : 5/2/2018 9:10:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I don't have any harmalas yet and would like ideas on some Maoi that I could use for the meantime.

I'm aware of syrian rue tea but not sure if I could stomach it. Same goes for the caapi tea.

I don't have any prescription maoi's nor am I a fan of prescription drugs if I can avoid them.

Im wondering if anyone has any ideas for maois. I'm looking for something easily accessable that can be picked up at a vitamin/ herb shop or grocery store. I really want to get something to me quickly. I woukd hate to hold off on my attempts at hyperspace.... I haven't been successful in trying to break through as it is so I would like to get whole of an Maoi before I try again to reduce the chance at wasting any dmt.

It doesn't matter to me whether the Maoi is taken orally or smoked. For convenience orally would be best though.

Mod wrote:
Edited by moderator. Please review the forum attitude no discussion of buying/selling/sourcing/recieving is allowed.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

dreamer042
#2 Posted : 5/2/2018 10:24:46 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

Patience young padawan, hyperspace isn't going anywhere.

If you don't have time/patience to explore extracting your own materials, I'm afraid you don't really have time/patience to be exploring these substances in good conscience. Go find some mushrooms, better yet learn to grow them and instill yourself with some of that equanimity, humility, diligence, and attention to detail that will undoubtedly serve you well as you begin to approach the medicine path in earnest.

P.S. - Since I know you won't listen to the good advice above anyway, what are you looking for is passion flower. You need A LOT of it to inhibit MAO, several hundred grams at least, and due to it's other compounds and effects, it may not be safe to take in those doses. You'd be better off getting some rue.
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

antares
#3 Posted : 5/2/2018 10:50:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I am no expert on this but from what reading and research I have done on this topic, Rue seems to be the most easily available and cost effective reliable agent available currently. Do a rue extraction if rue tea is not your cup of teaRolling eyes (pun intended). Stop okay I'll get my coat.

ShamensStamen
#4 Posted : 5/2/2018 10:55:41 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Yeah Passion Flower is too weak, imo, with it's Harmine content to be a suitable source of MAO-A inhibition, i mean i'm sure it's doable but as dreamer mentioned it's other compounds and effects would probably get in the way of things, Passion Flower is probably better used as an admixture plant rather than a source of Harmine.

I know people are hesitant about pharmaceuticals, but i highly suggest giving Moclobemide a try, it's available as a prescription in Canada and Australia (not here in the US, unfortunately) but it can also be bought online without a prescription. I've used Moclobemide quite a bit, haven't had any issues with it, and it's by far cleaner feeling compared to Harmalas, no nausea/vomiting/diarrhea and no real body load unlike with the Harmalas. About 150mgs to 300mgs i'd say, i usually go for about 300mgs. You can also add admixture plants to DMT and Moclobemide as well, to flavor things, just like you can with Aya, it's pretty cool, i like Lemon Balm, Passion Flower may be interesting as an admixture plant though but i haven't tried it yet. You can take the Moclobemide orally and then vape the DMT about say 2 hours later and it should definitely work out pretty well. Or you can take the DMT orally, and get more out of it, or add admixture plants or what not.

Otherwise, Rue is your best bet. You can buy Rue seed and make your own extract which really isn't hard to do, though filtering can be a bit of a pain, but it's relatively easy and only requires some vinegar and washing soda. Or, you can browse around online for some Harmala extracts, perhaps check ebay? Extracts don't cause as much stomach stuff as the actual Rue seed or tea does but with a high enough dosage can no doubt still cause nausea/vomiting, but a good dose of Rue full spectrum freebased extract, imo, is about 180mgs to 200mgs, 200mgs only causes me some diarrhea and maybe a bit of vomiting on occasion but no nausea, 180mgs to 185mgs doesn't cause me any diarrhea, nausea, or vomiting.

Doc Buxin
#5 Posted : 5/3/2018 12:40:46 AM

Pay No Mind

This is worth repeating:

dreamer042 wrote:
...Patience young padawan, hyperspace isn't going anywhere.

If you don't have time/patience to explore extracting your own materials, I'm afraid you don't really have time/patience to be exploring these substances in good conscience. Go find some mushrooms, better yet learn to grow them and instill yourself with some of that equanimity, humility, diligence, and attention to detail that will undoubtedly serve you well as you begin to approach the medicine path in earnest...

May we all find our Peace
Freedom's so hard
When we are all bound by laws
Etched in the scheme of nature's own hand
Unseen by all those who fail
In their pursuit of fate

DmtProphecy
#6 Posted : 5/3/2018 7:40:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

dreamer042 wrote:
Patience young padawan, hyperspace isn't going anywhere.

If you don't have time/patience to explore extracting your own materials, I'm afraid you don't really have time/patience to be exploring these substances in good conscience. Go find some mushrooms, better yet learn to grow them and instill yourself with some of that equanimity, humility, diligence, and attention to detail that will undoubtedly serve you well as you begin to approach the medicine path in earnest.

P.S. - Since I know you won't listen to the good advice above anyway, what are you looking for is passion flower. You need A LOT of it to inhibit MAO, several hundred grams at least, and due to it's other compounds and effects, it may not be safe to take in those doses. You'd be better off getting some rue.

I already intend to grow mushrooms. Here in a month I should be prepared to do that. I won't be able to use them anytime soon however because a significant amount, enough for a breakthrough like experience would stay in my system for too long. I only have at max a few hours a time to do any given psychadelic. This is why the discovery of dmt seems such a blessing. I don't think I should not do the dmt because of my schedule however. As long as I have time to do it, and am mentally good, I don't see why it would be a bad thing for me.

I have ordered some syrian rue seeds. It's possible the tea won't be as hard on me as I imagine it could be. I'm just trying to be prepared here is all.

I don't want to waste the time on other options if they truly are ineffective.

If the tea doesn't work, I'll have the freebase in a week or two.

I think it's awfully judgmental to think that if someone does not make their own that they shouldn't be doing dmt at all. We are all on our own journies here... I'm just going where mine had taken me.

I will take your advice and try to not rush things however. It's true I have my whole life ahead of me. The best is surely yet to cone. I appreciate the advice.

Moderator wrote:
Once again, If you mention buying again you will be permanantly banned from the forum. Please review the forum attitude and adhere to it.

DmtProphecy
#7 Posted : 5/3/2018 3:13:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I never asked where specifically to buy anything. I was under the impression that sourcing only applied to dmt, dmt containing compounds and other psychadelic and illegal substances, especially ones which arent being grown to make up for those harvested. I've seen a post which linked people where to buy the vapor genie and mesh pads for it. Something like an Maoi didn't stand out to me as against the rules. I really don't mean to break the rules and i won't mention it again.

ShamensStamen
#8 Posted : 5/3/2018 9:43:08 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Don't worry DmtProphecy, they're kind of uptight here when it comes to sourcing anything pretty much, i've already been down that road lol. I think the rules kinda suck but what can ya do? lol. I'm sure it's for a good reason though, but still a little uptight if you ask me. Like it would make sense for DMT-containing plants but apparently it applies to most things except chem equipment and such.

Doc Buxin
#9 Posted : 5/4/2018 9:04:37 PM

Pay No Mind

ShamensStamen wrote:
... the rules kinda suck but what can ya do? lol. I'm sure it's for a good reason though...

Yes indeed, there are many very good reasons as to why the rules here at the DMT Nexus are the way they are...

Believe me, if you've ever been arrested and imprisoned for simply possessing a psychedelic substance (like I have), you really appreciate the rules that Trav & the mods have put into place here.

They are in place for your safety and the safety of everyone involved with Nexus.

We should all be very grateful that a forum like this still exists...

Peace Cool

Freedom's so hard
When we are all bound by laws
Etched in the scheme of nature's own hand
Unseen by all those who fail
In their pursuit of fate

ShamensStamen
#10 Posted : 5/4/2018 11:19:20 PM
DMT-Nexus member

As i said i can understand about the DMT-containing plants, but Caapi, Rue, Moclobemide, and some other things that are completely legal (in most places), ehhh, kinda hard seeing a reason for not being able to source that stuff.

I
#11 Posted : 5/5/2018 7:25:37 PM

EYE

I think the points trying to be made are as follows:
Working with psychedelics is not like using drugs, in that you don't just buy some stuff, do it, and that's that... Working with psychedelics requires patience... Patience to develop, learn, integrate and apply... Working with psychedelics begins with building a relationship with the plants and the knowledge base, and is ever progressive in nature...
Secondly, I feel finding your way also entails finding your resources... Thus, sourcing of any fashion, is counterintuitive to the baseline... this "hobby" requires a passion, a thirst for knowledge acquisition, and "instant gratification" is not serving...
This is all simply my opinion, and an attempt to convey not only my perspective, but of my interpretation of the overall attitude of the nexus... The best things in life require a little effort above norm: no reason to suspect the more profound of these things be any different.

ShamensStamen
#12 Posted : 5/5/2018 11:26:06 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I completely agree, but i still think there's nothing wrong with trying to help someone out or give them advice or help them find good ingredients without having to go through crap sources and waste money.

I
#13 Posted : 5/6/2018 2:55:55 AM

EYE

I wish it were that simple: "they'll" take any and everything they can from us to serve their agenda, they nature of the product isn't necessarily the issue... For example, wouldn't surprise me to see obtaining said MAOI without prescription becoming more and more difficult, simply because now it's been stated you can do so... Think it at best to only source live plants and seeds, and even better, directly from the STS website:
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...rect&Redirect=STS001
I am working on starting a sustainable project of my own,and rather excited!Lol, best of luck to you in your endeavors

ShamensStamen
#14 Posted : 5/6/2018 4:57:52 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I understand and can agree. I just think people are bit uptight ya know? Especially if one gets banned for something they didn't know was against the rules only to be told afterwards the reason without even being given a warning of sorts, like happened to me with my first account.

DmtProphecy
#15 Posted : 5/6/2018 5:54:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I hope this doesn't very taken the wrong way but I feel passionately here and I've just gotta say it...

Firstly, I want to agree with you about it being better to makes ones one maois. But...

I think that there are instances where it's also ok to not do so. I for one am bogged down with responsibilities. Having young kids, a job and health problems makes it hard to do what I want sometimes. By the time the kids get old enough for me to have more time, it's highly likely that I will physically not be able to handle something as intense as dmt. I'm young but there are some health problems that just take a toll on the body overall. I'm not saying that's ganna happen but you never can know these things. More likely than not I'll be up for DMT for many to years to come but thinking that I won't be able to get what I seek before I'm not up for it makes me fell rushed about it. More than anyone I know I've needed certain answers about life. I don't know anyone else more obsessed with these certain questions than myself. I've worked on my spirituality a lot in my life and I still do... There are many ways to do this. Making maoi's is far from the only way to do this.

My point is, even though it is preferable to make ones own, don't judge. You might do the same thing too in some situations. It doesn't mean they are any less enlightened or that they shouldn't do DMT. Sure there are some people out there who don't have a passion or whatever but that's not always the case.

It seems like I'm being judged here and I just think people should try to be a little more open minded.

I get the rules thing though. That's alright.