We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123
Ringing in the ears and healing it with entheogens? Options

Northerner
#41 Posted : 1/8/2018 7:25:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

DreaMTripper wrote:

I have tinnitus in both ears and quite bad in my right ear with some major hearing loss that started the other week. I'm having an MRI tomorrow to see if there is something there.
The way I have coped over the years is to attach no emotion to it and to see it as part me like a heart beat or a breath. Easier said than done I know. The sound of crickets sometimes masks it completely and what a beautiful sound they make anyway.

I also have tinnitus in both ears. I have constant crickets and cicadas outside and fish tanks in every major room of the house. So it's totally masked and I rarely notice it unless I lay on one ear in bed.
For me it never started until I tried DMT and harmalas. I still can't identify them as the cause but it seems possible. There are studies out recently that have shown hearing related synapses to being stuck in the "always on" state causes tinnitus in some cases (as linked previously, but I read this before now). They are developing treatments... but it will be a while yet.
Meanwhile, consider getting some fish tanks. They are lovely creatures and the constant tinkling of water and popping of bubbles is not such a bad thing to live with. Smile
The nearest we ever come to knowing truth is when we are witness to paradox.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Loveall
#42 Posted : 5/4/2018 10:57:12 PM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

How about using Vinpocetine (found in the common ornamental periwinkle plant)? Anyone have experience with that to help with Tinnitus?
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

Loveall
#43 Posted : 9/17/2020 3:03:14 PM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

There is a free website that offers notch therapy. This therapy can be looked up on the literature. It is currently experimental (neither confirmed or denied). Basically, you identify your tinnitus frequency, and notched white noise is generated for you that has that frequency removed as a therapy.

If interested check it out at https://tinnitusnotch.com/

I'd recommend reading up on notch therapy before trying it out (e.g. protocols call for 3 hours a day, etc).

💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

Northerner
#44 Posted : 9/17/2020 10:59:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks Loveall. I'll definitely be looking closely at that site and the research behind it.
Since this thread started my tinnitus has got worse. It seems that every time I visit hyperspace I bring back more high frequencies with me. To actually have a moment of silence during my sober waking hours would be a welcome relief.

As it is LSD is the only thing I have found that stops it. Which is pleasant enough, but I can't stay tripping 24/7.
The nearest we ever come to knowing truth is when we are witness to paradox.

Tomtegubbe
#45 Posted : 9/18/2020 10:54:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Northerner wrote:
It seems that every time I visit hyperspace I bring back more high frequencies with me. To actually have a moment of silence during my sober waking hours would be a welcome relief.
This is interesting! Now that you mentioned it, I feel the same. I think I'm more sensitive to sensory information altogether. Colors are more vibrant after tripping and my smell has improved. I think this has to do with being more aware of tinnitus.
It's somewhat annoying but also something that is probably difficult to cure. My approach has been to accept the choices I did long time ago that lead to this condition. Listening to velvet noise has helped me, when I want to be in silence but want to get rid of the ringing for a while.
My preferred method:
Very easy pharmahuasca recipe

My preferred introductory article:
Just a Wee Bit More About DMT, by Nick Sand

PREV123