We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Recommended length of time to wait between psilocybin trips? Options

Tara123
#1 Posted : 5/1/2018 9:33:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi,

Is there a recommended length of time to wait between psilocybin trips? I had a 3g experience a few days ago (first one). It was amazing but I don't think I fully let go into the experience, if that makes sense, because I kept thinking about my sitter and whether they were ok.

I'm wondering how long to wait until the next one. I'm pondering the 5g but I might be a bit scared for that yet Shocked might have to build up to it Laughing

Any thoughts on how long to wait?

Thanks xx

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

DMTripper
#2 Posted : 5/2/2018 12:06:18 AM

John Murdoch IV

I need at least a week between trips to get full effects.
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

Astonish
#3 Posted : 5/2/2018 5:16:24 AM

Ontological Philosopher

For me after about 3 weeks of dosing every 4 days I started to experience reverse tolerance, and that has been a few years. I am taking a month break which will soon come to an end.
For everyone it is different, for me after a while 3-4 days is all I need.
For example, 5 weeks ago I dosed 9g, tripped hard, 4 days later, ate 9g, tripped just as hard,
4 days later, I ate 10g and tripped twice as hard as the first time.
Just have to see what it is for yourself.
Learning is the paramount delectation, and tribulation in life.
~Astonish

Ulim
#4 Posted : 5/2/2018 1:05:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

For shroom its shorter than for lsd depending on frequency and dosage I say a week for no tolerance and more for repeated use.

CosmicLion
#5 Posted : 5/2/2018 1:42:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Using Mushrooms every weekend will slowly but surely build a tolerance to the effects.... it takes a while though....

Working with mushrooms for over 15 years... I have tried every weekend, twice a week, once a month, and all other variations....

IME taking them MAXIMUM once every 2 weeks is ideal...

Once a month IMO is better long term.

At the very least, if you are in an every-weekend-mode for a while.. take a weekend or two off to re-balance.

As a side note, taking Harmala by itself will reverse some of the tolerance. So if you take a weekend off, take some harmala instead, then go back the next weekend READY to GO!

-The Cosmic Lion

Thumbs up
-Eternally Romping the Astral Savannahlands-

ShamensStamen
#6 Posted : 5/2/2018 8:30:32 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Oh how i wish Psilocin had no tolerance lol. One reason i like oral DMT so much, no tolerance, i've also heard from someone else that base Tryptamines in general have no tolerance but idk if that's true or not. I think taking Psilocin with a good dose of Harmalas is a good way to go for once or twice a week, I took 4-ACO-DMT with Rue twice in a week one time, i think i had 5 or 6 days in between, worked each time and didn't notice any lessening in effect, but i'm still relatively a newbie to Psilocin and haven't worked with it long enough to see how it's tolerance works out. But i'd say if you're looking for some regular experimentation, oral DMT is the way to go imo, or maybe check out some other base Tryptamines perhaps. I had taken oral DMT with Harmalas, but also Moclobemide, daily/near daily for a long while, didn't notice any issues.

dreamer042
#7 Posted : 5/2/2018 10:00:15 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

I think the tolerance thing is fairly misunderstood.

First off, tolerance doesn't mean that if you eat a substance 2 days in a row that it won't "work" on the second day. I doesn't even necessarily mean that you won't "trip as hard" on successive days. The latter is true in a general sense, but it usually takes quite a few successive redoses before there is a highly noticeable diminishment of psychoactive effects.

What is happening is that after your serotonin receptors are flooded with exogenous tryptamines they experience down regulation, meaning that they compensate for the flood of neurotransmitters by pulling in some of the receptors so that there are less available receptors to take up the onslaught of exogenous molecules the next time you dose. So if you dose again before they have had time to recover and up regulate, you'll experience further down regulation, and again, and again, and so on and so forth. Successive down regulation can make it difficult or impossible for the cells to up regulate receptor density back to previous levels. Beyond the diminished psychedelic effect, this means that as you go about your day to day, your nervous system will not be able to utilize your normal endogenous stores of serotonin and other tryptamines as efficiently, and as we are all aware, this is associated with lowered mood and depressive symptoms.

There is a study showing that ayahuasca up regulates platelet serotonin levels, but this doesn't necessarily mean that up regulation is taking place in the nervous system, or anywhere outside blood and plasma. Theoretically, the MAO inhibition effect of harmalas would lead to increased neurotransmitter levels at the synapse and downregulation of receptor density, as happens with reuptake inhibitors. Further research will be required to understand the mechanism by which ayahuasca has this up regulation effect, and whether any upregulation takes place in other areas within the organism.

From a neurological perspective tripping less frequently is both safer and will provide more profound effects when you do trip. Not to mention the importance of taking time to integrate each experience, ground back into ordinary consciousness, and explore and apply the lessons learned within the psychedelic state. Perhaps consider trying bigger doses less frequently if you are feeling compelled to return too soon.
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

Tara123
#8 Posted : 5/3/2018 3:18:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks so much everyone for the advice Very happy

Tara123
#9 Posted : 5/4/2018 7:35:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

CosmicLion wrote:
Using Mushrooms every weekend will slowly but surely build a tolerance to the effects.... it takes a while though....

Working with mushrooms for over 15 years... I have tried every weekend, twice a week, once a month, and all other variations....

IME taking them MAXIMUM once every 2 weeks is ideal...

Once a month IMO is better long term.

At the very least, if you are in an every-weekend-mode for a while.. take a weekend or two off to re-balance.

As a side note, taking Harmala by itself will reverse some of the tolerance. So if you take a weekend off, take some harmala instead, then go back the next weekend READY to GO!

-The Cosmic Lion

Thumbs up

Just out of interest, what has been the result of your use of mushrooms over the 15 years? Has it resulted in a change in you?

poppymountain
#10 Posted : 10/5/2018 8:13:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi Tara123,

I have been working with mushrooms for some time and I find that 2 weeks is a very comfortable spacing. One week is fine however; I don't see any issues with tolerance or reverse tolerance myself. I think there is a certain momentum to the work and I find if I go more than a month I start to miss it. This is completely different from cravings which I have experienced with addictive substances; it's more how you'd miss talking over the important things in life with a close friend.

I also find the mushrooms to be more friendly and inviting over time. I do find it important to come to our meetings with a relaxed and upbeat mindset and some planning however. Jumping in when there is not enough time and space to relax can be less comfortable, as with any psychedelic.

Happy journeys!
Things are not what they seem. Nor are they otherwise.

Lucid.deviance
#11 Posted : 10/7/2018 1:54:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

dreamer042 wrote:

From a neurological perspective tripping less frequently is both safer and will provide more profound effects when you do trip. Not to mention the importance of taking time to integrate each experience, ground back into ordinary consciousness, and explore and apply the lessons learned within the psychedelic state. Perhaps consider trying bigger doses less frequently if you are feeling compelled to return too soon.

Integration cannot be stressed enough. I find that if I journey to often, I have less meaningful experiences. I like to digest my trips completely before traveling again.
It is by will alone that I set my mind in motion.

"Put the changa in the bonga! Make the spice much stronga!" - so says rOm and I!